webcams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webcams

I need everyones help. Im trying to drum up some support for regular webcam shows. I figure if anyone who is interested can post here as a petition including some models who may be keen to do some shows then we may be able to convince abby that they are a good thing. They dont have to be tier 3 just a lovely young lass chatting and posing live an webcam

please let me know what you think

Hi, Gkp.

We've had this discussion before, though I can't find the thread.

Basically the problem is that to be fair to all it would have to be a 24 hour/day operation because we have members all over the world. Then you'd have to set up the technical infrastructure to support it, VidDude et al would have to be available for a whole new set of glitches that the users will run into because of the variety of computers they use...

I'd suggest you start going through the thousands of hours of videos we have , scrunch them down to a smaller size and do something to make them grainy and choppy, and pretend they are from webcams.

(Sorry about the sarcasm, I can't help it. It's just the way I am. I take medications for it but it just comes out unexpectedly. )

Comment

Originally posted by arsby
      (Sorry about the sarcasm, I can't help it. It's just the way I am. I take medications for it but it just comes out unexpectedly. )
      gkp ... arsby is lying. He doesn't take medication for it and I when I read your post I knew that he would be sarcastic.

... bad arsby! go to your room

Comment

Hi, Gkp.

We've had this discussion before, though I can't find the thread.
        Click here for one of the threads.. Arsby I guess you knew who it would be who started it so you didn't want to look to hard

Basically the problem is that to be fair to all it would have to be a 24 hour/day operation because we have members all over the world. Then you'd have to set up the technical infrastructure to support it, VidDude et al would have to be available for a whole new set of glitches that the users will run into because of the variety of computers they use...

I'd suggest you start going through the thousands of hours of videos we have , scrunch them down to a smaller size and do something to make them grainy and choppy, and pretend they are from webcams.

Must be a slow Sunday

oncall

Comment

I can't really see the point in adding a webcam show part to this (and yes, I could have said this in previous threads, but I'm a lazy fucker today). For one thing, I know it would drive up the cost of membership. The AW staff is relativly small, and they would have to add, I'm sure, at least 2 people to run the webcams. Plus, the models aren't just hanging out at AWHQ for fun. They would have to be paid for all those hours of sitting there doing whatever. All that put together would probably raise the monthly rate by something like 50%, and that would be out of reach for viewers like me.

Comment

i'd do webcam maybe, but i'd have to be paid a lot for it. and i'd only do nude, nothing explicit. and i'd have to do it from home, as i'm too far away from AWHQ. it'd be a cool thing to have on the site, but it's something that can be tricky to run and can cost a lot.

Comment

Perhaps a compromise could be reached. If an individual model wanted to set up her OWN webcam as part of a personal website, then AW could have a link as part of a model's public profile or something. Then AW doesn't have to pay anyone for it, and the model would get all the money. I guess there could even be some sort of pay to AW for the model's adspace, but that's beyond my business.

Comment

thats the beauty with webcam is that anyone can do it as long as they have a cam and internet access. as to the probs it creates, yes it would be a pain to set up but once running would require little work. Other sites seem ok with it (even some free sites). As a long time subscriber to AW I am happy with the site as it is but I jut thought a webcam show would be something new to add. it doesnt have to happen every day it could be a special event type thing. what ever i was just curious as to what people thought. i guess ill keep my ideas to myself

Comment

yeah i would do it if the pay was good, but i can see that it would be very hard to organise and to keep everyone happy, especially if it is live, as not everyone would be able to watch it live etc.

Comment

I personally think live webcams are a lot less interesting than people think. They're so called "interactive" but that means they're a lot more open to people being abusive and grossly offensive towards the model.

Non-live webcams, where they've premade a little show that can have streamed playback on demand might be a more realistic idea, but that sounds more like a whole new website concept to me.

Comment

I would agree with Vid Dude but I think any model willing to do this would be prepared to handle rude customers. And as to pay, it might be a financial headache but I would think it could work on a commission basis.

I'm not trying to take a side in this. I think it's funny this thread popped up just as i started goofing around on a web-cam site. It's too early to really give an opinion about how i feel about web-cams in general. I would say on the one hand if there is a willing model who is well informed of the "risks" involved, and she has control over her feed to the point where she can boot offensive customers and the technical issue and financial matters can be worked out it may be possible to add this to the site.

But please be aware I am only playing devils advocate. I am not saying I want this in any way! I'm also willing to consider this sort of thing would suck, even on abbywinters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
                        I personally think live webcams are ...a lot more open to people being ... grossly offensive ....
                        Non-live webcams, where they've premade a little show ...sounds more like a whole new website concept to me.
                        The live webcam would not seem to me to be consistent with the concept of A.W. especially if it was interactive. It to easily deteriorates. VidDude has enough problems maintaining the integratiy of the Forums where there is a lot more of time to intervene to correct inapropreate exchanges.

The non-live premade show seems to me to be the same as what we have, which you can run as a streaming video if you want. (but what do I know LOL.)

Geo

Comment

This appears not to be all that much about webcams perse, but more about live chatting and interaction. You do that with normal fullsize camera's just fine Using a webcams doesn't reduce the other problems in size. For starters, what TIME to do chat sessions at? Oz-time evenings would obviously be most convenient for the models, but hardly for the AW-crew. That would be about 14:00-ish over here in Europe and early morning in the US... so that's one problem with going live (I moderated IRC channels and chats years ago, getting the US and Europe online at the same time was hard enough;-).

I don't see much advantages in being live, questions on forums get answered fairly quickly and any member from any region can read the questions & answer when he/she wants to. I suppose the video image of the model sitting behind her pc might be nice (webcams are no longer only low-res junk btw.) but for how long ? What do you want the model to do (requiring video) ??

I guess the idea doesn't appeal to me that much. If I crave live interaction I can go to the bar/disco downtown

Tech Support initially would be a nightmare too I imagine, poor bandwidth and image quality and such.. choppy bandwidth is much easier noticed on a live-freed compared to a file download.

-Frans

Comment

Time to add another couple of terrabytes of bandwidth to the bill if this idea goes ahead......

Comment

This may be off subject but here goes. I have a cam but have used it very little. I think it has something to do with age. I am over 50 yrs old and don't think the girls would be interested in a Web Cam conversation with me. (inferiority)? Text is fine and allows editing. For 20+yr persons I understand the desire. However that being said, the management of the thing would be atrocious. There are, from what I have observed, been plenty of sites including My Space that provide this service and the Models could, if they desired provide addresses, if legal, and Aw would be released from the pblms, and Liability that could be inoccured.
                              My Son (30) uses these Websites regularly.
                              p/s fyi Since I now have an osx10, he also tells me to take a baseball batt to my PC. Small wonder as he works for Apple in Cupertino.
                              No, it didn't help in the purchase price and he doesn't know Steve. I WILL be broke for a while.
                              My 2 cents worth.
                              pps Lux... He SEEMS to be working out ok.
                              Last edited by ham; 8 September 2006, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ham
                                I am over 50 yrs old and don't think the girls would be interested in a Web Cam conversation with me.
                                Ham - I think you do the girls a big injustice. Unless I have lost the ability to read character altogether, I can think of at least half a dozen of them who would be way more interested in what you had to say than what you look like.....

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X