Alexis's car thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis's car thread!

Moved here instead of in 'the models speak' section...

In response to Darth Dave, I drive a Hyundai Pushing around a bit of Korean plastic until I can afford something that actually goes fast...hehe!

It has 17" rims (originally 13's), soon-to-be aggressive body kit, plus a myriad of other things including my fave -- the 5" rear muffler and 4" exhaust tip.

*swells with pride*

My fave cars would be along the lines of the latest Mazdas (Miatas) - preferably a 2003/04 MX-5, or a Subaru WRX Sti ('98 or '99 model....I hate the bug-eyes of the '00-'02's, and the upcoming 2006 one looks shocking!!).

Lastly...it's got about $1800 of car audio in there. I originally had a Playstation 2 wired up underneath the passenger-side seat with a power inverter and 7.5" LCD screen (I won't mention the 12 neon bars and 4 LED undercar bars) but took those out after the crash.

Modesty was never one of my personality traits...forgive me.

Hi Alexis,

First of all, you're so beautiful! Thanks for modeling - and for posting on the boards.

Second, I can't believe not one gearhead's responded to this before me.. Left you hanging out there in the breeze, they did! Oh well. OK, I'd make some kind of snide comment about your choices of accessories, but I know how girls luurrvve their rides, LOL. So I'll just ask what kind of Hyundai? There are some that actually go fast, you know!

I'm assuming you get Japanese-spec cars over there, right? And didn't Susie have a Miata once?

If you're into the old skool WRX then I'm assuming you're into WRC? Have you ever been to see (or have you driven) rally races in Oz? I can picture it now - you in blue and gold Subaru nomex (looking fierce), on the winner's podium along with your stunned Finnish co-driver and a bevy of Michelin girls..

I also notice you mention a wreck.. I used to do a bit of club racing here in the States until I was hurt fairly badly. Now I mostly drive a beat up old truck (though you might also catch me doing a bit of drag racing on the sly). It's a classic! My ICE consists of an AM/FM radio. My GF (who drives a BMW) thinks I'm a geek. She's right. Such is life.

BB
    Last edited by brownboyletamb; 21 August 2005, 11:26 AM. Reason: form

Comment

Hi Alexis and brownboyletamb... sorry I haven't posted sooner (been a bit lazy/busy lately...)

Alexis: Great to hear that interest in cars is also a girl's thing too

Is this your first car? I reckon there's nothing wrong with being "less than modest" about how you present your car. First cars are something that everybody has (or will have) sentimental memories of. It's perfectly understandable when people like to enter the driving realm making a bold, distinctive statement... perhaps it's a way of celebrating that newly-earned freedom

Have you actually had all that extra gear put in yourself, or was some of it contributed by previous owners? Was any of it done D.I.Y?

My fave cars would be along the lines of the latest Mazdas (Miatas) - preferably a 2003/04 MX-5, or a Subaru WRX Sti ('98 or '99 model....I hate the bug-eyes of the '00-'02's, and the upcoming 2006 one looks shocking!!)
      Sounds cool; got a thing for smaller sports cars, I presume?

It's annoying how some car manufacturers come up with really good styling, then proceed to mess it up and make it all fugly... In my opinion, the Ford AU Falcon (1998) and Mitsubishi TL Magna (2003) are some more examples of that... I liked their predecessor's styling more (although the new BA Falcon is much better).

As for myself...

I'm more of a large car person. Rear-wheel-drive 6cyl/8cyl cars, such as Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon (and also Nissan Skyline to some extent) are up my alley... strong low-end torque, deep engine/exhaust roar, purring along highways, and also lots of fun when accelerating on bends (just don't lose traction!).

Currently I own/drive a 1995 Holden VS Commodore (my first car, too!). It's pretty much pristine-looking on the outside, except for some 17" VY SS rims. Engine-wise, it's just a V6 (keeps the insurance costs down... being male and under 25 really sucks!). It's also 5-speed manual, which is pretty rare to find on these cars (fun to drive, fetches some more $$$ in resale). Usual mods: 2.5" exhaust (nice subtle exhaust note), dual cat, heavy-duty clutch (requires strong left foot!). Thinking of putting on cold-air induction and extractors soon. I've been meaning to buy a digital camera so I can take photos of it.

