Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: uhoh, it's me (new AW projects in the works)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: uhoh, it's me (new AW projects in the works)

Maybe there should be a forum for suggestions

Anyway, this suggestion is not original to me but I'd like to get some "official" response to it. I'd suggest 2 things. First, a "Projects" page that lists or has a rough timetable of things to come, like the site split and the implementation of searching multiple categories at once, etc. Secondly, additions to the FAQ that are frequent on the boards like IMs, shaving, the Sybian, etc. (need input from older members). The reason: to help the staff which, of course, also benefits the members. I've seen Abby mention in 3 different threads about the site split. I would think that this would be tiring. Why not put such information on some such page to be easily referenced by members and give the moderators something to point to rather than reiterate it on a case by case basis?

To each their own and you can run it like that if that's what you want, but why? Logic (in general) drives me crazy

There is a forum for suggestions - the Abbywinters Labs. So that's where I've put this.

Comment

Oops, my bad

Comment

terilaen, the reason I have hesitated on making FAQ pages is cos they make things kinda "official", and most of the things you mention are not set in stone yet.

However,it's probably time to have a "projects" page with a disclaimer at the top. Now all I need is time to write it (unless anyone wants to volunteer?)

a

Comment

Well when I said official, I didn't necessarily mean it had to be Abby herself, but hey, no complaints!

Surely issues such as the Sybian, pooping vids (nasty), and other recurrent thread issues could be posted in the FAQ. I guess it would need to be something frequently discussed in the boards or email and you have a solid answer for. However, I would think that all opinions/answers would be subject to change anyway since this is your site.

If you're not comfortable with dates or a more general, season, or even a timeline at all, then just make a list of them maybe with links to threads where this is mentioned.

I only mention any of this to be helpful. If it's not, so be it. For all I know, you may like increasing your post number but that's your perogative.

Thanks for your time and continued consideration.

Comment

Calling all members: Help needed to gather projects list.

Originally posted by Terulaen
            I'd suggest ... a "Projects" page that lists or has a rough timetable of things to come, like the site split and the implementation of searching multiple categories at once, etc.
            Originally posted by Abby
            it's probably time to have a "projects" page with a disclaimer at the top. Now all I need is time to write it (unless anyone wants to volunteer?)
            I've contacted Abby and volunteered to do this. Turns out there's no single list of all the various projects that have been proposed at various times and places around the forums. So, HELP! What projects have you been waiting for or wondering about? What ones do you remember or can you find in the forums? Now's the time and this is the place to gather 'em all up so, as Terulaen suggests, a page can go on the site that describes projects in the works with some sort of status or time frame assigned to each. For my part I welcome any and all comments about the projects and even the proposed page, the more information the better as this thread will be the source for what goes on the page. Abby & staff will let us know what projects or parts of projects can't be done - I imagine telling us here in this thread is the easiest way to do that. To keep this manageable at this point please stick to projects that have already been proposed; if new ones come to mind - and they will, I'm sure - the place to suggest them is in the AW Labs forum. Presumably (tho, I don't know) the projects page will be an on going thing with projects coming off the page when they come into being (or are determined to be unworkable) and new ones being added as they come along. At the end of this thread (tho at the moment I have no idea how to determine when or whether it's ended) I'll sum up what has surfaced and survived, post it here, and then hide under the desk for a last round of comment, correction,
            and well deserved vituperation. (BTW, The AW Toy Drive doesn't count as a project. Abby: "Cos it's live and working now." )

Please bear in mind: Projects that make it through this process and show up on the page still aren't necessarily set in stone - the page will have an appropriate disclaimer at the top - but at least we'll have an idea of what's under consideration at the time.

Personal disclaimer: I've volunteered to gather up the info on projects and put it into words for a projects page. I'm not an "insider" and have no special status to make any decisions about any projects; if I have any ideas I'll offer them here like everybody else. What I have to go on is Terulaen's suggestion, some examples of the page format from Abby, and whatever comes here.

And so I put it to you: What are all these projects everyone keeps talking about?

- L

Comment

I can remember this one (January 2006, thread: The Videos -> Unsplit videos?)

What I'd really like to do with the videos, is a tool I have seen n another adult site: you can downlad he whole thing, or you can choose what section you want. You are presented with a frame cap every 30 seconds or so, and you choose from >here< to >there<, and the server makes you a MPG or WMV to your likings.
              adding servers is no problem. I spoke to waffyw about this (our features progammer), and he said it's do-able with more CPU and RAM.

It's def going to happen.
              Willow's plenty busy enough, this will be a plugin designed by a contract programmer.

Comment

Thanks, German. That's just the kind of stuff I need.

- L

Comment

The site split is another one. Splitting AW into AW-solo, AW-GG, and AW-IM. members can be a member of one, two or all three sites. moving between sites will be unnoticable if you have subbed to it. One login for all. cross grade between sites.

a

Comment

AW site split is anotehr one - AW-solo, AW-IM, AW-GG. Due to go live int he next few months.

a

Comment

Non special, is IM's useing cones (camafloged) so during the IM the models could 'orintate' themselves as to the best (better) camera angle. I am sure nearing the end (pre-cumming) it would help a lot.

Again IMHO

Comment

Hi, all,

Well, I've been combing through the boards (a couple of weeks of great reading, let me tell you) and I've come up with the following Magnificent Seven:

My Lists - Allows both AW staff, and members themselves, to classify videos, images, and models into groups, tag them with a name, and make the lists available for others to enjoy (or, you can keep your lists private if you prefer).

Advanced Searches - allowing combination searches, including multiple categories, with (at the least) the Boolean NOT option.

My AW - A page that is customised for you, that allows you to change personal settings on how the AW site works, manage your Lists, and check some info.

Splitting the Site Into Three Parts -
                        AW regular - regular, dev, redux, mez, DR, backstage (stills and video)
                        AWGG - just the GG stuff (and GG backstage, and GG DR) (stills and video)
                        AWIM - just the intimate Moments stuff (video only)

Download Selected Parts of Videos - Like the custom zips but instead of selecting pictures from a set, you pick segments of a video. (There'll be little vidcaps from the different parts of the video.)

The Abby Winters Burlesque Show - A kind of touring stage show featuring AW models. Not a striptease in the regular sense, but the'd be a bunch of models (10?), and they'd tell stories, kiss, get naked on stage, dance, and, um, stuff.

AbbyWinters.com in Other Languages - Won't affect the site you're viewing now, just offer alternative views in German, Japanese, Spanish. (Probably a long way off.)

So, Members & Staff: Any that should be added? Any that should be removed?

- L

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X