Best Resolution for Site & in General?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Resolution for Site & in General?

I just got a cool big monitor, 21". 1000:1 (Gateway). Max resolution goes to 1680 x1050. Unfortunatly this outstrips my video card which only goes to 1600 x 1024 (GeForce2 Ultra). Looking for suggestions on the best resolution to view Abby's site and her work with, and suggestions too about a good graphics card.

This monitor pivots 90 degrees to a portrait rather than landscape view. IE, Firefox and ACDSee all automatically re-orient themselves when I turn the monitor to the vertical view. Cool technology.

Originally posted by RedDruid2
    I just got a cool big monitor, 21". 1000:1 (Gateway). Max resolution goes to 1680 x1050. Unfortunatly this outstrips my video card which only goes to 1600 x 1024 (GeForce2 Ultra). Looking for suggestions on the best resolution to view Abby's site and her work with, and suggestions too about a good graphics card.

This monitor pivots 90 degrees to a portrait rather than landscape view. IE, Firefox and ACDSee all automatically re-orient themselves when I turn the monitor to the vertical view. Cool technology.
    Well most images will fit in 1600 x 1024 but it gives you awfull small letters I'm afraid. There was something about color-temp which was more important but I forget the recommended temp (fairly high it was).

As for a videocard, get 'Gforce 6600 AGP' cheap (around USD$120 or so). Be aware that most newer videocards are PCI-Express which wont fit in your system more than likely (since you have Gforce 2 atm I suspect your system is oldish). A 6600 AGP or 6800LE will do fine for viewing AW ;-)

Is that monitor TFT or CRT btw?

Comment

Hi RedDruid2,

You might want to check out this thread as this was discussed there.

BigMonitor (aka BigSpud)

Comment

RedDruid2 you might like to read this thread too.

yusa

Comment

I use 1600x 1200, and the site looks great at that res (I never maximise browser windows at that res tho).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X