Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia

Well it's getting on to 2 am. I'm suffering insomnia and a general aversion to rest of all kinds. I've got about 3/4 of a way down a bottle of Savignon Blanc and I'm munching on some strawberries. I don't want to go to sleep but I'm in that perculiar melancholic hour of the night where I don't want to be awake and alone either. But I am here, the watch dog at the door of my slumbering child, tap tap tapping away on my keypad, wondering if I shoud even be writing this. I've got Bic Runga on a loop. i think I'll write out the lyrics just for something to pass the time.

I know it's late now I know I ought to go
    drive in you're car now but please don't drop me home
    My heads so heavy could this be all a dream
    promise me maybes and say things you don't mean

rain fall from concrete coloured skies
    no boy don't speak now you just drive, drive
    drive, take me through make me feel alive, alive
    when I ride with you

Keep my heart turning on axels around you
    keep our love burning just like it used to do
    now just for once they could play our favorite tune
    lets not discuss all these things we can't undo

let rain fall from concrete coloured skies
    no boy don't speak now you just drive, drive
    try speed me through make me feel alive, alive
    when I ride with you

rain fall from concrete coloured skies
    no boy don't speak now you just drive

Hi Liandra,

I'm sorry for your insomnia. I understand exactly what you feel, I suffer from the same thing (insomnia, not the aversion to rest). It's a horrible thing to be in the bed and not getting to sleep.

Advantage of insomnia: I'm pretty often on the boards and normally for a long time in the evening.
    Disadvantage: Four hours of sleep isn't enough for me, so in the morning I'm pretty "crashed".

Drinking some good wine is a fine thing, but I've been told that white wine prevents from sleeping (I personally never had a problem with this, though). Perhaps you should try with a red one.

If I'd be awake this night, I will think at you.

Lxm

BTW: That's a fine text!

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
      Hi Liandra,

I'm sorry for your insomnia. I understand exactly what you feel, I suffer from the same thing (insomnia, not the aversion to rest). It's a horrible thing to be in the bed and not getting to sleep.

Advantage of insomnia: I'm pretty often on the boards and normally for a long time in the evening.
      Disadvantage: Four hours of sleep isn't enough for me, so in the morning I'm pretty "crashed".

Drinking some good wine is a fine thing, but I've been told that white wine prevents from sleeping (I personally never had a problem woth this, though). Perhaps you should try with a red one.

If I'd be awake this night, I will think at you.

Lxm

BTW: That's a fine text!
      Hey Lxm,

Thanks for the tip on white wine. Perhaps it was the cause of my conscious somnabulism.

Comment

I love the night, so I welcome insomnia. I have time to listen to music, read, whatever I want to do. There are no ringing telephones, no knocks on the door, nothing but night sounds and music.

Comment

Disadvantage: Four hours of sleep isn't enough for me, so in the morning I'm pretty "crashed"......
          Maybe it's just me but I live on 4 hours sleep, most of the time (weekends I get 61/2).

Maybe it's the job.......

Dawg

Comment

To be fit I need about 8 hours of sleep.

Everybody is different.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by dustysky
              I love the night, so I welcome insomnia. I have time to listen to music, read, whatever I want to do. There are no ringing telephones, no knocks on the door, nothing but night sounds and music.
              Try getting a third shift job. Might I suggest driving, so that most of your work time is spent on the road, away from people and noise. The only time you can see scenery is during a full moon, but on a very clear night, it can be beautiful. And if you pull over somewhere for a few minutes, somewhere far away from The City, and shut off the engine, you can look up at the night ski and enjoy a glorious, solitary treat.

Small, simple pleasures are often the best.

Comment

Originally posted by liandra
                Well it's getting on to 2 am. I'm suffering insomnia and a general aversion to rest of all kinds ... i think I'll write out the lyrics just for something to pass the time.
                I do some of my best thinking when my mind is racing due to lack of sleep. I also tend to post more, and I 'm starting to wonder if it isn't the posting that's keeping me awake ...?

Maybe I shouldn't say "best" thinking, just more thoughts going on and getting out. One time, I decided I had to sit down at the computer and write out a scene I had been working out in my head forever. It was amazing; after two hours I had what i thought was a really nice scene.

Two days later, after I had finally gotten a full night's sleep, (or day's in my case since I work nights) I re-read the scene and started re-writing it, and it didn't seem quite as good as I had thought ...

Nice lyrics, Liandra. Feel free to come back again next time your afflicted and post some more.

Comment

Well it's been nearly 20 years since I had to get up and go to the barn every day,but my internal clock will not allow me to sleep passed 5 am -doesn't matter what time I lie down 5 am comes and I'm ready to milk the cows and such --hard habit to change?

Comment

Yes, that's another advantage to working third shift: I rarely have to set my alarm when I go to bed in the wee hours of the morn'

When those days come and I do have to get up early for something, I'll lie in bed trying to sleep and just think about how many hours I have until the damn thing goes off

Comment

Love third shift few management, and ....

Comment

Originally posted by matchless
                        Try getting a third shift job. Might I suggest driving, so that most of your work time is spent on the road, away from people and noise. The only time you can see scenery is during a full moon, but on a very clear night, it can be beautiful. And if you pull over somewhere for a few minutes, somewhere far away from The City, and shut off the engine, you can look up at the night ski and enjoy a glorious, solitary treat.

Small, simple pleasures are often the best.
                        Sounds JUST like my job! To think they PAY me for it too!!

