Internet Explorer 7 problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer 7 problem?

After upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 Beta2, I got the screen message that my browser would not allow cookies. I tried all recommended procedures to allow cookies, even reverting to Low Security. Nothing worked. The only way I could work around this was to Refresh my Abby Member Page first, then I could login without problems. Any other IE7 users have this problem?

I have used IE7 beta2 for about a month and I haven't had problems with AW. Have you tried to clear your cookies ? Have you checked the Remember me box ?

yusa

Comment

As IE7 is still in beta, these sorts of problems are inevitable. We do not support it yet, and won't until it's out of beta, we've looked at it and tested it thoroughly, found any workarounds, and then implemented them.

Until then, expect problems.

Comment

I suppose you know what beta means!

Lxm

Comment

I did not have this problem the first 3 weeks of IE7 beta 2. I DO know what BETA means!! I have cleared all cookies, added Abby to my Accepted Sites, Rember me, etc. Set Security to low for a few minutes. I believe this has nothing to do with cookies per se. For Example, when I login from an Abby link not in the home page, I get connected and can go back to the home page and proceed. Or, I can always login the Home Page by refreshing it first.

Comment

The Login Box on the main page uses AJAX, whereas the other login prompts do not. Perhaps it's related to that.

Though these messageboards also use AJAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
              The Login Box on the main page uses AJAX, whereas the other login prompts do not. Perhaps it's related to that.

Though these messageboards also use AJAX.
              I use Ajax to clean the bath tub with

Comment

There you go. If you're using that kind of Ajax on your computer, no wonder it's not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
                  There you go. If you're using that kind of Ajax on your computer, no wonder it's not working.
                  But I have a clean PC

Comment

Beta? Isn't it like the opposite of VHS?

Seriously though. We do not currently support IE7, beta or otherwise. We will at some point support it, but right now we have more pressing matters to attend to. If you have ditched IE6 in favour of IE7, then I suggest you install Firefox or Opera as an alternative for webistes that break on IE7 - abbywinters.com will not be the only site that you have trouble with.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X