Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Errors

Hi,
    I have a question regarding "queing downloads". In the attached image you will see toward the bottom that I am attempting to download the videos of Tamara_A and Jennifer_L. I was successful in dowloading the "before" vid and then vid #1. After Vid #1, I got the php files which I understand from past exeprience is indicating an error message.

When I initiated these downloads, I went down the page where the links were and just "right-clicked and saved" all the way down until I had "saved" all of them including the after. After Vid 1, as I said, they all got errors. After all had finished, I went ahead and downloaded Vid #2 to ensure that the link was working.

My question is, could you tell me why I am getting those errors? Any rules about queing up downloads??

Thanks,
    Alleyes
    Attached Files

Hi Alleyes,

I queue downloads all the time with no problems. I don't use the same DL manager however.

I have experienced what you are talking about on other websites. In that case it had to do with resolution of the underlying file. When I said "save as" the DL manager would begin a dialog with the site. They traded several interactions and then finally the name of the underlying file came into view on the manager screen.

I got bad results if I didn't wait long enough for the name resolution. If I was already downloading something and queued a 2nd one I was using some of my bandwidth and slowing down that interaction. That is why the first would work and the 2nd one not. I learned to wait a bit longer before "saving" the file.

I don't know if this will help you at all, but it was my experience.

da Spud

Comment

Hi, Alleyes.

Have you looked at the FAQ yet?
      I think it addresses your problem. Following those three bulleted suggestions might make it work.

Comment

Thanks, 'Spud and arsby.
        I'll give it a go.

Alleyes

Comment

Under 'Options -> Default Download Settings' check tab 'protocol', make sure both HTTP 1.1 and 'use cookies' are checked on. The cookies one is the most important.

If you're downloading 'main.php' access was denied to your download manager. Test using Internet Explorer if you can access the target download (I would use a image from a set to test that, not video). Be aware that FDM uses the cookies from Internet Explorer so you have to have logged in using that browser, you can of course browse AW with any other browser after that ;-)

And yeah I do use FDM myself so I know it works. I've set my max-connections to the site to 1, since I just use it to queue downloads and am not in a hurry. If you want to use the Site Manager options let me know, 'cos they require some weird setting. (you can have files downloaded from AW/gmbill directed to a specific AW directory that way).

-Frans

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X