Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else got superslow download??

Heya all

Thought id pop in and ask if anyone else is experiencing sucky transfer rates?!?!
    Im on Telstra Cable in NSW and cant find more than 10k/s for vids....
    THAT SUCKS

100Mb vid at 10k/s is killa....
    is it just me??
    every other website hasnt changed at all, still get 200k/s+ from microsoft etc etc
    Just this place is no where near as quick as i remember it!!

Help anyone?!?!

Mark

Hi Mark,

No one else is experiencing this (apparently), so it's prpbably local to you. Have a read of this FAQ entry here:

a

Comment

I've had the same pblm for several days. 20 minutes per dwnld. It is ok at night though. I use SBC Yahoo and I think that's the pblm. Tried 3 browsers and no help. Yahoo is what is common.

Comment

Same problem

I'm having the same problem. I'm on Telstra cable and no other site has changed. I have logged a call with Abby but have not had a reply yet.

Originally posted by Sprocket
        Heya all

Thought id pop in and ask if anyone else is experiencing sucky transfer rates?!?!
        Im on Telstra Cable in NSW and cant find more than 10k/s for vids....
        THAT SUCKS

100Mb vid at 10k/s is killa....
        is it just me??
        every other website hasnt changed at all, still get 200k/s+ from microsoft etc etc
        Just this place is no where near as quick as i remember it!!

Help anyone?!?!

Mark

Comment

I'm currently suffering it too. Though it's not disastrous speeds at all, it is slower than it should be.

But we are quite certain that it's not anything we can control - it's just the internet being annoying.

Comment

my downloads have also been slow (though not unbearably so) over the past week and I'm also on Telstra broadband.

as only a few are affected hopefully it'll clear up soon...

Comment

It seems it's a local Australian problem.
              My downloads are at the same speed they always were.

Lxm

Comment

Me, too--glacial. Note to self--find rich uncle to purchase broadband for deserving Artlover.

Comment

Heya all

Magic i tells ya!!

My cable is back to normal on AW!!
                  Wiked!!

Thanks for the replies people

Anyone else got their bandwidth back??
                  I made no changes or anything, no resetting the modem or whatever, she just started working!!

Mark

Comment

We didn't change anything either, as far as I know. Which just proves the point that it's "one of those things" that we have no control over.

Comment

correct, we changed nothing.

a

Comment

Sprocket, et al.:

I'm glad the problem has gone away. For future reference, if this happens again, the best way to locate the cause of "slowness" is to do a traceroute (or on Linux mtr works better) to the server in question and see which hop is causing the delay. The following page, linked off the "Dagnabbit Your Site Is Slow" report form, provides instructions for doing a traceroute and for submitting such a report to the technical staff:

http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...&id=TraceRoute

Without this information, it's pretty much impossible for anyone here at AW to determine where you're having problems unless we're having the exact same ones. :-)

Comment

Of course, if your a "visual" kind of guy, try McAfee's nifty program.

Just kidding.
                          Last edited by alleyes1; 25 March 2006, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X