Default Result Sorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Result Sorting

The default result sorting - how's it meant to work?
    For example, coming off the Model List page, the results appear to be randomly displayed (i.e. not by date added, nor name, etc).

Every time, I then have to click 'Reverse Order' to get the results sorted by date last added, which is how I want them to be displayed.
    What's the reason for this? Is it not possible to tie default result sorting to user preferences?

they are sorted by debut date (like it say), oldest shot is first.

Obviously, we could make it anything, but I am not sure why any option makes more sense than any other. What do you think?

I like the idea of showing "oldest first" - I often think the models added to the site in the early years don't get the attention they deserve, that people mostly only look at the newer stuff. It's a bit sad. So I think it's good to show oldest-first in these results sometimes.

Comment

Now that you've explained, I completely agree with your reasoning. So don't change it.
      However, at first glance this won't be obvious to many users. It looked unsorted to me, and I've been a member for several months.

Suggestions:
      1. Put a mouse-over pop-up on the Reverse Order button saying "Default Sort Debut Date" or similar.
      Advantages: The message will only pop-up if the cursor is over the button, therefore a) won't clutter the existing page with extra text, and b) won't impact the current page style. [Est. effort: Code, Test, & Implement: ~1MD.]

2. [Optional] Long-term: Look into adding a default sort feature to the user prefs ('My AW' or direct).
      I for one demand this feature of any application I interact with that presents data, so I'm sure it'd be appreciated by a lot of users.

Secondly, as you well know, you can present this as a special 'enhancement'/'feature upgrade' on the AW Home page & NL for PR purposes.
      Downside: It'll take some effort/cost to realise (hence the 'long-term').
      [Est. effort: Code, Test, & Implement: ~3MD.]

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
        they are sorted by debut date (like it say), oldest shot is first.

Obviously, we could make it anything, but I am not sure why any option makes more sense than any other. What do you think?
        If I click on most of those lists I get them sorted on 'Date Added to List' ? That is somewhat confusing because

a) adding isn't done in any particulair order
        b) the date being sorted on isn't visible anywhere

Sorting on 'Debut Date' makes perfect sense since that's the date that is displayed next to the pics right?

Search-options for public non-site lists are a bit higher up on my wishlist though

-Frans

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X