Pull-down menu not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull-down menu not working

When I'm on the forums, I sometimes like to go back to the main page by using the pull-down menu at the top left of the screen. But when I try that tonight, I just get an error message. If I go elsewhere on the site, though, I can use the pull-down menu from there.

Don't know if it matters, but I'm using Firefox with Windows XP.

EDIT -- the text of the error I get is as follows:

Not Found

The requested URL /vbulletin/main.php was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.1.4 Server at forums.abbywinters.com Port 80

Aha. We made a change to the menus for the main site, but I see that it affects the subdomains. I shall correct this. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Ah nuts... I knew Willow, Vid Dude and myself discussed making this change last week, and at the time I had a feeling that something else also needed to be done to make it fully effective, but I couldn't put my finger on it...

I noticed the forum menu link to the main site was actually broken on the weekend... but, being me set about my ways, I didn't even blink twice about it... instead I simply edited the URL in my browser's location bar manually, and then subsequently forgot about the whole issue

Hats off to Captain for bringing it to attention. Just goes to show that developers are not necessarily the best testers!

Comment

The forum menu link to the main site was broken this morning so OK I thought maybe you blokes needed some time to fix it. However, now the forum menu link to the main site now takes you back to..... the forum.

Comment

I know! Now it's clear why it was set up the way it was. We will have to figure out an alternative.

Comment

Hi All,
            I went on to the video gallery and when I roll accross the drop down menus for content, membership and extras the menus drop down behind the drop down section and list bars. Is this intended to happen or an undecovered fault on that page.?

I'm using IE. 1024x768

Johnew

Comment

What version of IE are you using?

Comment

Hi Vid Dude

IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

johnew

Comment

The problem here is that form fields always take precedent over HTML. You cannot change their heirarchy at all. It's something to do with the fact that they aren't drawn by the browser, they're drawn by the Operating System. I don't understand why this is, it's a bit weird if you ask me.

Anyway, the only way for us to circumvent this is to place the Search functions in a different place on the page so they don't overlap the menus. Not sure how to achieve that without a serious rearrangement.

Comment

Thanks for looking into that Vid Dude. It's not a problem. It just looked a little bit strange the first time seeing it.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X