Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I get the chance I'm gonna retouch myself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get the chance I'm gonna retouch myself.

I don't know if you've ever wondered how much media images are altered when in fact they started out with something that was beautiful and messed it up.
    I found this. I thought it was quite interesting, especially the second picture.(You can move the slider with the mouse)

I could not get the pix to load (blame it on dial-up) but this is one of the best thread titles ever.

Comment

Very interesting, thanks blissed.

I am impressed with the skill of the image manipulation even when I question its morality (or at least aesthetics).

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
        I could not get the pix to load (blame it on dial-up) but this is one of the best thread titles ever.
        I am thinking of that song by the Divinyls. Could "When I think about you, I retouch myself" become a watchword for this image-concious age we live in??

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
          ... this is one of the best thread titles ever.
          Yea, verily! I can't see the picture either (I hava no java) but whatever it is, it can't be as good as the title.

- L

Comment

Lep, Arty, it's really worth it. Incredible really...it's not fair! Everyone could be 'beautiful' when they slim your face, remove your zits, whiten up your eyes, reshape your nose, shine your hair, and fix your skin colouring. Siiiiigh...but then again I buy magazines for the pretty pictures sometimes. What an awesome site, thanks again Blissed!

Comment

Glad to hear (in a sad sort of way) I am not the only one who gets no image. I tried Opera and IE and no luck on either. Wonder what causes that?

Hold the line, I am getting an image. It just seems to take a while. I wasn't patient enough. I guess if lthere were a retoucher for that quality, I could use it.

Very interesting. I downloaded the source and modified it to apply to AW.com pictures. Guess what I found???

NO retouching! Imagine that.

Actually, I didn't do that, but it was fun to think about....

Comment

Also unable to get an image but. . . just to comment on the theme here - how funny is it that, society as a whole, idolizes images that aren't reality?! Always working and hoping to appear like something that has been dramatically altered! If only these pressures didn't exist. . . would we see more beauty and perfection in the world? Appreciate our differences and individualities? Like everyone I fall into the same slum - reading the mags for there beautiful and much re-touched pics - why can't we start producing more untouched, real versions of such?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X