Sound Only Q&A interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Only Q&A interviews

We're going to trial a new project - sound-only interviews with models. The interview questions will be ones you, the members, submit to us. This stemmed off an idea from this thread. What do you think?

We've got the ball rolling for the first model to be interviewed: Chloe B. We'll be interviewing her Monday a week (first Monday in December) so you have until then to submit questions, either in the thread I'm about to set up for it, or by filling in this form here.

So this thread is to discuss the concept, and we'll have other threads for questions themselves. If you don't otherwise note it on the form or in the thread, we'll consider mentioning your username as the person asking the question. We reserve the right to filter through questions and not have the model answer them if we (or she!) prefer.

Here's the thread for questions for Chloe to answer later.

Comment

Ahhh my lovly ChloeB. Such nice pillows to rest ones head upon....
      I especially love your video shoots. I know Paula is a good friend, shooting with her seemed natural (beautiful), do you (strawberry) plan to do more, and your moments with others (roasanna) are stunning. doing T3 is so erotic. Do you get excited before a shoot with a new partner, or just become excited? Who else do you wish to shoot with?

Comment

Hmm. Interesting idea, Val. What's the delivery going to be? A file we download, like the videos? Streaming audio feed, like a podcast?

Do we get to see Backstage pics — you know, Chloe B at the microphone, sort of thing?

Comment

How much more trouble would it be to have the interview on video? Sort of like a non-naked redux

Comment

'Fraid I don't get it.
            - Still pictures without sound - great.
            - Videos with both image & sound - great.
            - Videos with no sound - not great, but tolerable.
            - Sound only - I'm afraid I don't get it.
            A way to ask models questions? That's what the boards are for, isn't it?

Comment

Sound only does not do it for me, I am with Bondii on this one.
              Answer looking for a problem? I think so.
              My Apple Mac is multimedia, so I want MULTI media, not mono media.

Comment

One: It's in addition to what you're already getting, not instead of. If it doesn't interest you, don't download it.
                Two: You can enjoy these interviews in situations where video would be inappropriate.

I'm looking forward to playing them on headphones while I'm at work. You could also burn to CD and play them in your car.

Comment

OK I am with it now, you should have called them Pod Casts!
                  Great, download the MP3 and play it on your iPod on the train journey to work.

I take it all back, Sorry.

Comment

RSS would be a great way to distribute them, but can that be restricted by password? I don't know.

Comment

i like this idea i think hearing the models voice would be very sexy, especially if she is talking about her fantasies or the way she touched herself the night before....

Comment

This is about getting to know the models as people, rather than just as nude models. This is also a chance to ask questions to models who may not be posting on the boards. We'll be taking some backstage pics, of course, but the point of this is not more nudity, but a deeper appreciating for the characters, thoughts and ideas of the women on this site.

Originally posted by vaxalon
                        It's in addition to what you're already getting, not instead of. If it doesn't interest you, don't download it.
                        exactly. It's just something Jo and I came up with, just a little bonus

We'll try to have them in lotsa formats, will hopefully be doing podcasting, mp3s, etc.

Comment

I think it's a neat idea.

Comment

Originally posted by valerie View Post

We'll try to have them in lotsa formats, will hopefully be doing podcasting, mp3s, etc.
                            Glad to hear it. As a regular podcast listener, I hope to be able to add the RSS to my podcatcher.

How long do you expect these to be? Half hour to an hour?

Comment

Does this mean there's potential to interview a girl by phone, using some sort of technology? I mean, girls who are posting but are no longer in Melbourne don't need to be physically in Melbourne to have a 'sound only' interview.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii View Post
                                Sound only - I'm afraid I don't get it.
                                A way to ask models questions? That's what the boards are for, isn't it?
                                I get it! It's BBC Radio 4 (or your local equivalent) meets Abbywinters.com. I shall look forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Martyhulk View Post
                                  Does this mean there's potential to interview a girl by phone, using some sort of technology? I mean, girls who are posting but are no longer in Melbourne don't need to be physically in Melbourne to have a 'sound only' interview.
                                  Skype is one way, but heck, with the right equipment you can get a decent interview off the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyhulk View Post

Just a thought.
                                    That's an interesting idea, advantage of a sound-only interview indeed. Not sure how good the local Oz phone-lines are though International is prolly via satelite or proper sea cables so that should be ok (though expensive;-).

