Playback problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback problem

I have a playback problem with G/G PJ video 1. It plays good until it reaches 6:35 to 7:10 and beyond that its ok. I have copy and paste this error report-

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I played the other 2 and they went well and I download the 4th right now. The player I using Window Media Player and the file is wmv. If the 4th and the 5th file works fine I will redownload Download g_pyjama_girlsvid1. using mpg.

Gerza71.

An update, The 4th and the 5th video of the G/G PJ played good with wmv extension. Only the g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv I have problems with. I played it with another media player and it stopped. I will download the first Video of G/G PJ with the mpg extension after I get sick and tied getting killed in multiplayer game through the internet.

Gerza71

Comment

Originally posted by Gerza71
      An update, The 4th and the 5th video of the G/G PJ played good with wmv extension. Only the g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv I have problems with. I played it with another media player and it stopped. I will download the first Video of G/G PJ with the mpg extension after I get sick and tied getting killed in multiplayer game through the internet.

Gerza71
      I think you need to download the g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv file again (rename the old existing g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv to another name first) , it probably somehow got corrupted during download or on disk. My g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv plays fine, even the specific region you mention. As you can play the other files fine, including a large portion of the g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv file, it's likely that file is damaged somehow.

Comment

After my multi player session and whilst I was counting Zzz, I have downloaded the mpg version of the g_pyjama_girlsvid1. The wmv is clearer then the mpg, but I have no problems viewing it. It must me codec issues.

Thanks for your tip fransAW but it is the first time ever happened to me with this site and the other site subscribe to until end of next month. You must have something that I haven't got. I tried to download something like a codec (which I later find out is for XP mark I) that I haven't got or a DVD plugin to fix the problem but I have to pay for it through the net. As I don't have a credit card the poses a problem to me.

The computer I got is an Intel P4 3.2 with HT with 512MB RAM with Windows XP mark II, with IE6. My graphics card is a 125mb ATI Radeon X300 series.

From
        Gerza71

Comment

Originally posted by Gerza71
          After my multi player session and whilst I was counting Zzz, I have downloaded the mpg version of the g_pyjama_girlsvid1. The wmv is clearer then the mpg, but I have no problems viewing it. It must me codec issues.
          No. All the files were encoded using the exact same codec, if one or more files can played ALL of them can be played. So the g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv file you have must be incorrect. I recommend you rename the current g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv you have to bad.wmv and download g_pyjama_girlsvid1.wmv from the site again. More than likely it will now work just fine.

I tried to download something like a codec (which I later find out is for XP mark I) that I haven't got or a DVD plugin to fix the problem but I have to pay for it through the net. As I don't have a credit card the poses a problem to me.
          You're confusing things. You do NOT need a dvd (mpeg2) codec to view WMV files. The WMV codec is built-into Windows Media Player (sort of) and you will never need an external download to play WMVs using Windows Media Player.

The computer I got is an Intel P4 3.2 with HT with 512MB RAM with Windows XP mark II, with IE6. My graphics card is a 125mb ATI Radeon X300 series.
          Those specs are fine to play WMVs with, as can be verified by viewing the 2,3,4 and 5 files you already have. I repeat, if only ONE file from a set of FIVE can not be played it is VERY likely that only that ONE file is corrupt. Since I have a correct 1 file of that set in WMV, the file you have downloaded must have become corrupt and you just need to re-download it.

(and certainly you don't need to pay for a codec you don't NEED at all!)

-Frans

Comment

This morning after several tries to get in this site, I re-download the g_pyjamavid1_wmv and it worked this time. You were right fransAW. But it still the first time it happened to me. It must be interference whilst downloading or something like that.

Gerza71

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X