trouble dpwnloading videos to WMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble dpwnloading videos to WMV

Hey everyone, I'm having a nightmare in attempting to resolve what may be a simple solution.. When it offers two methods of downloadin such as MPG and WMV, I have prior to today found it so easy to watch your videos thru the WMV rather than the MPG. nOW FOR NO APPARENT REASON i CAN DETERMINE, If I choose WMV, it forces me to download with MPG rather than the more easier WMV. Please help me, as I prefer the WMV method, it's quicker and far more convient. I hope I am not fucking your minds up, I l know mine is. hoping to hear from you soon.. Edward43

Perhaps you could give us an example of video that you don't get in WMV and tell us what exactly you do.

Lxm

Comment

I don't think I understand. The choices are your own, and not determined by anything other than which link you choose to download from. The only way it will swap is if you're choosing the incorrect link.

Comment

still having problems.....

Originally posted by Luxman
        Perhaps you could give us an example of video that you don't get in WMV and tell us what exactly you do.

Lxm

For example, the new Lottie IM, it offers two options. (one to download thru MPG and the other thru WMV, with Mpg, I have to save target and wait thru the dialog boxes for it to complete the download, if I use the WMV, it would go directly to the video without seeing the download and dialog boxes. am I still confusing you ?

Comment

Please do not stream. The fact that the WMVs have the ability to stream should be avoided. Time and time again we get nothing but problems when people attempt to stream them, and then they get all frustrated and lost and we have to bail them out. Even though we tell them not to do it in the first place.

If thoings are not working as you think they should, follow the instructions. The way the MPGs download for you is the correct way. It allows you to keep the file and use your computer to play it back, rather than relying on our servers and your internet connection to maintain a steady stream, which is highly unreliable even if we had a special streaming server, which we do not.

Comment

Originally posted by edward43
            ...if I use the WMV, it would go directly to the video without seeing the download and dialog boxes.
            You should do a right-click and select in the contextual pop-up menu the save as command.
            This leads you to the dialog box where you can select where to save the file.

Lxm

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X