I just hope I'll be able to understand the accents of some girls ;-)

-Frans

Comment

Vaxalon, yeah, 30-60 minutes I'm guessing. It's gonna be my first time doing this (I'll do some tests of course), and the answer may change, but that's the aim at the moment.

As for phone stuff, we have some master electricians who are excited about splicing phone lines into mics to get far-away models to participate. I've casually asked lots of models (including those who don't post) and no one has said no.

Originally posted by busdriver
                                      I get it! It's BBC Radio 4 (or your local equivalent) meets Abbywinters.com. I shall look forward to this!
                                      Ooo tell me more about BBC Radio 4 please!

Comment

If you make this a regular feature, please PLEASE put it out with an RSS feed. That makes it SO much easier.

Comment

As an idea, I think it's a pretty good one, and I agree that hearing a model's voice would maybe complete our appreciation of her but - I can foresee members coming up with questions which either probe areas which Abby wouldn't want probed or which the model would feel less than comfortable answering. Are the questions going to be moderated ? How about the answers ? I know I'm being devil's advocate here, but I wonder if the whole thing might cause more hassle than it's worth.....?

Comment

Originally posted by dacooper
                                            I can foresee members coming up with questions which either probe areas which Abby wouldn't want probed or which the model would feel less than comfortable answering. Are the questions going to be moderated ? How about the answers ?
                                            Of course we'll filter the questions! As i put in the first post in this thread:

Originally posted by valerie
                                            We reserve the right to filter through questions and not have the model answer them if we (or she!) prefer.
                                            As far as the final product, don't you think it'd be odd if we didn't plan on reviewing the recording before posting it on the site? Of course, silly Thanks for reminding us, though...

Originally posted by Vaxalon
                                            If you make this a regular feature, please PLEASE put it out with an RSS feed. That makes it SO much easier.
                                            How would it work with RSS? Can you give me a two-line explination of RSS? The wikipedia entry looked a little daunting this early in the morning.

Comment

I *love* this idea - yes, call it a podcast and everyone immediately understands. I for one would adore a chat with AW models and staff in the car! And yes, definitely use this as a chance to know the models and staff better, not just talk about sex (though that is fun too).

Comment

How would it work with RSS? Can you give me a two-line explination of RSS? The wikipedia entry looked a little daunting this early in the morning.
                                                Basically, an RSS feed is a special kind of XML file. It allows an RSS reader to aggregate the status of many different feeds from across the 'net, without having to download whole webpages.

So here's the sequence of events:

You post an RSS feed and publish the address.

I put the address of the RSS feed into my RSS aggregator (I use one called Juice, but there are many others).

Juice downloads the RSS feed from your site. It has the addressses of two new files in it; a .jpg "cover" and a .mp3 audio file.

Juice automatically downloads the two new files and saves them on my hard drive for me to enjoy at my leisure.

The next day, you add the address of another file to the RSS feed.

That evening, I fire up Juice again, and it downloads the new feed. Juice compares what it has already downloaded to what is listed in the feed, and downloads the new file.

RSS allows subscribers to stay up-to-date on available media (usually mp3 but there are also people who do video) from content providers.

Comment

Of course we'll filter the questions! As i put in the first post in this thread:
                                                  Okay - my wrist is convincingly slapped I am now writing out one thousand times 'I must read threads thoroughly before replying'.....

Comment

Hmm, it could perhaps work for me, but to have a focus on the model and not her body (seem to be one of the points?), I think I'd personally appreciate a clothed interview video more.

Comment

The interview with Chloe was awesome. We've got Marigold lined up now, in just under a fortnight. Post questions here or use this form here.

Comment

One thing that was great when I was with Chloe was that I could have her provide really in-depth answers to seemingly simple questions, had her expand upon stories, and tell us how she felt about stuff and to relive experiences. I have high hopes Marigold will be equally entertaining.

Comment

Marigold is usually quite entertaining

Do you think it helps not having a videocamera around, with the in-depth answers? Easier to concentrate on telling things as opposed to showing it?

-Frans

Comment

....and a mic might be less intimidating than a video cam. Although I have a problem imagining either Chloe or Marigold being intimidated......

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X