Downloading Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading Problem

When I signed up a few days ago, I was able to download several clips, some mpeg's and some wmv's, some less than 10 minutes, some more than 10 minutes. However, yesterday and today, my downloads begin, but after a few minutes I get an error pop-up that states I cannot download because "connection with the server was reset." I'm as dumb as a box of rocks, so don't know what this means. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi fredster! The same thing has been happening to me, only my error message says "the server file could not be read". I use Firefox. I have been able to download the Best of Petria list from Internet Explorer, but could not download the video newsletter in either browser. I am sure someone will fix it soon. PS. Welcome to the boards--don't be a stranger; we're a pretty nice bunch here. Artie

Comment

I've had some probelms too, I went and got a free download of Leechget and that solved my probelm .When using IE 6 save target as would work for a part of the download and then would stop ,cleared the cache and that didn't seem to help much ,leechget works .

Comment

I had the same problem downloading Evie's #3 et # 4, but retried and worked the second time around. I'm using IE 6.

Comment

Originally posted by fredster
          ..., my downloads begin, but after a few minutes I get an error pop-up that states I cannot download because "connection with the server was reset." ....
          I have had similar problems in the past. VidDud recommended I download the free program "Leechget" and I use it all the time now. Never anymore problems now. Easy to use, loads quickly and easily and does not effect anything else. It is compatible witht he mess of stuff I have on my computer and gives me the choice of using it or the normal micosoft download, any time I want.

More information can be found in the FAQ section of AbbyWinters including a link to the download.

Good luck.

Geo

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain
            I had the same problem downloading Evie's #3 et # 4, but retried and worked the second time around. I'm using IE 6.
            Yeah network to the AW servers seems to be a bit sluggish at the moment. That will probably pass in 24 hours, most network congestion problems do Using a download manager does hide some of those problems and does help in getting the files you want. (I'm using 'Free Download Manager' which works fine for me)

Comment

Thanks guys! Downloaded LeechGet and it downloaded a wmv file just like that (although it did not seem to work on an mpeg file), but then my Media Player did not play it because it did not recognize/take the file extension/type. Is there something else about LeechGet (or my Media Player) I need to know or do?

Comment

Did it really download a wmv, or did it actually download a small text file that actually was an error message?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X