Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

model speaking

Here is an idea.

How about some sound bits (wav files ) to use on the computer for the computer sound scheme.

You offer a ew sound bits recorded by models to replace the standard computer sound schemes.

On a small site http://www.stvlive.com/guests/, under "Stephanie" ,"she speaks", Stephanie offers (free to guests) a computer sound scheme using her voice. (I am trusting that she will not mind the reference here as she does offer a cam site well worth being checked out)

I have used these sounds on my computer for years and they are fun.

aol_suques.wav
    bah.wav
    bowchica.wav
    briiiing.wav
    do_it_again.wav
    eatingmybrain.wav
    fishsammich.wav
    fries.wav
    fuqueing_mail.wav
    fuque_you.wav
    goodmorning.wav
    goodnight.wav
    go_to_hell.wav
    grrrr.wav
    incomingmsg.wav
    i_didnt_do_it.wav
    i_love_you.wav
    i_told_you_so.wav
    i_wont_tell.wav
    longtime.wav
    mmbork.wav
    microsoft_suques.wav
    no.wav
    notyouagain.wav
    nut-kicker.wav
    oh_yeah.wav
    oopsie.wav
    rise_and_shine.wav
    somebody_loves_you.wav
    sweet_dreams.wav
    uh_oh.wav
    woohoo.wav
    yes.wav
    youve_got_mail.wav
    you_idiot.wav

the following sounds are from a tape recorded at a family christmas gathering when i was two. you'll hear my grandparents, parents, brother, and me. animals.wav
    bumponmyhead.wav
    chris.wav
    daddy.wav
    doittome.wav
    humpydumpy.wav
    humpydumpy2.wav
    jacknjill.wav
    jinglebells.wav
    kiss.wav
    kissyourelbow.wav
    laugh.wav
    laydown.wav
    ow.wav
    pennies.wav
    popgoestheweasel.wav
    rockbye.wav
    rockbye2.wav
    saygoodnight.wav

The above is a list of what she offers in one zipped file. They are much more fun than machine generated bells and whistles. And it is great to hear the voice of your favourite model comming out of your computer.

What do you think? Can AbbyWinters offer a simplare set )or sets). What other voice bits and by what models might appeal?
    Last edited by geoman; 28 June 2006, 04:17 PM.

What? Like this?

I agree. So far I only use the Kylie one.

Every model should be required to record a "you've got mail' in her cutest Aussie accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii
      What? Like this?

I agree.
      Yes! Just like that.

My suggestion is only the addition of more choice and instructions for adding them to a windows "sound scheme"

Comment

....Every model should be required to record a "you've got mail' in her cutest Aussie accent.
        That may be very difficult for a model like Katrina (from Germany).

Sorry. I couldn't resist because of the voices that was the one I liked the best. I enjoy all the accents.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud
          That may be very difficult for a model like Katrina (from Germany).

Well, how about a cute German accent, or a sound scheme in German.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea, and lots of fun.

Lots of AW models have wonderful voices.

Comment

i think that's a really cute idea!!! i'd definitely be willing to record something like that.

Comment

My personal favorite is Zan's "Oi, you got an Email" . I have used it for a long time.

yusa

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. I just put that particular one into my laptop.

Comment

I was hoping that some one on the staff would give me some indication if this is a workableaddition to AbbyWinter's recources. You have video's with sound and pictures without sound. How about sound without pictures? You even have a model willing to add her voice to thing.

Have I placed this idea to the wrong place?

Or am I just to new here to be doing this right?

Or is it to much extra work?

Or are there legal problems because I got the idea from somewhere else?

Comment

geoman, sorry for not replying earlier.

We did it ages ago, and it was not very popular. It'd be easy to get models to do, but it's another thing to remember on a shoot, which already has 47 or 48 things for staff to remember (I posted a list of those things recently,a ctually). I'd like to do a few of them, and see if they are popular. If they are, we can make them a regular thing.

What sort of thing shsuld we have them say, apart from "you have new email"?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                        (I posted a list of those things recently, actually)
                        ...and it can be read in this post

Lxm

Comment

"Oops, it seems your system has crashed!".

Lxm

Comment

Ooh, can I record a "please don't delete meeeee! NOOOOOOO" for when someone tries to delete a file, or a "y'think so, eh" for confirmation prompts?

