Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else experiencing very slow download-speed at this moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else experiencing very slow download-speed at this moment?

Hi all!

Right now, it is almost midnight (GMT) and I can download videos at only 2 Kbps..... so that takes 6 hours downloading for a 50MB video. I have a fast broadband connection, and the speedtests are telling me everything is OK.

Anyone else same problem?

Kind regards, abbycted

Hi ,I'm in new york state and my download speed seems normal for my connection ,broadband too (550-675 kps)

Comment

Hi abbycted,

I have no speed issues at all here in the UK.
      Downloading at 1150KB/s.. are you using a download manager at all?

Comment

Hi, Abbycted, Hi, Schnitzel, welcome to the boards!

Everything's hunky dory here in Philly as well.

Are you located in Great Britain, Abbycted? (guessing since you said GMT.) Any other Great Britons around with problems?

Comment

Every so often we have a couple of people who complain of slow speeds, but the vast majority of users are experiencing normal rapid speeds. This is usually caused by a routing issue, something we have no control over, and something that just has to be ridden out.

Comment

Just thought I'd add in this, incase it's of any use.

When I'm browsing the site, I notice tonight that the pages seem to take a long time to appear from when I click a link, sometimes I actually click the link several times.
            However when I've actually started something downloading, it's maxing my connection out.

The forums are fast too.

Comment

Hi everyone- In case this helps- was going to report this a few days ago, but thought it was all my PC- Since about Monday, I am getting slow responses from clicking on individual photos to one of my saved categories- but it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I get page can't be found or server can't be found. Just got kicked out for the 2nd time and had to sign in again, but that may be related to the Hacker thing.I'm in upstate NY. Video downloads seem to be fine. -Snapple

Comment

Yeh ,I just downloaded Max's video's at what seems to be twice my normal speed,things look to be improving at this time

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X