Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This amazing community...

Hi all...

Unless something has gone wrong with my mileage, this is post 2000 for me. And yes, I am egotistic/fond of attention/have problems handling free time, so I would like to mitigate this by expressing my appreciation. (What the hell--Isaac Asimov wrote books called Opus 500 and Opus 1000 which were nothing but excerpts and autobiography. And he padded the total.)

The denizens of the AW boards, regulars and newbies alike, are as remarkable a collection of human beings as I have found elsewhere. I have laughed, cried, gotten angry, been confused, bemused, enlightened and entertained here. Abby and the team deserve a big Artloverhug for facilitating such a fascinating community, in addition to assembling the loveliest collection of lovelies anywhere. And the models who post add that extra special something, those glimpses of their charming personalities that other sites may imitate but not match.

I am going to mention a four-letter word that is often derided--more to society's pity. Some of the cynics here will cringe, so I am adding a

Spoiler warning for blatant sentimentality

There is a lot of love in our community. Not simply erotic feelings and appreciations, but friendship and comaraderie. We tease each other, commiserate with each other, joke with each other, challenge each other, rub each other the wrong way, get overly touchy on some subjects ( I represent that remark ), and in general act like real, living, breathing human beings, capable of silliness and sublimity. All of these things and more are manifestations of love.

I am having a great time here. For some reason you folks generally put up with my nonsense, for which I am grateful. You have even let me post pictures of my cat. Long may abbywinters.com, in whatever form it takes, entertain and gather kindred spirits.

live long and prosper,
    Artie

Originally posted by artlover
    Hi all...

Unless something has gone wrong with my mileage, this is post 2000 for me.
    Congrats on #2000.

And we love you too, big guy

Comment

I feel the same way

Congrats Artlover on reaching that magic mark.

The sentiments that you express are ones that I have felt too. It has been tough to limit my participation to an occassional peek (1 or 2 times a day compared to the previous 10 or 20).

I have enjoyed the spirit of the boards, and that is a reflection of the quality of the people participating. I'll be around less and less over the next 6 - 8 weeks, but hope to be back after that.

Comment

I wish my English was better so I could elaborate more on this subject, and maybe add some more, but Artlover, you're quite right about this whole thing. We come to these boards, expressing ourselves, witch we do, but also looking for companionship, witch we find. Congratulations on your 2000 posts, and I'm sure we'll be reading more of you.

Comment

Congratulations Artlover.
          Did you catch the the cat in Zoe P. pictures today? Thought of you when I saw the cat.

c

Comment

...gotten angry...
            Oh yes, I remember a PM not long time ago.

Congratulations my friend.

Lxm

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself, Artlover.

Congrats on 2K.

However, I'm a cynical SOB and I'm just Know that you're really just trying to overtake my message count.

Good luck to you on ALL counts.

Arsby

Comment

Artlover Congrats on the milestone post! I agree AW.com does have a remarkable discussion forum.

Comment

live long and prosper,
                  Artie
                  I'm confused! Was it Art that posted this, or his famous lover - the one who likes looking at naked chicks in between chatting on the boards?

I already said congrats on the wrong thread, but congrats again! I've only been around for 10 weeks or so, but I feel like I've known you for ever - you and the illustrious 7 who posted above me here.

Comment

Hi Artlover, Congratulations from me too. I always enjoy reading your posts, you sure are one heck of a fun person to be with
                    You seem to have quite a capacity too - 8.5 posts a day over that long a period - all beside adoring gorgeous girls and all beside organising everything else in everyday life. How you do that?
                    Like Casgrain I many times wish my english was better and I was a bit easier on editing and answering posts.
                    So, big cheers and prosit if you happen to have a glass of beer (or whatever ) around. Looking forward for the next milestone .............

Yealith
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ah, but have you checked in for your 2000 post service. You'll invalidate your warranty if you don't.

Comment

Congratulations. You are now officially obsessed.

Comment

Geez, and I thought 20 was a milestone. Congrats, art. I look forward to enjoying many more posts from you, and I'll try to continue feeding the straight lines for you to reply to (But of course, I'm usually not conscious of being the straight man -- you're just that clever )

I couldn't agree with you more about this site and the e-people I have e-met here. It's quite the place to be. Lately, I find myself checking the discourse updates box first before checking on the model updates. But the models are only updated once or twice a day ...

Comment

Congratulations. You are now officially obsessed.
                            You're just noticing?

Thanks for all your lovely comments and the clever cartoon. The liquid is fittingly brown, since my favorite beverage is Diet Dr. Pepper. (Time out while several people go warrrgh! Always happens.)

The 8.5 posts per day are due to: 1) I write fast (and type horribly), 2) I save up all the lewd comments I can't make in polite society, and 3) I am procrastinating my school work something major.

Chassafton, thanks for the heads-up on Zoe's cat. I wondered why she took that sudden dive for the corner. Not that I minded--gave me another look at the delectable ass of hers.

My secret (oops) goal is to pass the Scented One's total. Bwahahaha...

Comment

Congratulations Art,

You posts and those of others have made my time here enjoyable. It is an unusual by product of looking at pictures of Beautiful Young Women that I am entertained by a dirty old man and his amusing posts

Chassafton, thanks for the heads-up on Zoe's cat. I wondered why she took that sudden dive for the corner. Not that I minded--gave me another look at the delectable ass of hers.
                              I have not looked at the photo's of Zoe yet but I sure hope that your statement about the "delectable ass" above relates to Zoe and not to her cat. Must reread your comment so i can clarify your statement.

