Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site updates

Hi Abby,

I seem to remember, back in the deep mists of time (February actually), you mentioned that the site was 'moving towards adding two new models a week', as opposed to the current one model split over Wednesdays & Fridays. Are you any nearer being able to do this Abby? I'm guessing it'd involve more time (& probably more money as well!), but you seem to have quite a nice backlog of new models waiting to be uploaded to the site at the moment, nine at the last count. At the current rate you'll still have some of these models waiting to be added in over two months time.

(This isn't a moan by the way Abby, just a general question!)

Time is not the problem, money is. Adding two new models a week would effectively double my running costs, and that's not somehting I can do when I am barely making ends meet as it is. Perhaps not a good thing to admit on a public forum, but that's the truth of it.

Updating the site with two new models a week is ABSOLUTELY my number one priority, but I cannot do it at the moment, unless I up the monthly fee to $25 a month. That might work for a month, but after that, ppl would feel that there is less reason for them to stick around. So what I will probably do is wait until I can afford it, and keep the price the same.

That means that you guys are paying more than people in a year will be paying... but you get to participate in a way that people in the future may not be able to do so much.

And, you can be happy in the knowledge that you helped keep the site running. So, tell your friends. Let me know if you see my pics being posted to newsgroups, or on other websites. And if you have any ideas on how to get more customers, let me know!

abby

Comment

Is there any way we (the users) can help you out?

(And no votes for "Can I take the pictures please"!!!) img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Comment

Hi,
        Two new models a week..... gosh.. i can hardly keep up with all the new stuff you are putting up now.. not with my slow old modem.... which begs the question; how many or your members use the new fast connections that download the whole site in two minutes img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif ... please dont put up the monthly rates img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/sad.gif .. with the exchange rates the way they are it would kill me ..i would have to cancel my membership... i haven seen all the your great pics yet ....

Comment

Tell me, Kumaraguy - are you in New Zealand? Your username suggests to me that you are.

If so, where are you from? I'm from Dunedin.

Comment

And every one else is saying " what the hell is a kumaraguy " lol
            I am from 'Kumara Country' img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif .. Northland...

Comment

What the hell is a kumaraguy? img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/proud.gif

Comment

The only way you guys can help out is to (a) stay members yourselves (thanks!), and (b) find me more members! That's the hard part - finding more members.

Banners are the stock in trade for websites such as mine, but they are generally expensive, and don't work so well, really (too much competition, and my biggest selling points, picture quality, models, and service, are hard to communicate in a tiny banner).

K, you asked what other ppl are connecting at; I plan to do a survey on that in a few weeks, but another site, run by a guy with whom I am a close friend, did that, and it turned out around 50% of people were on some kinda broadband link (Cable, *DSL, Satellite, etc). I imagine my customer base would be the same.

Rest assuredm that I am not going to put up the montly rate... but you are going to have to wait for a little longer for two new models a week.

abby

Comment

Well obviously the most important thing here is that you don't over-stretch yourself financially Abby, so you might as well keep things the way they are right now for the foreseeable future, ie. just letting the site grow naturally. You seem to be doing a pretty great job of this already!

The subject of how to promote the site is an awkward one. I only came across it back in January because you were mentioned briefly at JanesGuide, otherwise I'm sure I still wouldn't know about it even now, scary thought. Personally speaking I think you could make more use of the newsgroups. I'm a member of GUBA, but when I ran a search on the term 'AbbyWinters' last week I think I only came across something like four postings, all in an obscure group (alt.binaries.barefoot?). Many of the big sites like ATK are putting up quite a few postings every week now, & they seem to be doing alright.

Comment

What the heck is a guba?

abby

Comment

GUBA is like Deja News, it's a pay site that collates newsgroup text and images for people to review. Cuts the annoying spam, keeps the spam with nudey chicks in it.

Isn't there another site that does that too? I forget its name.

Comment

You'll find that you wont find any of Abby's pictures in the NG's with anything in the text resembling "abby" or "winters" - Normally they are posted by the models name...

Point of fact - They are being posted (I'd like to state right now, that it is NOT me!) and probably will keep being posted... The only thing I can say in defence of the a*~ehole that's doing it - It made me join - Although, I'm probably a rare breed!

Keep the site just the way it is - It's excellent! I wish I had known about it earlier - But at least I know now! img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Comment

GUBA stands for 'Giant Usenet Binaries Archive', it's pretty cool, & not too expensive either. There are one or two others like it, but I forget their names. I think Abby herself lists one of them as being recommended on her 'other', pre-AbbyWinters.com site.

Comment

Ok guys,
                            Not funny now img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/sad.gif ...where's our next fix... hanging out here .....

Comment

Hi Guys

VidMan is MIA, so I am going to try to do the update myself. It's prolly not going to be pretty, but at least it'll be there. Sorry for this. I expect VM will turn up soony.

a

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                              Working...
                              X