Entertainment-wise, it's only got the factory deck & speakers... I'm more of a FM radio person, and I prefer not to subject every other road user to excessively load "doof doof" (though I'm sure the bug will eventually bite!). I had some plans a few years ago to actually D.I.Y-build a computer-based MP3 in-car music player (being a software engineer and electronics whiz)... not sure if that will be getting under way soon, given you can easily buy systems like that now (but what about the satisfaction of "I did it myself"?). Have done some electrical D.I.Y. work on my car (troubleshooting and installing radio), but eventually plan to learn more at some stage.

I'm fortunate enough not to have had any accidents so far *touches wood*, but have had several near misses (I guess having ABS and defensive driver training has helped a bit...). Had to replace all four tyres recently (ouch... performance tyres cost a small fortune!), since previous owner had put on some poor quality remoulds that started falling apart with still 70% tread left. But at least all the mechanicals are still running mint...

As for my future cars... thinking of something with a V8 in it (perhaps HSV Clubsport, Monaro, Falcon XR8, etc), though it'd probably have to be a "weekend warrior" if fuel prices continue the way they are. In about 10-15yrs time I envision myself probably having a large size garage, with a D.I.Y. hotrod or two being worked on inside.

Anyways, that's enough from me for now... thanks for your time, Alexis, hope to hear from you soon

Comment

Actually I am Jag and Land Rover mechanic. I know all about driving fast cars and luxury cars and a few off road as well.

All though since I am moving to Adelaide in December, I would love to get a Ford Falcon sport Ute as my first car. I dont care if its a six or an eight. Just a Ute. They stopped making them back in the late seventies early eighties in America.

I like Aussie cars. Much more horsepower then American cars and better designs.

Although I have to get used to driving on the right side of the road for once. Not the wrong side.

Comment

Originally posted by brownboyletamb
          So I'll just ask what kind of Hyundai? There are some that actually go fast, you know!
          One that goes slow

I'm assuming you get Japanese-spec cars over there, right? And didn't Susie have a Miata once?
          There are many imported J-spec cars around here as well as a few straight off the production line. Plenty of skylines, 180/200sx's, and the occasional US import such as a Mustang.

If you're into the old skool WRX then I'm assuming you're into WRC? Have you ever been to see (or have you driven) rally races in Oz? I can picture it now - you in blue and gold Subaru nomex (looking fierce), on the winner's podium along with your stunned Finnish co-driver and a bevy of Michelin girls..
          Yep, I love WRC - but have never been to one. I was absolutely shattered when the news came of Possum Bourne's death a few years back. Would love to give it a go sometime.

I also notice you mention a wreck.. I used to do a bit of club racing here in the States until I was hurt fairly badly. Now I mostly drive a beat up old truck (though you might also catch me doing a bit of drag racing on the sly). It's a classic! My ICE consists of an AM/FM radio. My GF (who drives a BMW) thinks I'm a geek. She's right. Such is life.
          awww, poor you! Better now, I hope!

Men and their trucks.....or was that boys and their toys?.... inseperable, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo
            Is this your first car? I reckon there's nothing wrong with being "less than modest" about how you present your car. First cars are something that everybody has (or will have) sentimental memories of. It's perfectly understandable when people like to enter the driving realm making a bold, distinctive statement... perhaps it's a way of celebrating that newly-earned freedom.
            Third, actually! I used to own a 4WD Subaru Leone sportswagon and it was a great little car (only sold it due to too much rust forming around the panels - you can only use SO much filler and spot-welded sheet metal). It was on gas -- only cost AU$20 to fill it and it lasted about 500kms!