It is a fantastic idea but in terms of Abby's business, I don't think it would be a popular corner of the site (as it was, I had no idea about the sound files that already existed). Still, it wouldn't take up much space... could they even be uploaded to a sticky topic in the forums somewhere? *shrugs*

Comment

Start windows: "You turn me on so well!"
                              Exit windows: "Please don't leave me!"
                              Critical stop: "There's trouble brewing, my dear!"
                              Default beep: "I'm in love!"
                              Exclamation: "Oh! Oh! Aaaah!"

Comment

I see how the voice-recording thing wasn't too popular.
                                I first spotted them when looking around the menus to discover all the shiny things AW also offers.

The concept seems to liked by both members AND models as a nice 'add-on' (much like the wallpapers are).

Full sound schemes are too expensive. What I would do - were I writing the cheques - is add a few more recordings, but in a very limited (= 'free') way.

Rachel_T & Alexis all but volunteered already, so if we begged enough, they might do some for fun.
                                Record a couple of new "you've got mails', publicise them on the MH page, and gauge the reaction.

Benefit: Ever-present reminders of AW.com each time someone receives mail (ex.: at work I get ~50 a day).
                                Do not underestimate the subliminal impact of this kind of advertising. Quitting AW.com will become impossible!!

Comment

what sould they say?

thanks for your optimistic reply.

What I find most useful are:
                                  a female voice saying " bring bring" , "I didn't do it", ""Ehk! It's eating my brain", "grrrrrrr!", :Bahhh!", "I love you", "yes", "no", "bork bork", or
                                  " Goodmorning".

There are other suggestions in #1. Alexis, Arsbye, Luxman, and Yusanord below all have sugestions. I am sure that others will make suggestions.

I did not imagine adding anything new to the staffs to do list at a shot. I imagined something like a few models who stopped in at the office making up or reading a list of suggested sound bits. They could also be "out takes" from the voice track of existing videos.

Comment

....What sort of thing shsuld we have them say, apart from "you have new email"?
                                    I'd love to have Katrina say "Spud, your phone is ringing" in place of the silly little fake phone ring the computer now uses.

Comment

I like the ideas everybody has.
                                      I would love a little wav file sound-bite of Matilda saying "Oh, really..."
                                      Wouldn't it be easy to set up a PC or Mac to record little sound bites when the models visit HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz
                                        Wouldn't it be easy to set up a PC or Mac to record little sound bites when the models visit HQ.
                                        Easy to do, hard to do well.

Comment

Easy to do, hard to do well.
                                          I see what you mean now. I reviewed the sound bits you have on your site and compared them to those of Stephanie from stvlive.com.

Stephanie a unique voice and a talent for what she does. I am sure you have people skilled enough to handle the technology, to do the coaching needed to get the right inflection, etc. and models with the vocal skills to produce the sound bits but it all takes time and very different skills from video and still photography. Perhaps sometime things will fall into place to let it happen but right now you have a major project of modifying the site underway. Staff probably does not have the extra time for another creative project.

Thanks for responding to my suggestion with such serious consideration. ...another quality I am enjoying at AbbyWinters.com.

Comment

Woah, no need to make this a big production. Doesn't have to be a huge effort.

Every sound card comes with some cheapo microphone.
                                            Set it up & have some models who happen to wander by record some sounds in high quality.

Someone can then edit the hq sounds files down to lower quality/smaller sizes & voila! Free & easy.
                                            The quality is basically down who edits the sound files.

Comment

Every sound card comes with some cheapo microphone.
                                              uh huh. Illustrating my point.

Set it up & have some models who happen to wander by record some sounds in high quality.
                                              um. Is your name really Elfie?

The quality is basically down who edits the sound files.
                                              No, the quality is down to the mic, and the environment the sound is recorded in. Editing plays a part, sure, but if the original file is bad, all the editing in the world is not going to fix it.

Like I said. It's dead easy to do. It's a lot harder to do it well.

a

Comment

All right. Do whatever you want. I give up.

Comment

I think the best way to prove how easy it is to do a good job is to sit down and do it.

When I get a few minutes I'll record something and post it, and describe the equipment I used to do it.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                  Working...
                                                  X