Difficulty logging in with Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulty logging in with Firefox

Hitherto I have normally used Safari to access AW, and am still doing to with no access problems as far as AW is concerned.

However, having recently downloaded Firefox to try it out, I find I can't get past the login AW window when using it: after completing all the entries including the security code, I am just presented with another login window, and the whole thing simply recycles so that if I were to continue attempting to log in I would be locked out after 8 unsuccessful attempts. So for the time being I have given up trying to access AW with Firefox -- but I'd
    still like to be able to.

AW seems to be the only site I am having this problem with. Any ideas why, and what to do about it?

takochan

Hi Takochan,

I'm no expert on this, but I wonder if it isn't related to cookies. Take a look at this FAQ about deleting old cookies,etc. and see if it doesn't help.

If nothing works for you, you can always go to the support page

Comment

This certainly does sound like a cookie-related problem. I use either Firefox or Mozilla 1.7.13 to access with no problems now on either. From what you say it seems that each time the browser refreshes it thinks you are starting a new session -- hence the return to the login.

I would be inclined to clean out all existing AW cookies for a start. In Firefox, under Tools | Options | Privacy | Cookies click on the View Cookies button, and search for any AW ones, and remove them. Then, on Tools | Options | Privacy | Cookies ensure that you have "Allow sites to set cookies" checked and nothing checked for "for the originating site only" and "unless I have removed cookies set by the site". Set Keep Cookies "until they expire".

Those are the settings which work well for me.

Comment

It could also be that you are entering the wrong login details, but that's probably not too likely.

Comment

I've been using FF for AW from day 1 - works perfectly (thanks to Willow & VD's efforts I assume).
          Did have an issue logging into the boards last week (though AW login was fine), but Vid Dude sorted that out immediately.

Check your privacy settings, and also have a look at any user-set prefs in about:config.

Comment

Thanks everyone who's made suggestions. Nothiong's worked., so I'm giving up. I'll just stick to Safari for AW.

takochan

Comment

Fire Fox

Originally posted by takochan View Post
              Thanks everyone who's made suggestions. Nothiong's worked., so I'm giving up. I'll just stick to Safari for AW.

takochan
              I went through the same thing with FF, never could get it to work, even though I'd been using Mozilla for ages.

Began having problems seeing pics in the forums, so eventually gave up Mozilla and switched to IE

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X