custom downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom downloads

I custom down loaded Ainslee large image file. Because it is too big I tried to download it in parcels. The second parcel always was the same as the first one even if dine next day. I tried to delete old files from internet options. Always the result was the first downloaded file. Kindly advise.

Kronful

Originally posted by kronful View Post
    I custom down loaded Ainslee large image file. Because it is too big I tried to download it in parcels. The second parcel always was the same as the first one even if dine next day. I tried to delete old files from internet options. Always the result was the first downloaded file. Kindly advise.

Kronful
    You tried to download Ainslee's LARGE images set, but it was to big to download for you? Have you tried using a download manager ? That usually solves such problems, it will also resume downloading if it gets interrupted for whatever reason.

How did you try to download it all in one set, did you click on the ready-made zip or did you use 'check all in image-set' on the picture page and then download like so? If you did that you need to click 'uncheck all in image-set' and then click 'check on page' or whatever pictures you want to download. Repeat this per page, to easily download in smaller sets.

Again, using a download manager makes life a lot easier for you since it will worry about when/how-much to transfer ;-)

(the cookies that remember which picture is checked for download in a set are very sticky, that has advantages I suppose but takes some getting used to)

-Frans

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
      You tried to download Ainslee's LARGE images set, but it was to big to download for you? Have you tried using a download manager ? That usually solves such problems, it will also resume downloading if it gets interrupted for whatever reason.

How did you try to download it all in one set, did you click on the ready-made zip or did you use 'check all in image-set' on the picture page and then download like so? If you did that you need to click 'uncheck all in image-set' and then click 'check on page' or whatever pictures you want to download. Repeat this per page, to easily download in smaller sets.

Again, using a download manager makes life a lot easier for you since it will worry about when/how-much to transfer ;-)

(the cookies that remember which picture is checked for download in a set are very sticky, that has advantages I suppose but takes some getting used to)

-Frans

i tried to custom download in three sets. set no 1 was from pic1 to pic 24 from pages 1 to 3. i discovered when i finished that all the three sets were identical, i.e. the same pics. the second download ignored the new checked pics and donloaded the ones checked in the first set. i repeated the trial after deleting temorary internet files. i got the same results pics 1 to 24.

i use DAP download manager but not with custom downloads

kronful

Comment

Originally posted by kronful View Post
        i tried to custom download in three sets. set no 1 was from pic1 to pic 24 from pages 1 to 3. i discovered when i finished that all the three sets were identical, i.e. the same pics. the second download ignored the new checked pics and donloaded the ones checked in the first set. i repeated the trial after deleting temorary internet files. i got the same results pics 1 to 24.
        Ok, I see what you mean with 'too big'. If you want to download ALL the big images go to the 'Images & Video' tab;
        http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...ile&model=1634 and then look down the page until you see:
        "View imageset: Extra Large Images - 159 pics Download ZIP: XX 167.5Mb" click where the XX is (it's a picture really) and you will download the entire large image set in one zip.

The custom zip function won't let you do that. Furthmore it will give you an error saying so when you attempt to select all pictures on page3 (having selected page1 and 2 already). So whatever you did select it wasn't 1-24 from pages 1,2 and 3 because that would have given you an error popupbox.

Still, to download the entire set please do download the pre-made zip, much nicer for the server too

-Frans

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X