I also owned a Suzuki Mightyboy (remember the novelty midget utes that were an icon in Japan?) as a project car but had to sell it when I moved house. 3 cylinders of RAW, UNTAMED POWER!!! hehe.

I wish I'd never gotten rid of either of them. *sigh*

Have you actually had all that extra gear put in yourself, or was some of it contributed by previous owners? Was any of it done D.I.Y?
            I do 90% of the car modifications myself and I also service my own vehicles. *toots own horn*

As far as the Hyundai goes, I installed everything but the wheels as they needed to be balanced!

Sounds cool; got a thing for smaller sports cars, I presume?

It's annoying how some car manufacturers come up with really good styling, then proceed to mess it up and make it all fugly... In my opinion, the Ford AU Falcon (1998) and Mitsubishi TL Magna (2003) are some more examples of that... I liked their predecessor's styling more (although the new BA Falcon is much better).
            I have now. It used to be a 4WD thing. When I purchased the current car, I had a choice between that and a little Suzuki Vitara! Not sure which I should've chosen..

Oh, the AU's were terrible weren't they? Such sad, droopy 'eyes' of headlights. Still, they're cheap to buy if you want a car with the works and you don't mind the styling!

The old Magnas (and also every Toyota Camry) just couldn't get it right either. Even the Ralliart ones looked rather odd.

I'm more of a large car person. Rear-wheel-drive 6cyl/8cyl cars, such as Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon (and also Nissan Skyline to some extent) are up my alley... strong low-end torque, deep engine/exhaust roar, purring along highways, and also lots of fun when accelerating on bends (just don't lose traction!).

Currently I own/drive a 1995 Holden VS Commodore (my first car, too!). It's pretty much pristine-looking on the outside, except for some 17" VY SS rims. Engine-wise, it's just a V6 (keeps the insurance costs down... being male and under 25 really sucks!). It's also 5-speed manual, which is pretty rare to find on these cars (fun to drive, fetches some more $$$ in resale). Usual mods: 2.5" exhaust (nice subtle exhaust note), dual cat, heavy-duty clutch (requires strong left foot!). Thinking of putting on cold-air induction and extractors soon. I've been meaning to buy a digital camera so I can take photos of it.
            If I had the choice I would've gone for rear-wheel drive, but at the time of purchase (about 3 years ago) I wasn't so clued up on that. MX5's are rear-wheel thankfully!

I learnt to drive partly in a Toyota Landcruiser Troop-carrier with extractors..... vrrOOOOMMM. My Subaru had a heavy-duty clutch also so I know how that feels!! It's even worse when you snap a clutch cable and have to angel-gear it (in the main street of town, too...)

Entertainment-wise, it's only got the factory deck & speakers...
            Aww! That's okay, car manufacturers are getting a lot better at putting decent sound systems in cars the first time around (ignoring the dodgy Pioneer speakers in early Falcons). An MP3 system would definitely be easy to make -- one old laptop (with the ability to play music when the screen is shut), power inverter, numerical keypad (about $10 on auction websites if you're lucky) to change tracks and a good ventilation system. Plenty of how-to's online.

I'm fortunate enough not to have had any accidents so far *touches wood*, but have had several near misses (I guess having ABS and defensive driver training has helped a bit...). Had to replace all four tyres recently (ouch... performance tyres cost a small fortune!), since previous owner had put on some poor quality remoulds that started falling apart with still 70% tread left. But at least all the mechanicals are still running mint...
            I'm dreading replacing the 17's when the time comes. The crowd that I got them through were originally going to put remoulds on there but I've seen far too many blow out for my liking! And yes, as long as the engine is A1.... not so big a drama

Phew!

Comment

Alexis, although the red is a little much, this was my favorite car. A 1969 Pontiac GTO.
              This will show my age.

