• Show
Clear All

recordig wmv on osx 10

Vid dude
    How or can u record wmv to Ihd? TNKS. Refrd by luxmn

Originally posted by ham
    Vid dude
    How or can u record wmv to Ihd? TNKS. Refrd by luxmn
    Should this be in the Mac section as ihd is devopled by Microsoft and Walt Disney and on windows vista

More Info

Comment

I'm not even sure what ham is asking for. High definition WMVs?

Comment

He could be wanting them to burn them to Blue ray, however nothing is really released for it yet

Comment

Sorry I was incomplete. What I meant was I movie. I can play wmv's as I have flip4mac. However I movie will not accept them.

Comment

No, iMovie doesn't support other formats than native DV data.
            If you want to edit and convert other formats you'd need Final Cut based on QuickTime Pro and for WMV files the Flip4Mac full version.

Lxm

Comment

ham,

I've had joy converting AW WMVs to DV (any many other formats) using Roxio Toast 7 & Quicktime Pro. I'm have Flip4Mac installed - you need to make sure you have both the Flip4Mac WMV Import.component and Flip4Mac WMV Export.component files in /Library/Quicktime/

Both applications (RT7 & QTP) cost. You also need to make sure you have PLENTY of spare HDD space as the resultant exported DV files are fairly big.

As Luxman mentions, you can import DV files into iMovie to edit/join and then export as another compressed movie file or into iDVD.

Comment

Originally posted by brenster
                You also need to make sure you have PLENTY of spare HDD space as the resultant exported DV files are fairly big.
                Yup: 3.6 MB/second, 216 MB/minute or 12.6 GB/hour.

Lxm

Comment

Thanks to all. Making shopping list.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X