Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox

I have been testin the FF for a little while and you guessed it Iam less then impressed with it, however rather then go on about all it's flaws, I have noticed an issue with it on the aw site

If you goto a models profile then click on boards thread, the boards page shows up ok , but you can not post to the boards from there as it will not let you type

This problem does not exist on IE

Originally posted by stoneyyy
    I have been testin the FF for a little while and you guessed it Iam less then impressed with it, however rather then go on about all it's flaws, I have noticed an issue with it on the aw site

If you goto a models profile then click on boards thread, the boards page shows up ok , but you can not post to the boards from there as it will not let you type

This problem does not exist on IE
    stoneyyy,
    i just tried that, going to model profile, clicking on board thread tab, and typing in the quick reply box and it worked a-ok, for me.

Why don't you just give us your top 3 "don't likes". I haven't had any problems with it, except when using sites where I'm doing transactions like banking.

ae

Comment

It doesn't intrigate with windows as well
      opens up another page when i download with my download manager
      can't view sites like my space properly
      uses twice the resources as ie
      oh i can go on and on

I gave it to a group of teens to try out as well, you should of seen what they come up with, they cracked it open in no time

Comment

I was really lovin' Firefox, and storngly prefered it over IE 6, until this Firefox/1.5.0.4 version.
        For the most part, Firefox is working really well here on AW. I don't have Stoneyyy problem exactly as he described.
        When in a models profile, and click on boards thread, the boards page shows up at the extreme bottom of the page in a huge area of light blue empty space. You just page up to the posting area. Then you can post OK.

My main beef with FF 1.5.0.4 is that it EMPTIES your damn bookmarks and toolbars. It is saved as backups, you can get them back, but what a pain. I know there is supposed to be an 'Extension' to fix this.

It is all minor stuff, but I had zero problems with Firefox before this latest update.

Comment

Stoneyyy it is intersting that you are have having trouble with a well know web site like my space.com.
          This latest FF is balking at opening certain web sites. All of a sudden I can't open reputable sites that used to work fine in FF.
          I have not set www.cnn.com as a restriced or blocked site in FF. I can go to cnn.com just fine in IE.

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz
            Stoneyyy it is intersting that you are have having trouble with a well know web site like my space.com.
            This latest FF is balking at opening certain web sites. All of a sudden I can't open reputable sites that used to work fine in FF.
            I have not set www.cnn.com as a restriced or blocked site in FF. I can go to cnn.com just fine in IE.
            I can get cnn ok in it however i am not in the usa and proberly get the international link

Comment

Well, now I'm running 1.5.0.5

It notified me the other day, kind of like a windows update, that there was an upgrade available. no problems, thus far.

ae

Comment

Yeah I have 1.5.0.5, it sort of reminds me of a cross between the old navigator and ie4 with the extras pack

Comment

Looks like FF is getting the same threatment now as IE, as i have said in earlier posts on this site, it was just a matter of time

Have a look

Comment

I have the recent update of FF with no problems at all. nothing changed at all. maybe it loaded with security settings set that you did not have set? I dont know, but I have no problems with it, esp no changes in Favorites (I have PC, 1Gb, Win XPSP2, running behind firewall, antivirus, antispam, antispyware, some other stuff too). and r.e. CNN, and occ other sites, I have mine set to refuse popups, and every once in a while it interprets acceptable page reloads as a popup. if I know the site, I accept popups for only the curent session, it hasn't failed to work yet.

Comment

Something i never get on IE
                      [ATTACH]3830[/ATTACH]

Comment

That could be because of your firewall ( i get it when i use peer guardian) or it could be that you are using spybot.

did you use the "immunize" feature in spybot? this ads a whole heap of site addresses to yr "hosts" file which basically stops yr browser going to known dodgy sites, it also stops ads in ebay and others so that may be the cause.

Comment

I do have that FF 1.5.0.5 now.
                          My emptying of favorites and bookmares is related to a worse problem with FF.
                          Firefox has a habit of crashing under certain conditions. For me, FF crashes when exiting the program. I have been exit-ing using the close "x". I just googled this problem and a lot of people are having it. I am going to see if using file, exit helps prevent the crashes. Also see if having multiple tabs open when close may contribute to the problems.