Specs:
              400 cubic inch V8 Ram Air IV, four speed

0 to 60 mph . . . . 6.2 sec.
              Standing 1/4 mile . . . .14.45 sec. @ 97.8 mph
              Performance testing: 7.8 MPG
              Normal: 9 to 11 MPG

400 cubic inch V8 Ram Air IV

* 370 hp
              * Rochester Quadrajet carburetor
              * Air Conditioning not available
              Last edited by alleyes1; 31 January 2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

See, Alexis? All we needed was a little pump-priming to get this thread going.. Nothing sexier than a girl who can hack computers AND tune her own car. Can you weld? That'd make you perfect!

Originally posted by Alexis
                Yep, I love WRC - but have never been to one. I was absolutely shattered when the news came of Possum Bourne's death a few years back. Would love to give it a go sometime.
                Well, I had fun.. Until I rolled my car..

I would love to take a year off and just follow the WRC around like a Deadhead. It would also give me a good reason to go to Oz and NZ.. I've been to lots of club rally events here in the US, but the culture isn't the same. I'd love to be part of a crowd of real WRC fans and soak up all that.. uh.. atmosphere.. I've been to Pike's Peak Hillclimb (probably the closest thing to WRC in the US), and while it was breathtaking it's not exactly Monaco, if you know what I mean.

awww, poor you! Better now, I hope!
                Oh yeah, that was years ago. Though my GF says I must still have lingering brain-damage.. I probably shouldn't be doing anything involved with motorsports now, but once you get into competitive racing it's kinda hard to quit. I don't do the rally stuff anymore though. Too old. Now I just go fast in a straight line. That's enough excitement for me, LOL. Lots of good drag racers coming out of Australia now, and a lot of women too. Ever go? You should try it; it's a rush.

Men and their trucks.....or was that boys and their toys?.... inseperable, it seems.
                Well, let's put it this way, it's easier to make out in the back of my truck.

BB

ps How 'bout a pic of you with your ride?

Comment

One that goes slow
                  Hmmm... does it Excel at going slow?

I do 90% of the car modifications myself and I also service my own vehicles. *toots own horn*

As far as the Hyundai goes, I installed everything but the wheels as they needed to be balanced!
                  Awesome! Did you teach yourself all this, or was it through some form of training/education?

I've got a long-term goal of learning how to do most of the work myself... helps avoid dodgy mechanics and high labour costs. Slowly building up a D.I.Y. home-mechanic garage (got a medium-range toolbox at the moment). My car also has unusually low mileage for its age (138,000kms, had to pay fair $$$ for it), I'm also fairly dependant on it (30min drive into uni), so I'm a bit hesitant to play with things... but I'll soon build up the confidence...

I also owned a Suzuki Mightyboy (remember the novelty midget utes that were an icon in Japan?) as a project car but had to sell it when I moved house. 3 cylinders of RAW, UNTAMED POWER!!! hehe.
                  With the right mods, it could make an amusing and cool street sleeper. I know of someone who has a project car (early-90's Corolla liftback with supercharger, but exterior looks bog standard)... he often gets idiots mocking him "can't afford your own car... have to race ya mum's, eh?"... they often receive an unexpected surprise when they try racing him from the lights
                  Last edited by Diablo; 22 August 2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

It has 17" rims (originally 13's), .....
                    I hate to be the ***hole from a car club to spoil all the fun with legalities but did you get those rims engineered? You must be driving on a damn elastic band for rubber.

Anywho be sure to avoid the cops with those 17's......

Hotdawg

Comment

Just curious. As the price of gasoline now exceeds $2.50us (per gallon) in America, I was wondering what the price per litre is in Australia. I ahve contemplated travelling to Sydney, renting a car and driving across the country to WA and back up to Uluru. Will I have to mortgage my soul?

Comment

Heya all

Wow, im disgusted at myself for not seeing this car thread earlier!!
                        Im very very very very into cars!!

I drive a modified Mazda MX6 turbo everyday (3" turbo back exhaust, more boost, air filter, rebuilt turbo, lowered King springs, KYB shocks). it also has a pretty tidy audio install care of a good mate who is the current australian SQ (Sound Quality) champ. Two 10 subs in the boot all boxed up, front PPI splits and crossover, JVC MP3 headunit, one 2x360W amp for the subs, 2x40W Rockford Fosgate punch amp for the front splits. It amplifies my taste for the heavy basslines in my drum and bass/old skool rave music collection!!