PS: Actually it's second shift, but with the days getting shorter up here, it's almost the same thing

Comment

I get occasional bouts of insomnia as well and I know how incredibly terrible it can be...maybe at first its good for your creativity but by the fourth or fifth night it really started getting old! A friend of mine has the same thing because of some weird meds she's on that muck around with her metabolic cycle, and in the end she joined a 24 hour gym and went and sweated out her frustrations. She says that after a two hour workout she's pretty much on the verge of collapse anyway, so it helps. Maybe that's an (extreme) idea!

I hope you feel better soon xox

Comment

Alert: Rambling Ahead!

Well, I got da can't-sleep also. I think it might be one of my alllergy meds that I am taking temporarily. So what do I do? Read, watch TV, or today, look at Abbywinters.com. It's 4:53 am E STandard Time, and I will stay up about an hour then go back to sleep. Odd, but I will wake up refreshed. Before that, I had been taking a midafternoon nap, which is one of my guilty pleasures. Someone mentioned they did their best thinking lying in bed. Me, I get obsessive, which is not a good place for me. Si I get up, grudgingly, because it's about 32 F outside and my little apartment is cold. (The place next door is empty, which makes for quiet, which I love, but also means I have no neighborly heat to borrow.)

Gracie, you are really really pretty and seem like a very nice young girl. IF you met me, you would not have to work hard to charm me. Like matchless, I am unattached (or is it unencumbered). I had a relationship that went sour, and at the moment I am not looking. One day I will be, but not now. Life is puzzling indeed--how/why can a woman as sweet as my ex be wrong for me? It all came down to me wanting things from her that she could not give me, and vice versa. It hurts to remember her, and that pain will fade the longer I am without her. I have come to believe that the things I want most in life can sometimes be given to me by friends, family, my higher power, and myself.

This is turning into quite the ramble. Another oldtimer says not to write posts that are longer than one's sexual organs. I guess I have written enough now to indicate that I am adequate in that (rather silly) department. I mean, it's like tit size. I have seen/played with breasts of all sizes, and while I prefer them big, small is just fine too. Sexiness is between the ears.

Oops--turns out I have an ego after all. (Just checked the post length.) anyway, I am hopeful of another LTR; I still have a lot of love in me. Gracie, if you have a young heart you will always find more love to give. And this is an area where it is truly better to give than receive. A lot of those cliches are true.

I just realized a mistake. I forgot that Liandra started this thread. Hope you are doing okay, Ms. L. I liked the lyrics you posted. The trouble with reading threads from Oz is that I have never heard of any of the bands. Tho that is true of most US bands too. I am looking forward to your in-the-dark GG set, coming up soon.

Because of AW, I would love to visit Oz one day. You folks seem like a friendly, sexy, funny, smart bunch. Any nation that produces a guy as clever as Robert Hughes is fine in my book. Over here, they ran his Australia: Beyond the Fatal Shore miniseries. Any opnions on that, Liandra, Gracie, or whoever? Did he "get it right"?

WEll, off for a little more surfing before I go back to bed and wake up again two hours later. Crazy world, eh?
                            Last edited by artlover; 30 October 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Hi Liandra,

That, Luxman my friend, depends on who is occupying the bed with you

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                                Well, I got da can't-sleep also. I think it might be one of my alllergy meds that I am taking temporarily...

... This is turning into quite the ramble. Another oldtimer says not to write posts that are longer than one's sexual organs. I guess I have written enough now to indicate that I am adequate in that (rather silly) department. I mean, it's like tit size. I have seen/played with breasts of all sizes, and while I prefer them big, small is just fine too. Sexiness is between the ears.
                                Hey art ... my allergy medication helps put me to sleep. At least it did yesterday ...

As the the line about the length of posts, I must wonder what it says about my own habits. I tend to write very long posts ... ... trust me, if anything, I'm overcompensating ... ... and maybe that's why I prefer small women who care about what's inside and have a lot more going for them than what's on the outside.

You know, post #300 is coming up soon for me. I've been thinking of starting an member to member advice thread (or reviving one that already exists if one exists) The rest of your rambling post, and many of my own, make me think that members and models might be able to offer lots of advice to other members or models. Sort of a Dear Abby but with tongue firmly planted in cheek or ...? Or at least give people a place to go to get things off their chests ... Hmmm -- members, chests ... time to shut up now and get ready for work. Someone's going to have a field day with this post

Comment

Matchless, it's been a day and nobody's had a field day yet!

Though I must say, an advice thread is an amusing idea, and could even come in handy.

Comment

... only three more posts to go ... and I may start another thread, too. Thinking about it at least.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                                      The trouble with reading threads from Oz is that I have never heard of any of the bands.
                                      That's what I like about forums and sometimes the profiles on ISM, If you look them out you can hear all sorts of music you would never of heard otherwise. Heard a bit of drive (below). It's really nice.

Last edited by blissed; 5 November 2005, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkboy
                                        ... an advice thread is an amusing idea, and could even come in handy.
                                        Done, dorkboy. Here it is for what it's worth. Started out slowly, but then Gracie posted and things really took off. Gotta love that Gracie ...

Full moon last night and it looks like another bout of Insomnia is kicking in. Rats! At least I finally put together my new dining table. Now all I need are dinner guests

Comment

Originally posted by matchless
                                          Now all I need are dinner guests
                                          Is this an invitation?

Lxm

Comment

Sure ... but I don't think my cooking is worth a flight from Europe.

Actually, it was more like a pathetic lament ... self pity at it's worst, most shameless ... the smilie just hides the pain I feel inside ... ...

and there goes that damn lack of sleep short circuiting my inhibitors ... ... food would be good now. And maybe a walk around the neighbourhood to refresh the spirit. And to buy food ...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                            Working...
                                            X