Classic Models Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Models Link

Not sure who maintains the archive link on the members page, but I have a request if I may.
    Is it possible to cycle through the updates more often? I enjoy the staff selection and I realize I could just go to the model list myself, but it is interesting to see who comes up next! Not looking for a daily update, but something a tad bit more refreshed. It is an excellent opportunity for the newbies to look at the evolution as well. If the workload in maintaining the homepage is enough, that is fine. Just a question!

Cheer's and Happy New Year all,

Random Thoughts...

It's one of those things that I wish I remembered to do more often. At the moment I'm changing it at around once every 10 days or so, which isn't too bad as originally it was meant as weekly. Currently I'm not at work, it's my Xmas break, so I won't be changing it again until the new year.

Comment

You've earned a break, Vid Dude. And yet you still seem to be posting regularly so I wonder how much of a break it really is?

Comment

Yea Vid Dude, I was told by my IT boss shortly after I graduated from the uni (long time ago) some wise words that are hard to follow:
        "Leave work at work, and home at home". If only all IT managers had that viewpoint.

Alleyes

Comment

Sorry mods, I know this thread is old, I was gunna start a new thread but this was exactly the title and topic I was going to talk about... anyways, what ever happened to this feature? I've noticed on the front news page that the classic model has been the same for about the last 5-6 months (Bess)... I actually thought this was a fairly good idea, a way of maybe getting newer members (or even older ones) to look at come classic content they might not otherwise have looked at.... hmm, just curious...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Selection and changing of the Classic Model box was one of Vid Dude's many many duties. Seems not all of those duties have been re-assigned to other staff Was thinking about sending some feedback on it (as it makes the memberpage look slightly dated/stale) but am thinking of who to suggest first.

Comment

It might be fun to have a vote on whom to include and put together a list from there for the next year. Then just follow the list and make the change (or have the page pick out the next item on the list) or maybe even just do one randomly from models over 3 years ago.

Comment

... Or maybe there is way AWHQ web developers could automate the classic model. For example, the girls sets from 3 years ago or more that get the most views

Comment

It needs to be more dynamic. A selection of models that changes live (via AJAX or Flash or something). Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                    It needs to be more dynamic. A selection of models that changes live (via AJAX or Flash or something). Maybe.
                    Why? The page itself already IS dynamic, you don't need flashy stuff to rotate a picture on it. First of all you need to make a list of models with text/capture you want to display. All the other techy stuff is easy in comparision AJAX is a very flash term for a wait/change-image-url routine I suppose??

Btw. bookmanz, the idea is to display girls who did NOT get the most views It's to draw attention to models newer members might never see because they never catch up on the archived shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                      Why? The page itself already IS dynamic, you don't need flashy stuff to rotate a picture on it. First of all you need to make a list of models with text/capture you want to display. All the other techy stuff is easy in comparision AJAX is a very flash term for a wait/change-image-url routine I suppose??
                      That's sort of what I meant, but it would be good to have a selection of 50 models it could randomly cycle through, rather than having to rely on someone updating one at a time irregularly.

AJAX has the ability for part of a page to update without the whole page needing to reload. Such as when you post a new message to a thread using the quick-reply box.

Comment

Ah yes, you could select those say 50 models once a year (with texts) and be done with it. Easier to organize.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the good discussion on this guys... I really like your idea Vid Dude! That would be much easier for whom ever to set up and leave for 6 months, a year or whatever... perhaps you have one job left in you Vid Dude? Agree with frans though, reckon the classic models should those with less views...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Finally Bess has been allowed to take a break and Casey is the new Classic front page girl. Good choice, whoever made this decision. There's so much left to discover in the back catalogue.........

doinel

Comment

Originally posted by doinel View Post
                              Finally Bess has been allowed to take a break and Casey is the new Classic front page girl. Good choice, whoever made this decision. There's so much left to discover in the back catalogue.........
                              Yep. Tried to catch up once, but then I got waaaay behind on current stuff. Since I want to talk on the forum about the current shoots (i.e. when models from those shoots are still around).. well that didn't work out. It's very hard work catching up I'm thankfull for the list-system in that it sometimes directs me to an older shoot I like.

Aaaanyway, at first I read 'casey' as 'cassy' and was wondering if the standard for 'classic' had been changed somewhat

Comment

You should ask us old-timers.

Here are my favorites from 2000/2001:
                                Danny, Amy, Ally, Joy, Angel, Megan. Those def should be in your rotating 50.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                                  You should ask us old-timers.

Here are my favorites from 2000/2001:
                                  Danny, Amy, Ally, Joy, Angel, Megan. Those def should be in your rotating 50.
                                  You left out Jill!!!!!!!!!

I loved the outfit she wasn't wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud View Post
                                    You left out Jill!!!!!!!!!

I loved the outfit she wasn't wearing.
                                    It was nothing like the outfit Danny wasn't wearing.

