Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger Pics... Please?

Hi,

I've been a member of AW on and off since the very beginning of the site. First of all, let me say that I love absolutely everything about AW... the beautiful models, the natural genre, the "girl next door" look. It's always been a favorite of mine.

I have noticed, however, that the picture sizes have changed very little since I first joined years ago (aside from the extra large images, of course). The images used to be relatively large and that was one reason I loved this site. I really don't watch the movies much but I wish every pic set had a larger initial resolution or at least had a zip file option for bigger pictures for every model. I have a large monitor and I am disappointed by the normal picture sizes so much that I hardly even look at the normal sized pictures anymore except to look and think, "She's gorgeous, I really wish those were bigger pictures." What are the chances of going back and putting up extra large images for every model (or nearly every model), even if it were a zip only option that could be previewed with normal sized pics?

Thank you for your consideration! Keep rocking.

What resolution are you running and at what size of display?

I run 1280x1024 on 19" and most of the pictures are big enough for me. I do wonder how the resolution was decided though, 981 x 1472 reads like a very deliberatly decided-on size/res (which is prolly 'cos I'm expecting computer-screen sizes like 1600x1200;-).

The 'extra large' image-sets will probably be to your liking but indeed not all sets have them. Would make them less special Don't know how much extra work an XL set is, the pictures have to be transferred from camera anyway and selection is already done for the 'normal' size set?

What is the picture-size (resolution, not filesize) as-is from the camera? Prolly HUGE

-Frans

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post

What is the picture-size (resolution, not filesize) as-is from the camera? Prolly HUGE

-Frans
      I do some of the editing of the raw images, and they are indeed huge. I'm not at my home computer now so I can't give you a resolution, but the images average 1.2 MB each. I think they are in the 2500 to 3000 range on the long dimension, I can tell you for sure later.

You take one of those spread closeups and zoom in at that resolution, it's friggin scary, you think you're gonna get eaten up alive by the pink-and-bumpy monster.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
        You take one of those spread closeups and zoom in at that resolution, it's friggin scary, you think you're gonna get eaten up alive by the pink-and-bumpy monster.
        LOL... so I guess you auto-resize 'm for editing/viewing? Unless you got a LARGE screen as well

-Frans

Comment

LOL... so I guess you auto-resize 'm for editing/viewing? Unless you got a LARGE screen as well
          You're talking about my immense 28" monitor? Size counts, donchaknow!
          Seriously, I do editing on a desktop-replacement-size laptop with a 17" screen, and my image viewing software (Compupic) automatically sizes the images to full-screen as I scroll through the sets.
          Usually the only reason I'd zoom in is to check that an image is acceptably in focus. If I let an out of focus image into a set Penny (used to be Abby) gives me a whack upside the head. (figuratively speaking, of course)

Comment

The same dimensions as the Extra Large images we already provide. But even larger in filesize, as we compress them again when editing the brand and colour-correcting.

Comment

I've got a 25inch 1920 by 1600 monitor. The regular sized pics just don't fill the screen very well. I also use Compupic to view pics. I really like the extra large images and they work excellent in a slide show. So how bout it Vid dude? Would it be possible to post an extra large set for every model? If not that, how about either an extra large zip only or intermediate size zip file for each set? Please? Anyone else with me on this?

Comment

Don't look at me, appeal to higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                  Don't look at me, appeal to higher up.
                  Wasn't there a survey about use of those 'extra large' sets a couple of months ago? Wonder what results that had.

@what14: I don't think many people visiting this site will have a such a huge monitor You could use the site Feedback option to ask for ExtraLarge sets for all future sets (not sure done sets can be reprocessed for extra-large).

-Frans

Comment

Originally posted by what14 View Post
                    I've got a 25inch 1920 by 1600 monitor. The regular sized pics just don't fill the screen very well. I also use Compupic to view pics. I really like the extra large images and they work excellent in a slide show. So how bout it Vid dude? Would it be possible to post an extra large set for every model? If not that, how about either an extra large zip only or intermediate size zip file for each set? Please? Anyone else with me on this?
                    I use a 32 WS LCD screen and have an unlimited broadband account

Count me in

Comment

Originally posted by hereagin View Post
                      I use a 32 WS LCD screen and have an unlimited broadband account

Count me in
                      At what distance from the screen do you work/play then? Seems to me such a huge screen would require a massive distance, got a cordless keyboard ??

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X