X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture resize on Mac...

Originally posted by Excelsior
    ptroinks:

Check out Mrs. Roops instructions on how to resize on the 1st page. Her demo was most instructive!

Xcel
    Now we (or at least I) need Luxman to post instructions for Mac users ...

What graphics/image programs do you have, matchless. I run an iMac if you need help.

Comment

I'd suggest the use of GraphicConverter, it comes with every Mac.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	615410

Just open the picture in it, then use

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	615411

in the dialog set the horizontal size to 600, check the keep proportions check box

Name:	Pic3.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	615412

After that save the picture WITH A NEW FILENAME and post it.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman

Just open the picture in it, then use

in the dialog set the horizontal size to 600, check the keep proportions check box

After that save the picture WITH A NEW FILENAME and post it.

Lxm
        Aw Luxy, what a wasted opportunity!!! In your demo you could have quite legitimately used a saucy image of Luxman's Length in your example. Shame!!! Of course you could go back an re-edit, eh??

Comment

Never, far too shy!

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
            Originally posted by Ironsides
            What graphics/image programs do you have, matchless. I run an iMac if you need help.
            It seems I have the only Mac which doesn't have GraphicConverter. Too bad, it looks easy to use. I have an iMac G5 which came with all the current iLife software. It was purchased almost one year ago and I have been making regular updates when they become available.

I also have a program called PhotoImpression from ArcSoft (v.5) that came with my printer and I use that most often since most of what I do with photos is simply scan them. I tried resizing a photo using that but couldn't upload it. I've had the same problem with photos I've edited where the new version can't be opened. Ugh! it's so frustrating!

Maybe iPhoto is the way to go but I can't find how to resize photos using it ... sigh

Comment

Originally posted by matchless
              It seems I have the only Mac which doesn't have GraphicConverter.
              I'm surprised, look at the picture below.

Have you tried to search for it (cmd-f)?

Lxm

BTW: I'll move these posts to a new thread in the Mac support forum.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yup, just did a search everything for it ... 0 found. I also looked through the Applications folder and the Utilities folder ... saw nothing that looks like that icon. Maybe it is just me ... I've always had a love/don't get relationship with computers

I figured on you moving these posts once it got too involved. Gotta go eat and then feed a friend's cat so i probably won't be on again 'til the early morning after work. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, I'll be happy to try then ... or later. Thanks as always

Comment

I tried it and maybe I'm the second to not having it.

Comment

Luxman: maybe its being bundled is a Euro-thing, as the programmer is German. My iMac didn't have it either, I just d/led it from his site, and paid for the key. You can't cut & paste yourself between the model's legs, but it's still worth it. (Use Photoshop Elements for editing yourself in! I prefer to add myself to the videos so I got Final Cut Express! Thank God for MPEGs)

Comment

Yes, it seems the bundle is limited to certain regions.

I'm using this wonderful software since years.
                      It's not a Photoshop, but it's good for most of standard stuff I need.
                      For more delicate work I use Photoshop CS2.

BTW: I'm using Final Cut Studio for my video works.

Lxm

Comment

As soon as -- if -- I start a business again to work on films, I'll be sure to invest in (on credit, of course) whatever the most current version of Final Cut is. But for now I am not even much of a hobbyist so I will try to work with what I've got or get something that will do what I want.

Thanks again for trying, Luxman.

Comment

You may download GraphicConverter for free and use it without activiation key with some limitations.
                          The picture resize will work.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by matchless
                            But for now I am not even much of a hobbyist so I will try to work with what I've got or get something that will do what I want.
                            Matchless, I actually use iMovie HD for a lot of stuff, it's pretty easy and the price is right. When I want to compile AW vids for a DVD (the girls look soooo much better on the telly) iMovie is all I need. Although I have to burn to digital-8 first to get the sound.

Luxman is right, you can use GC for free, although you'll get annoyed with the start-up delay if you don't pay. Just remember to dump its prefs before 30 days expires; it gets nasty with ya.

Comment

Here's another small software that allows basic editing of pictures.
                              It's very easy to use.

The name is ImageWell, it's for free and you may download it here.

Thanks to GB, one of my Mac technicians for finding it for me.

Lxm
                              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, so much information. Thank you both, Ironsides and Luxman

I have a book on using iMovie 3 and iDVD (of course my iMac came with iMovie HD but it was free so why complain) that my Dad won from a genealogy group meeting he attends once in a while. My father knows how to keep busy and enjoy his retirement and all us childrens have benefited from it by learning more about our family tree. I sometimes think he is making up for lost time ... as I posted before, he never talked much about his mother, who died when he was just entering college (or uni. if you prefer.)

Comment

Is this a resized Mac?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmmmm ... resized Mac ...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                    Working...
                                    X