My weekend car is a Mazda RX3 sedan. yes its a rotary and it does go "brap brap brap". Nearly everything on it is custom, from the German paint and the NZ built race motor to the detail work in the enginebay and custom shocks. I have built her myself from the ground up, taken me close to 5yrs to date and she still isnt finished/driving!! Its built for show and go. I have already been offered a magazine shoot and cant wait to thrash the hell out of it on a racetrack (drag and circuit)!! I could have bought a brand new Suby WRX for the amount of money i have thrown into my baby.... Sad isnt it....

I have 2 businesses that cater for the modified car scene and have had my work on the front cover of every modified car magazine in Oz and on the car that won the two biggest modified car awards in Australia (Summernats grand champion and Meguiars MotorEx champion). Im a metal polisher (among other things), so all the chrome and polished engines ya see on hotrods and harleys, thats what i do

GLIDER!!
                        Our petrol prices in Sydney have been hovering around $1.20(AUD)/litre for standard unleaded fuel.

Sorry if i talked too much, cars get me excitied!!
                        Ill be quite now....

Mark!!

Comment

1990 VW Corrado G60
                          1.91L Lysholm twin-screw supercharged @ 22psi. (Insane low end and instant throttle response) Muahaha!
                          17" wheels, Brembo cross drilled rotors. SS brake lines, upgraded the front brake calipers from single piston to double.
                          Anti-sway bars. Neuspeed sport springs. Home made Cro-moly strut tower braces

Just rebuilt the motor with custom forged pistons, everything balanced, lightened flywheel(not too light) All ARP studs 'n bolts.
                          Replaced the stock 8v head with a ported and polished 16v head
                          Quaife limited slip differential for the front wheel drive
                          Working on mounting a slightly larger front mount intercooler, stock one is puny and hidden in the back of the engine compartment. Procrastinating on fabricating DIY Kevlar intercooler plumbing. (kevlar dampens noise and my supercharger is too noisy)

Home made 2.5" SS exhast system.

Hasn't yet run with all the latest modifications so I have no fruits of my labor yet
                          Draggin' my butt on a carbon fiber rear spoiler, just replacing the behemoth factory one with a far lighter one. Nearly done.
                          Eventually going to make a hood and as many body panels as I can out of carbon fiber. Just fer fun.

In the mean time, my daily driver is a Honda CBR F4i 600cc. Faster than this car will ever be and get's good fuel economy

Comment

Originally posted by mothra
                            1990 VW Corrado G60.....
                            My ride....1997 Nissan Premier hotted up with :

*Suspension:
                            - Lowered all round on King Springs.
                            - KYB Excel-g S2 shocker all round

Body mods
                            - Replacement Stillen bodykit allround (no rear wing)
                            - Newstyle Eyelids
                            interior
                            - Blue Emtech dials
                            - Recaro style front racing seats.

*Wheels, Tyres
                            - Chrome locknuts
                            - Hankook 'Ventus Sport' 205/40/R17 silica tyres

Extras
                            - Blue-painted front calipers.
                            - Blue Headlight globes.

my girlfirend says I spend to much money on the car........wonder why?

Comment

ok all you people and your fancy detals on your cars makes me wanna go out and kick my craptacular 91 dodge colt....

Comment

"Craptacular"--what a great word. May I steal it? I drive a 92 Mercury Topaz, which has given me many miles with low maintenance, but I am under no illusions as to its coolness. Please don't tell anyone it's my mother's car.