Looking forward to your next 2000 posts

oncall

Comment

Yes, oncall, I was speaking of Zoe's rear end and not her kitty's... though I am sure to other cats Zoe's cat's heinie has its charms. As Dave Barry would say, Zoes' cat's heinie is a great name for a rock band.

But.... I am NOT a "dirty old man".

I am a dirty middle-aged man. Big difference. Beautiful Young Women bring out the best in me. Even better, more are appearing every day. Let's hear it for DNA, mother's milk, and talented women with cameras!

Advance, Australians fair...
                                Last edited by artlover; 12 September 2005, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Wow! 2000 posts! That's amazing! Congratulations, Artlover!

Mwah mwah mwah mwah!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your all posts --did you paint your house blue

Comment

Now my day is truly made--4 mwahs from Evangeline . The place is still half painted. Slack landlords.

Comment

Let me see I can reach 2000 post. I just got under three months to do it. (Gerza71 I don't think you going to make it mate. You're dreaming.)

From
                                        GCG71

Comment

I save up all the lewd comments I can't make in polite society
                                          I thought this was polite society (you should see where I've just been )

To Artlover,
                                          The muvver
                                          Of all posters:

Without solicitation,
                                          I send felicitation.
                                          2000 posts!
                                          Such precocity
                                          Without pomposity:
                                          (And not much verbosity)

Cheers!

Comment

A po' poetical response...

My man Philos
                                            (Without whom I'd bilost)
                                            Man of many posts
                                            Friend I gladly toast.

Fine product of Birmingham,
                                            shows elegant lingam
                                            to loverly Mrs. Roops,
                                            and rallies AW troops.

Long may it* and you** wave!
                                            Please accept this rave
                                            From letchy Artlover
                                            To a guy like no uvver...

Hips hips hooray!

* I sacrificed some clarity for the sake of dubious meter. "It" = "lingam"
                                            ** Ditto. "You" = "Philos"
                                            Last edited by artlover; 13 September 2005, 12:42 AM. Reason: making it better

Comment

Artlover,
                                              Congratulations on you're 2000th post!!!(Sorry I haven't posted before but I've been a stranger on the boards the last couple of days.) To echo what you said, it's hard to believe you can have "memories" in this virtual world but alas, you can. I"ve enjoyed every one of you're posts and looking forward to 2000 more!!!

Alleyes

Comment

Time to try a Rosanna...

And we love you too, big guy
                                                Awww, thanks

I'll be around less and less over the next 6 - 8 weeks, but hope to be back after that.
                                                You better, Spud. V. Dude can't keep us all in line by his lonesome!

I'm sure we'll be reading more of you.
                                                Thanks Casgrain. I hope the same keeps applying to you.

Oh yes, I remember a PM not long time ago.
                                                Lux, I am glad you remember, but it's PM 12 hours out of the day...

Good luck to you on ALL counts.
                                                I can always count on Arsby.

I agree AW.com does have a remarkable discussion forum.
                                                I am renaming myself Artazoid in your honor.

the one who likes looking at naked chicks in between chatting on the boards?
                                                True for both of us.

You'll invalidate your warranty if you don't.
                                                My warranty got voided a looooooooooong time ago, hehehe

you're just that clever )
                                                Okay, I confess--I am really a team of writers, kept in a dungeon and forced to be funny.

Looking forward to your next 2000 posts
                                                Oh, the pressure. Must... be... calm... get... to... Galileo... Seven...

I"ve enjoyed every one of you're posts and looking forward to 2000 more!!!
                                                Why am I reminded of that bathroom product, 2000 Flushes...

Whew. How does Rosanna do it week after week...

oh well, cheers, yawl...

Comment

watch it abby artlover catching up to you. But you have not worries from me though.

From
                                                  GCG71

Comment

Time to try a Rosanna...

Hi Artlover,

I am amazed you are trying to match Rosanna....How do you ever think you will get to another 2000 posts if you start answering 11 posts in one go. That surely will really extend the timeframe.

So I worked out for you the following

Since post 2000 you have posted 24 times in 1.5 days. Therefor
                                                    24 posts in 1.5 days = 18 per day.
                                                    2000 posts divided by 18 = 111 days.
                                                    13 September plus 111 days = 2 January 2006.

So if you keep to your current schedule you and have a big day New Years Eve you can get there on New Years Day........

oncall
                                                    Last edited by oncall; 13 September 2005, 10:51 AM. Reason: Moved big grin smilies to make it look better.......

Comment

Is anyone else thinking there should be some sort of reward for 2000 posts, like a cameo in a shoot or something

It would be an incentive for all those silent members who read the discussions but never say a word, not to mention make those who already post all the more prolific.

Comment

Hi, Liandra.

A real reward (cameo in a shoot!) could also be an incentive to post for the sake of posting, without regard to content.

Artlover's post are almost (almost!) uniformly clever, interesting, and on topic; that's what makes his double-millenium celebration so special.

"Hi, this is my 389th post because I really want to do a cameo with Liandra."
                                                        "Hi, this is my 390th post because I really want to do a cameo with Liandra."
                                                        "Hi, this is my 391st post because I really want to do a cameo with Liandra."

P.S. The real incentive to post is to get a response from a brilliant, delightful, beautiful model.

Comment

Originally posted by liandra
                                                          Is anyone else thinking there should be some sort of reward for 2000 posts, like a cameo in a shoot or something
                                                          How would you reward a poster from outside Australia? This will require a bit of lateral thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Philos
                                                            How would you reward a poster from outside Australia? This will require a bit of lateral thinking!
                                                            2,000 Quatloos for the long standing veteran!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X