Where is Michelle R's Picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Michelle R's Picture?

I don't get her picture appearing in the Monday 10 June slot on the News page -- just a blue square with a ? mark in the centre of the space where the picture should be. Everything else appears normal. And clicking on the area where the picture should appear takes me to Michell's profile page as normal.

Not sure if this is a Mac-related problem or what (I use Mac OSX 10.3.something, and Safari as browser).

It's not a big problem, more of a minorly irritating puzzlement, because everything else appears perfectly OK.

takochan

I got same problem yesterday and I'm using IE. AW seemed to be very slow loading things, other sites were loading normally. I got Michelle's pic visible when refreshing couple of times though.

yusa

Comment

I too am having the same problem ... also using mac with safari. Maybe if yusa is right I just need patience. I will try.

It's not a big problem but, as takochan stated so well, is a puzzlement.

p.s. - ah yup! a refresh and there are the pictures I'm still puzzled, though
      Last edited by matchless; 11 July 2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

We had a weird disaster last night with our media servers. This may have been a casualty of that.

Comment

Got the same problem too with Naomi E's pic now -- and Michelle's hasn't appeared for me yet...

takochan

Comment

all fixed now?

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord
              I got same problem yesterday and I'm using IE. yusa
              You know how AW feel about people using IE lol, But after reading some in depth security reports that should be released soon on FF i will stay with IE

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                all fixed now?
                Thanks, Abby -- but I still have just little blue squares where Naomi and Michelle should be. Not many other people seem to be having the problem, and I doubt if it's really spoiling anyone's enjoyment of the site, so
                don't worry too much.

Maybe it'll sort itself anyway.

Cheers

takochan

Comment

Originally posted by stoneyyy
                  You know how AW feel about people using IE lol, But after reading some in depth security reports that should be released soon on FF i will stay with IE
                  stoneyyy, I would love to read those reports. I'm a regular reader of Computerworld and they usually carry articles like that. The one thing i noticed when I first started using FF instead of IE was my adaware program went from quite a number of "bugs" found a month to literally zero after using firefox. at one point i didn't run the adaware for about 3 months and when I finally did, there was zero "bugs" found.

My 2cents.

Alleyes

Comment

I saw this glitch too, I was using firefox 1.5. Where Naomi's picture was supposed to be, I saw a "|"
                    Now all the images on the news page is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz
                      I saw this glitch too, I was using firefox 1.5. Where Naomi's picture was supposed to be, I saw a "|"
                      Now all the images on the news page is fine.
                      bookmanz, i was getting it too with the same browser, but as you say, it went away and now everything is fine.

ae

Comment

It was a server synchronisation issue

Comment

All clear here too now, thanks -- once I emptied my cache, went out of the site and then back in again.

Cheers

takochan

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X