How to create a list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a list?

In the MyAW-FAQ I read: It's a page that is customised for you, that allows you to change personal settings on how the AW site works, manage your Lists, and check some info.

Hence it must be possible to create a list on the MyAW page. When I go to there, I see the following section titles: "Account Status", "Change Personal Settings", "Total Amount Downloaded", "Last 5 logins", "Lists You Can Edit". I see no possibility to create a list on the MyAW page.

In the Lists-FAQ I found additional instructions: Most media you see with have a "Lists" icon beside it, you just click that and you can choose to add it to one of your existing private Lists, nominate for inclusion on a public or site-sponsored list, or use it as the start of a brand new list.

Since a list can consist of images, I expect that each image has a "Lists" icon beside it. But I see no such icon, in addition I don't know how it looks like. I only see a check box, which I can check, but it doesn't seem to have any effect besides its status is saved. I use Firefox 1.5.0.2 on Windows XP.

So please can anyone explain to me, step by step, (1) how to create a list and (2) how to add an image to it?

To kick off a new list from scratch, you'll need to find the profile page of one of the items that you're wanting to include in the list, from the gallery, and use the list selector drop-down menu to add that to either your favourites, or a new list.

The following visualisations will help (the behaviour depends on whether you have noisy or quiet selected for the Add items to lists option in MyAW):
    (Apologies to other members for re-posting these images)

Click image for larger version

Name:	noisy_diagram.png
Views:	2
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	615568

Click image for larger version

Name:	quiet_diagram.png
Views:	2
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	615569

Once you've done this, you can then go back to the MyAW page; the list will be shown there if you want to edit it.

To add subsequent items, just find the profile pages for each corresponding set, and repeat the same process.

To add individual images, you'll need to have the MyAW Display images option set to in a page, otherwise the drop-down menu selector that you need to use won't be available. When you've ensured that is the case, then go to the image gallery containing the image you want to add, and click on the link for the image itself. Use the list drop-down selector on the full-size image page to commit that image to one of your lists.

The small checkboxes you see on the image gallery pages are actually for the custom zip builder function.

Hope this helps. Now go make some unique and interesting lists!
    Last edited by Diablo; 15 April 2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I am so confused by all these lists - wheres it going? please keep it simple, I cant handle the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by sorbet
        I am so confused... please keep it simple.
        The trick with all things in life is to filter out the things you don't comprehend, and concentrate on the things you do.

Or go mad. That's also an option.

Comment

i understand drinking a glass of water, sleeping and opening the refridgerator. all other things get very stressful. i have superb concentration. despite all this, I am going mad.

Comment

... I am going mad.
            Going??

Lxm
            sorry, I tried but I couldn't resist

Comment

despite all this, I am going mad.
              Have you considered that everyone around you is mad and that you're the only sane one of the bunch?
              Happens to me all the time.

Back on topic (sort of), I really appreciate Diablo's concise and precise instructions. I really don't have the time to make lists, but I was wondering how it's done. If I made a list it would probably have 200 models on it, so what's the point?

Also, thank you Diablo for using Penny's page as the example. I'd forgotten how pretty she is naked.

Comment

Originally posted by danieldavis
                In the MyAW-FAQ I read: It's a page that is customised for you, that allows you to change personal settings on how the AW site works, manage your Lists, and check some info.

Hence it must be possible to create a list on the MyAW page. When I go to there, I see the following section titles: "Account Status", "Change Personal Settings", "Total Amount Downloaded", "Last 5 logins", "Lists You Can Edit". I see no possibility to create a list on the MyAW page.

In the Lists-FAQ I found additional instructions: Most media you see with have a "Lists" icon beside it, you just click that and you can choose to add it to one of your existing private Lists, nominate for inclusion on a public or site-sponsored list, or use it as the start of a brand new list.

Since a list can consist of images, I expect that each image has a "Lists" icon beside it. But I see no such icon, in addition I don't know how it looks like. I only see a check box, which I can check, but it doesn't seem to have any effect besides its status is saved. I use Firefox 1.5.0.2 on Windows XP.

So please can anyone explain to me, step by step, (1) how to create a list and (2) how to add an image to it?
                just keep trying i did it and i,m a computer idiot.
                danieldavis'' nice sudernam by the way

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X