I was soooooooo in love with Danny. By now she's probably married with a brood of little ankle biters nipping at her heels. I'll bet she's still beautiful. Those eyes!

Maybe Abby can bring together some of the "old" models and have a reunion, just like Playboy!

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                                      It was nothing like the outfit Danny wasn't wearing.

I was soooooooo in love with Danny. By now she's probably married with a brood of little ankle biters nipping at her heels. I'll bet she's still beautiful. Those eyes!

Maybe Abby can bring together some of the "old" models and have a reunion, just like Playboy!
                                      What a cool idea! How about it Abby? Do you think it might be possible??

Comment

Cool, I go bring up this point and then within a few days a new classic model shows up... talk about service!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
                                          Cool, I go bring up this point and then within a few days a new classic model shows up... talk about service!

Luv Melinda
                                          Will you be a "classic model" Melinda or are you always going to be around?

Of course, you could do both!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud View Post
                                            Will you be a "classic model" Melinda or are you always going to be around?

Of course, you could do both!
                                            Hmm, I dunno Spud.... I reckon I'll always be around, but then what is it that actually makes a classic model I wonder? Is it simply having been around a long time, or is it something more? I mean when you think of cars not all old cars are 'classics' now are they?

So curious to hear from you guys what makes a classic model? Or makes a model 'classic'?

Luv Melinda

Comment

So curious to hear from you guys what makes a classic model? Or makes a model 'classic'?
                                              If people still remember you and your shoots after not having done such work for a couple of years, well then you're truly a classic I'd define classic in how much people remember you.

That is however not entirely the way the 'Classic Model' thing on the frontpage is set up. That model is choosen to let new members see older shoots which might otherwise go unnoticed.

Comment

I think there's more to being a classic whatever than just how many people remember you, because sometimes you see/hear some person or product being referred to as having "classic" qualities even though they may only just have appeared.

My take on how the word is used in cases like this is that it is in fact being used in one of two senses: (1) a perfect example of a particular type of ~~~~; (2) a person or object that possess some strikingly individual quality or qualities for which he/she/it stands out "in a class of their own"

Certainly in sense (2) I'd say that Melinda is one of the AW models who definitely has classic qualities.

takochan

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                                                  I'd say that Melinda is one of the AW models who definitely has classic qualities.
                                                  takochan
                                                  Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Hmm, I dunno Spud.... I reckon I'll always be around, but then what is it that actually makes a classic model I wonder? Is it simply having been around a long time, or is it something more? I mean when you think of cars not all old cars are 'classics' now are they?

Luv Melinda
                                                    To me a "classic" is something that had strong appeal when it was new and still exerts that appeal as the years have gone by. You have stong appeal now and I suspect that will be true of your shoots in 5 years. (Classic having a much shorter time requirement on AW.) It would be really cool to have a "classic" model on the boards to comment about AW today vs AW of her time (how about it Susie?).

Shakespeare wrote over 400 years ago, but still has strong appeal (and truth) today.

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                                                      (2) a person or object that possess some strikingly individual quality or qualities for which he/she/it stands out "in a class of their own"
                                                      I really like this second definition you posted takochan, that sounds like a really good way of putting it... I also like what you said Spud about something exerting the same appeal as it did when it was first introduced... hopefully in light of these thoughts I can one day rise to classic model status... until then... up up and away! *flies away...*

And thanks takochan, bookmanz and Spud... I wasn't actually fishing for compliments (unlike certain others on here... hehe, just kidding Diablo) but I'll gladly accept them anyways, thanks guys!

Luv Melinda

P.S. Hi again frans! *waves again... just like the little guy in frans' smilie*

Comment

P.S. Hi again frans! *waves again... just like the little guy in frans' smilie*
                                                        Oh those smileys are just tiny pics (with transparant background), uploaded via the normal attachment/paperclip thing. You can just right-click on them to save them to your computer. You'll have to upload/attach them to a message each time you wanna use them but that's workable

Here, pick a smiley... any smiley (or all)

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy_smiley.gif
Views:	2
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	619411 Click image for larger version

Name:	wave.gif
Views:	27
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	619412 Click image for larger version

Name:	respect-064.gif
Views:	6
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	619413

Comment

Thanks frans, you are way too good to me ya know... where did you get all your smilies from, is there a website?

Luv Melinda

Comment

Thanks frans, you are way too good to me ya know... where did you get all your smilies from, is there a website?
                                                            Other posters or forums I'm on some other boards that have 100+ smileys available, gets confusing but some are usefull like those posted above. The circle-making smiley was posted by Yusa on the dildo-drive thread when he received his thank-you package

P.S. Beware of smiley-websites that want you to download some 'toolbar', they like to track what you visit on the internet and the sell that info. That's how such sites are financed. (besides, some of those toolbars cause awfully slow computers and are just nasty crud)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X