DL Manager not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DL Manager not working

I have been using flashget for a long time. I have the current version and have been using this version for the last 8 months or so. It has always work flawlessly with AW. Since this weekend it doesn't. Everything it tries to download (.zip or .mpg) winds up as a 1k "main.php" file. Did something change in your download wrappers that is messing this up??

Regards,
    Phideaux

Are you sure you're logged on correctly? It seems you lost your cookies.
    Use Internet Explorer, log on (or log out and re-log on) and check the remember me box.

Lxm

Comment

If your main site account was recently renewed, then you may have old cookies cluttering up your cache which is confusing your Download Manager. Follow Luxman's insightful advice, clear your cache and re-login.

Comment

I've been getting the same thing for a while now and have given up on flashgot. It only works intermittently for me. I hope the solution is found because I loved it before it started glitching on me.

Timbit

Comment

Add me to the list of those having problems with DL manager, especially Flashgot, on the site. I'm having the same problem that others have documented here. I have tried everything, including clearing caches and deleting and resetting all cookies and all login information, all to no avail. I have tried different versions of FlashGot and different versions of FreeDownloadManager, and I have tried every combination of configuration that I could come up with. The first file or two queued up download normally, but anything else in the queue reverts to "main.php." This has been very frustrating, and I also have given up on both FlashGot and FDM with the site.

I have suspected the problem is related to the new Firefox, because the problem appeared when I up'ed to 1.5 beta. The problem did not clear up when the released 1.5 came out, and changing the version now does not help, so I haven't yet found the trick. I have not, however, encountered the same problem on any other site, so I think that the site also is somehow "at fault."

However, having given up on Flashgot and FDM, I found a new tool, a DLM that actually operates as a Firefox extension, "DownloadThenAll!" - Highly recommended [but only helps Firefox users]. And, it seems to get faster total speeds, downloading more threads at a time with about a 30% overall speed increase. The interface is also simpler and nicer, and it reports download progress better.

Jo

Comment

I am logged on with remember me. I logged out. I emptied the cache and deleted all cookies for AW. I logged back in with "remember" me and that worked. I checked the cookies fo AW and they all were replaced. This is in Firefox, btw. I wouldn't touch internet exploder with any size pole, I don't like viruses and spyware on my machine.
            Anyway I copied the link to one of the .zip files, closed the browser completely down and went to Flashget, did a new download and gave it the URL in question. I also told it to login and gave it the uid/pw It did login but then got flipped to the main.php stuff, so its not a browser issue, per se, its how your wrappers on the media.abbywinters.com site are working. As I said this has worked flawlessly with or without the browser for nigh on a year till last weekend now it doesn't. I will be gald to do whatever I can to help debug this but I think something changed on your media server that has broken this.
            Phideaux

Comment

Phideaux,

Even if you dont like IE, you should try to use it to log out and on again with clearing cache & cookies.
              Some download managers (Flashget too?) use the IE cookies to get their job done.
              They are not able to use cookies from other browsers.

Lxm

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X