Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please

i have owned a Canon S30 for a few years and quite like it, but now I want something with a zoom. I would like to take a picture from adistance, say half a block and be able to get a closeup of someone. I love candid photography and am more interested in the macro zoom ability than I would be in a micro zoom ability. I want this in digital.
    Now I want the camera to do the work for me as I know that on a regular SLR to take such a picture, any shaking would distort the picture. I hope to have a digital that will factor in that hands are not always still and eliminate the need for a tripod. I hope I am making sense. Also, the fact that I want to take candid shots, in most cases the subject will not be stationary.

I do not need lots of extras. I looked at the Canon D1 and while it is tempting I do not have the knowledge base to use such a professional camera.

I work in South Korea and travel to the Philippines, Thailand and Hong Kong quite often. I wish to do a lot of travel photography. I do not want to pack 6000.00 worth of camera around, so I am looking at something in the range of US1000.00.

Can anyone suggest some camera that would fit my needs? Thank you

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
Working...
X