The odds of me owning/driving one are next to nothing, but I have always admired the beauty of the Studebaker Avanti from the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                                  "Craptacular"--what a great word. May I steal it?
                                  to behonest I ripped it off from the Simpsons, so the word is far game,use it at will Art.
                                  infact when I write a book on my life story, I think Craptacular will be the name of my "dating" chapter, jesus what a horrible thing to go threw...I would rather get kicked over and over in the the happy sack by a 450lb gorlilla then to do the dating thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by alleyes1
                                    Alexis, although the red is a little much, this was my favorite car. A 1969 Pontiac GTO.
                                    Verrrrry nice. I'd have something like that for a project car these days, if only I had the room.

Can you weld? That'd make you perfect!
                                    I can do a rather crappy job with a MIG, but that's about it! Best to leave that one to someone who is actually talented at it

Awesome! Did you teach yourself all this, or was it through some form of training/education?
                                    Self taught, with some assistance from my father and my stepfather. I did look at doing some sort of formal education, but there are so many other things I want to learn...

(Yes, you were pretty right with your assumption too - but I was trying to avoid the topic!)

Originally posted by hotdawg
                                    I hate to be the ***hole from a car club to spoil all the fun with legalities but did you get those rims engineered? You must be driving on a damn elastic band for rubber.
                                    210's, to be exact! The 235mm tyres didn't fit. It's borderline on legal, but I don't really do anything stupid on the roads (anymore) so I don't have much of a problem unless I try to drive over rough train tracks...

Originally posted by Sprocket
                                    I have 2 businesses that cater for the modified car scene and have had my work on the front cover of every modified car magazine in Oz and on the car that won the two biggest modified car awards in Australia (Summernats grand champion and Meguiars MotorEx champion). Im a metal polisher (among other things), so all the chrome and polished engines ya see on hotrods and harleys, thats what i do
                                    Do you have a website of some sort?? I'd absolutely love to check it out!

Originally posted by mothra
                                    Draggin' my butt on a carbon fiber rear spoiler, just replacing the behemoth factory one with a far lighter one. Nearly done.
                                    I have 15 metres of automotive fibreglass sitting at home for a similar purpose... might use it to re-mould all interior plastic trims instead (think nice, smooth, light blue A-pillars with a few gauge housings either side). That's once I get over the awful sensation of fibreglass wedged in my hands.

Originally posted by hotdawg
                                    - Hankook 'Ventus Sport' 205/40/R17 silica tyres
                                    205's, wow! I'm guessing about 6.5" wide rims?

Comment

Back in her glory days before getting smashed (so to speak)....
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by hotdawg

210's, to be exact! The 235mm tyres didn't fit. It's borderline on legal, but I don't really do anything stupid on the roads (anymore) so I don't have much of a problem unless I try to drive over rough train tracks...

What's all this engineering/legalities business?
                                        They have funny laws about wheels down there?

~M

Comment

We have laws with regard to the space from the wheels to the guards and also the width of the wheel (as in, not protruding further than the upper wheel arch/guard). There are also certain 'grey areas' with regard to the size of the new wheel vs. factory standard sizes (might struggle to obtain a certificate of roadworthiness).

Some would argue that you can flare out your guards to allow for the wheel width and thus maintain a roadworthy status, however I reckon you'd just be attracting more unwanted attention from the police

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add the laws about vehicle height from the ground. Not sure what the exact measurement is (it's around 3-5 inches), but who'd want their ride THAT low anyhow?

Comment

205's, wow! I'm guessing about 6.5" wide rims?
                                              7" to be exact.....

Hotdawg

Comment

Alexis, here in the US of A we have several reality shoes about people who customize cars and motorcycles. Sounds like a good line of work for you. I love the pic of your front end. (Wait, I could have phrased that better... ). Does your fiancee share your love of things automotive?

Comment

we have several reality shoes about people

"alleyes chuckles quitely"

Alexis, actually Artlover is mimicking Ed Sullivan, "Weve got a really big shoe, tonight".

Alleyes
                                                  Last edited by alleyes1; 24 August 2005, 04:33 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Alexis, here in the US of A we have several reality shoes about people who customize cars and motorcycles. Sounds like a good line of work for you. I love the pic of your front end. (Wait, I could have phrased that better... ). Does your fiancee share your love of things automotive?
                                                    Yeah, I've seen a few trailers for some of those 'shoes'

To work in that industry would be an absolute dream!! I have thought several times about making my own decals etc. for vehicles as a start....but I need to get the printer/cutter first, so until I can afford a good one those plans are on hold.

