Pics too large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics too large

Today's update seems to be in extra large format. When I view them with my monitor at 1280x1024 (its max) they are still too large to appreciate. I am usiong IE6 with XP Pro land all updates installed. I find that when I go to some sites, the pictures resize themselves to fit the screen and then I can exopand them back to their native resolution if I choose. For some reason this doesn't happen with AW. I know I can download then and view them with any of several media programs, but I am used to viewing them online to decide which to download. Is there some option I can set in my browser that will make AW pics resize?

This is a quote

Abby Winters

yes, penny made a boo boo on the editing of this shoot, she forgot to resize the pics! So, they are extralarge (and, extra grainey).

This comes from her shooting at a higher ISO to take advantage of the natural light. When resized, this is less of an issue.

She'll fix it tomorrow morning, anyway.

a

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky
      . Is there some option I can set in my browser that will make AW pics resize?

The short answer is no

Comment

Thanks Hereagain! I'll await the morrow.

Comment

Originally posted by heragin
          The short answer is no
          A longer answer is YES, if you go to "My Aw", look for "change personal settings", and then set "Display images" to "directly"

Comment

If you want AW.com to mimic the behaviour of other websites when following image links, set the Display Images option in your MyAW configuration to directly; each image link will then point to the image file itself, as opposed to an HTML container page. Your browser will then be able to toggle zoom between 100% and fit-to-window, as you were expecting.

Ooops... Mrs Roops beat me to it, well done!
            Last edited by Diablo; 23 March 2006, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks again. I like having the choice.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X