Comment

I don't know how I've escaped being so lucky but I NEVER have problems with FF. I've upgraded to every version. Never lost a bookmark. The only "additions" I've added were the IE Viewer and the Flashgot.

It's either I'm lucky or I'm living right, I don't know which !?!

ae

Comment

Well they have at least fixed one of the issues

Comment

Firefox baybee - there really is no alternative. Once the Fox's got you, it's got you by the balls!

Proof is that M$ has already started copying FF-features into the next IE (well, usual M$ approach to anything really).

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii
                                  Firefox baybee - there really is no alternative. Once the Fox's got you, it's got you by the balls!

Proof is that M$ has already started copying FF-features into the next IE (well, usual M$ approach to anything really).
                                  I don't agree with you there

Comment

I don't agree with you there
                                    Interesting - why not?

Firefox can be moulded to your exact needs, but then that takes more than your average user is willing to/capable of.
                                    IE give you the basics right then on the spot, but that's ALL you're getting - the basics.

At this point, I wouldn't dream of abandoning FF for any other browser.
                                    But then I literally know FF inside out, and over the past 3 years have customised/evolved it to to my personal perfection.

It just keeps getting better. Jump on board.

Comment

I got another automatic update notice from mozilla that the new FF upgrade is ready. (Does everyone else get these notifications?) I downloaded and installed it A-OK. It's ver. 1.5.0.6

ae

Comment

Originally posted by alleyes1
                                        I got another automatic update notice from mozilla that the new FF upgrade is ready. (Does everyone else get these notifications?) I downloaded and installed it A-OK. It's ver. 1.5.0.6

ae
                                        Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by alleyes1

ae
                                          No! I had to find 1.5.0.6 myself. And I do have problems with FF and AW but I find if I stop and come right bac in most stop.
                                          So I do not worry about it. IE7 is a dressed up clone of FF and FF does not like it. They are trying to stave off all the Pops and Trojans that infest all versions of IE. I switch to WinXP x64 with my new chip and it seems to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii
                                            Interesting - why not?
                                            Mr Vd would get upset if i turned this into a browser war thread, but FF is like krispy Kremes a lot of hype.

It works for sure but is still getting there, many different add ons needed to do the basic stuff and this is resource heavy, It will have to lift its game when Vista and IE7 are in full swing.

Comment

Mr Vd would get upset if i turned this into a browser war thread, but FF is like krispy Kremes a lot of hype.

It works for sure but is still getting there, many different add ons needed to do the basic stuff and this is resource heavy, It will have to lift its game when Vista and IE7 are in full swing.
                                              Oooh, them's fightin' words bud!

Nah, everyone should use what they're comfortable with. S'cool...

Hey, like kittens we're all attracted to new & shiny stuff.

Comment

I come across another forum that I post at that has 1.4 million members that looks terrible in FF and you do not get all the features in FF

Comment

I come across another forum that I post at that has 1.4 million members that looks terrible in FF and you do not get all the features in FF
                                                  That's because that forum is not coded to the current web standards - that's down to negligence and not FF's fault.
                                                  Still, whatever the reason, it doesn't seem to work for you so fair enough.

Once all sites are standards compliant, and FF has evolved a bit more I'm sure you'll also see the light.
                                                  Until then, perhaps you're right to stick to IE - horrifying as that thought is!

Comment

Why is it horrifying?

Comment

Why is it horrifying?
                                                      That someone would consider IE to be the best choice of browsers out there at the moment is personally quite hard to understand.

Like I said, I could never see myself completely giving up FF for IE, but I totally respect other people's choices.

Comment

But you have still not explained what is frightening

as you said its personaly choice, I use FF on this site cos it loads the pages faster. I use ie most of the time as it shows all that is on a page and loads other sites faster. neither browser is perfect they bith have many faults.

FF can be crashed and hacked as easy as IE so neither is safer then the other, I tend to look at it like Krispy kremes people queue for hours for them etc, but they are crap... its just good marketing

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                        Working...
                                                        X