Is the site running extra slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the site running extra slow?

Here in the UK, for the last 3 days, the time taken to open pages on the site has gone right downhill - sometimes a good 30 seconds. On top of that, I can barely scrape 60-100k/sec when downloading videos when before that I could easily get anywhere between 400-1100k/sec any time of day.
    I've cleared any caches/temporary internet files to no avail and haven't see anything mentioned on the site about others having the same problem.

It must be a problem at your side, I'm downloading always at the same speed (150 - 250 KB/sec).

Lxm

Comment

Check out this FAQ entry we wrote especially for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
        Check out this FAQ entry we wrote especially for you.
        I had a read of this vid and notice you suggest this
        better test is to try visiting http://www.simonscans.com (browse their tour, download a sample video - link opens in new window).
        Yes they do use the same hosting co, but i find there web pages to load a lot faster then AW's

Comment

Originally posted by stoneyyy
          Yes they do use the same hosting co, but i find there web pages to load a lot faster then AW's
          There could be a number of unrelated causes for this. Simonscans' page layout is a lot simpler compared to AW.com, so their CMS (if they're using one) would be able to serve out the pages quicker, and they'd render faster in your browser (especially if you're still using IE, as it's lousy at dynamic reflow).

Comment

Our webpages are dynamic with a crapload of separate items that each have to be fetched and drawn each time. It does slow things down that aspect a little, especially on slower connections. However, in terms of file download speed, they should match.

Comment

File download speed is the same i max out on that

Http speeds are slower due to content and headers

My connection is a crappy 1.5mbs soon will be adsl2+

Comment

Managing 37k/sec at present.........did get 400k/sec some time after I originally posted by gone backl to extra slow now.

Comment

my limiting factor is almost surely the cable tv system access I have; evening local time and everyone on the system is online, it reaches a limit and slows; later or at non-intensive use times, quite fast. they have been signing up more customers, I'm not sure exactly how the system is divided up, but whatever is the most local branch can get loaded up. it doesn't seem to be AW, because anything I access at the slow times is also slow to load.

Comment

Amazing, this site has always fustrated me on how slow pages load, so I try it with ff and wam. it loads fast..... something tells me there is some code in the headers that IE doesn't like

Comment

When I tried Opera when viewing AW, I found that it was slow compared to IE (or FF).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X