Eventually I could see myself working with fibreglass, carbon fibre, aftermarket lighting, custom spray painting and even basic airbrushing (flames, etc)... maybe one day... very hard to get a leg-up into that sort of industry given the amount of guys that want to be there

The fiancé does share the love, yes. He's big into car audio...not so much 'doof doof' as SQ (sound quality) setups.

Comment

Oh, hotdawg -- the guy from Newstyle is custom-making eyelids for my car

Comment

thank you for that generous explanation, 'eyes. Sounds better than "brain fart".

Comment

Heya there ALEXIS!!

I have two sites currently alive.
                                                          One is Urbanthredz.com, its an online "underground" clothing store based in Australia. Theres also a real basic bio on my music preferences in there if you get real bored!! Hehehee

The other is OzDnB.com, thats an austra wide drum'n'bass forum. Drum and bass music is like jungle, if ya cant recognise that, imagine one of those "bass mechanic" CDs the dudes with big car systems play to thrash their subs to hell and back, thats kinda jungle.

Here are some pics of work that i did while metal polishing under my own business:

This gearbox took me nearly 2 weeks of solid work to do, it cost more than the gearbox itself for my polishing efforts!! BUT this, along with the rest of my work on the car, won the owner the 2 most prestegious car awards in Australia last year (Summernats Grand Champion and Meguiars MotorEx Champion, the car was a two tone green XP falcon, used to be the gold XP351 built by the Hillier Brothers).
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/box1.jpg
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/box2.jpg
                                                          Here is some work i did for a Honda Integra with AROUSN numberplates.
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/arousn1.jpg
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/arousn2.jpg
                                                          A centrifugal supercharger i did for a BMW M3:
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/bmwblower.jpg
                                                          A US made quad throttle manifold for a 13B turbo:
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/jaytech1.jpg
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/jaytech2.jpg
                                                          A R32 GTR Skyline with some big horsepower and the plates ALLSET:
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/allset1.jpg
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/allset2.jpg

There are a bazillion more pics i have but i dont want to bore anyone.
                                                          BTW, all those components are polished aluminium NOT chrome plated.

Just one more
                                                          http://www.urbanthredz.com/other/smlgod1.jpg
                                                          My baby. 1974 Mazda RX3 sedan. As mentioned, most of the stuff on her is custom. Its a road registerable racecar that might bring me a trophy or two for show. She has progressed a bit more than those pics, its getting a pretty serious suspension setup jammed under her now and were moving the motor back a bit.
                                                          I dont want to show my everyday car, it needs some 17s real bad!!

Anyways, hope i havent bored anyone, seems we have a few people in here that know their car stuff, niiiice!! I feel right at home now!!

Mark
                                                          PS: Alexis, you mentioned your fiance is into SQ. A very good friend of mine is the current CAA SQ street class champion, scarrily enough there may be a crazy connection here!! Heheheee

Comment

Oh yeah, in NSW you cant have any part of your car lower than 100mm (4") apart from wheels obviously....
                                                            Wheels must retain rolling diameter within a specified amount from standard (not much room to play at all)....
                                                            Exhaust level must be within 92db at 1m (3ft) from your exhaust tip at a 45degree angle....
                                                            Most decent engine upgrades need an engineers certificate....
                                                            No rollcages past the B pillar (half cages only) and renders any car a 2 seater....
                                                            Man we got some crappy rules... And yes they do get exercised often!!

And ALEXIS, if you do want to run flared guards for wider tyres, they will probably try and nab you for exceeding the factory track of the car without and engineers certificate!! (to the non-aussies, if we modify our cars well beyond factory specs we need an automotive engineer check and sign the car off to make sure its roadworthy)

Mark :P

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X