firefox,personnal info and debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox,personnal info and debut

i tried firefox but it seem slow. i thought it was faster. i have DSL and idealy i have a down load speed of 1.4 M. I know i won't get that but i'm ownly getting 130 to 170 kb/sec. do i have a problem are is that the best i can get. i want to try firefox again is there any thing i need to know.
    is there a form to fill out for discussion board for some personal info like age where your from ?
    i looked it sight map but i couldn't find debut link

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Originally posted by donnyv
    i have DSL and idealy i have a down load speed of 1.4 M. I know i won't get that but i'm ownly getting 130 to 170 kb/sec.
    I suppose your download speed is 1.4 Mbit/second.
    Because 8 bit = 1 byte, 1.4 Mbit/s = 180 Kbyte/s theoretical download speed.
    So, 130 - 170 KB/s is what you may expect.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by donnyv
      is there a form to fill out for discussion board for some personal info like age where your from ?
      You have already put some of this info in your public profile. Anyone who clicks your name (to the left of your post, above) can read it. I don't know whether you can edit it, but someone will know (are you there, O wise one?) If you want to say more about yourself (and many do), there's a thread for it. Click this link to go there.
      Last edited by Philos; 11 October 2005, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah well I have a few adsl accounts in different parts melbourne and they are both 1.5Mbits/sec.
        On both the best d/l speeds i get with Abby's movies are about 80kbytes a sec. I have addressed this before but all I got was that others seem to get faster etc.
        I am thinking they don't understand my question, but hey i am not too worried about it.
        Last edited by stoneyyy; 12 October 2005, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneyyy
          Yeah well I have a few adsl accounts in different parts melbourne and they are both 1.5Mbits/sec.
          On both the best d/l speeds i get with Abby's movies are about 80kbytes a sec. I have addressed this before but all I got was that others seem to get faster etc. I am thinking they don't understand my question, but hey i am not too worried about it.
          Um. I understand your question, and have addressed it (several times, I think?). Your problem is not related to our site directly, but to the way your ISP peers with backbone providers.

As you know, we're based in melbourne, and I get around 250kbytes/second from my home PC (telstra cable), Willow gets 160kbytes/sec on Netspace, VidDude gets similar on his iinet account.

There is nothing we can do about your ISP, and frankly, 80k is better than most people seem to get.

a

Comment

Yes Abby you have repied before and as I said I am not too worried about it.
            Although both isp's I use have a telstra backbone, I am gonna try another one soon

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X