site content management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site content management

See attachment. Idea, not so outlandish (hardly original) for efficient user interface to content of all kinds.
    An addition to site's good interface features.
    One of advantages of chronological hierarchy is that user identifies at a glance what is new since last visit to site.
    Attached Files

Does the model list on the sitemap not satisfy you here? You can sort it by date of when the content was released.

Comment

Originally posted by valerie View Post
      Does the model list on the sitemap not satisfy you here? You can sort it by date of when the content was released.
      Good feature for its purpose which is broad.
      Does not include the content items
      (news, IM, fora that received postings, image set, ggT2, lists updated, etc.).

Comment

You want all our daily updates in a tree format? That seems very... bland.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
          very... bland.
          1) And sitemap is not bland?

2)
          Originally posted by 6chara
          An addition to site's good interface features.
          meaning not a replacement of non-bland things, nor of other bland things.

Comment

Doesn't the News Archive page give you a nice... well archive of stuff posted?

-Frans

Comment

Don't forget that there's also been discussion of RSS, which, IMHO, seems like a possible way of achieving this.

Perhaps a podcasting setup for the videos as well could be a consideration... sounds great if you're a wage slave who can only check the site once a week, and needs their Abby update to be as convenient as possible...

I reckon the advanced search dialog in the model gallery ought to have a feature for matching all sets released/updated within a last given timeframe (eg. 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc); that way, you could bookmark the resulting URL generated and then just refer to that whenever you hit up the site.

Willow, I think I may have created some more work for you...

Comment

6chara: Actually, come to think of it, just bookmark this link; it'll give you all the sets that have recently been released/updated, in reverse chronological order. Oh, and you also have pretty pictures to go by as well Hope this helps.

Comment

I can tell that all are trying to be helpful. The good intentions are commendable, the comments miss the mark.
                  Yes, the many content types individually are date-orderable. My idea consolidates them:
                  Originally posted by 6chara View Post
                  (news, IM, fora that received postings, image set, ggT2, lists updated, etc.).
                  ( In these my response postings, I am not lobbying for it. Just clarifying.)

Comment

That would be more of an RSS feed system, preferably with several feeds so one can differentiate. Keep in mind there are thousands of public lists so getting on whenever one is update would create... a lot of items ;-)

I don't see the need for such a combination though; most of the info *I* need is on the news page (news, IM, image set & ggT2 all there). On the forum I just press 'New posts' and I get all the posts since my last visit, wouldn't want to combine that with a news/update page really.

More information combined doesn't always give you a better overview you know.

-Frans

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X