Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pictures won't load? (access denied in url?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures won't load? (access denied in url?)

Hi,

I noticed that several thumbnails of a gallery refused to load, example gallery:

Several of the images don't show at all, the url of those images is something like:

http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=access+denied&login=y&refuri=/content/member/Jayde/jayde/jayde031-thumb.jpg

Which is strange for two reasons:
    1. Thumbnails don't require a login?
    2. I *am* logged in, and can view about 50% of the site fine.

Page-code loads fine, but the media doesn't. Is everybody downloading something wildly populair or something??

I guess this means I'll have to go downtown and party instead... heh... such a shame...

-Frans

Hey Frans, there is no prob for me to load the thumbs of Jayde's site from the above stated thread. You sure are looking for a reason to go partying downtown. Have a good time, anyway.............

doinel

Comment

FransAW, I tried to view your example, the Jayde's set and first time all thumbnails were shown alright, but when I tried second time there were about 50 % "red crosses". But when I loaded that page again, every image was shown again. You are right there is definitely something wrong.

Your page was something like this, Frans ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FaultyJaydePage.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	616769

I guess it is that same bug which were already earlier today making hard to load Kristin_Shelly_B set, that was complained by several members. We'll just have to wait for the rescue .

yusa
      Last edited by yusanord; 25 November 2006, 10:31 PM. Reason: Adding picture.

Comment

I am also having problems, zip files will not download with 'down them all' the Firefox extension, plus some pixs are missing from the page view. But it is intermittent ....
        My page looks a bit like the one you have posted except I do not get a blank box where the pix should be, just a dot. But I am on a Mac so it may be different for Microsoft?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by depictmeuk; 25 November 2006, 11:40 PM. Reason: add picture

Comment

I'm having this now too. :-/

If I click on the image link itself, it looks like the image then starts loading on its separate page, but fails. If I then try to right-click and pick "Show image" on the (failed) full-size image itself, I often get redirected to a "You don't have Gold Access" error page. It makes me a sad panda.

I've tried logging out and re-logging in, cleared my cookies, and generally messed around a bit.

I use to access AbbyWinters with Firefox 2.0, but with these problems, I next tried in Internet Explorer 7, but got similar issues.

I'm attaching an example gallery page, but it basically looks the same as above.

The strange thing is that the problem seems to be spread out over the gallery, and not entire galleries seem to be unvailable. I also sometimes couldn't use the .zip archive links on various model homepages when I tried, then also getting to the "no account access" page.

My page looks a bit like the one you have posted except I do not get a blank box where the pix should be, just a dot. But I am on a Mac so it may be different for Microsoft?
          Yes, I'm pretty sure this depends on the browser. For me, Firefox shows like Safari (?) does for you above, and that MSN-ish browser above your post shows like IE 7 for me. I guess it's just a difference in how the browsers show missing images.
          Attached Files

Comment

I did the cookies, log out/log in stuff as well, and I just got a 'No gold access error as well'.
            Could be a PHP problem?

As an aside , it is interesting (well to me anyway) to see what else is on the screen shots we posted!

Comment

I think it should be clear that it is one server in the cluster that is causing this problem. It is being addressed. Standby.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, great Vid Dude.
                Hmm, that'd explain things with it being so intermittent.

Maybe we're wearing out the poor server hamsters.
                As an aside , it is interesting (well to me anyway) to see what else is on the screen shots we posted!
                Hehe, yes, I blanked out at least my favorite Firefox links to preserve some privacy. But yeah, some of my favorite quicklaunch apps is there, and Miranda + Outlook in my system tray.

Comment

jugalator, just in case you're interested my browser is Firefox, but skinned to look like Safari, and I posted the image then thought 'have I included anything private here' which was a bit late....

Comment

The faulty server node has been repaired so this issue should now be resolved. Let us know if you are still having problems.

Comment

Originally posted by shanond View Post
                      The faulty server node has been repaired so this issue should now be resolved. Let us know if you are still having problems.
                      Yep, pages load much quicker now (about 1 second for an entire gallery thumbnail page which is niiiice;-).

Oddly enough a refresh on the problem-page (which was still loading from last night, heh.. about 10 hours 12 minutes for that page ;-) didn't do much. Prolly a caching problem on my end though. Going to another page in the same gallery worked fine

Thanks!

-Frans

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X