Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloading mpeg is faster than wmv ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading mpeg is faster than wmv ????

This is utterly strange;

The mpeg download runs about 260 Kb/sec (normal) but the wmv download runs at 18~21 Kb/sec ?? (no I didn't run them paralel)

My download manager will get the file eventually but this difference is so strange? Anybody else having low speed wmv downloads or is it just me going crazy ? Could somebody try a partial download of the above mentioned wmv and check the speed?

Straaaange mr. Spock, veeeery strange..

-Frans

Heh.. this forum truly helps.. about 15 minutes after posting the above speed picked up.. lord knows what caused it but it's OK now

Back to browsing blowfish.com we go..

-Frans

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
      The mpeg download runs about 260 Kb/sec (normal) but the wmv download runs at 18~21 Kb/sec ??
      I'm downloading mpeg's at 17 Kb/sec!!!

Not a happy bunny, hope it's only a short-term thing!

Comment

the net's busy at times ,and speed varies from place to place ,I'm using Leechget and when I downloaded this morning -everything seemed fine then

Comment

zip speed issue

Try downloading zips... The speed is fluctuating WILDLY today. I've had my friend Tripod over thinking it was Anna and my network at fault, but he said the network and internet connection is fine. Download of zips today has been between 280kb/s and 440Kb/s... Normally we don't have a problem receiving in excess of 500Kb/s and sometimes 1Mb/s (in exceptional circumstances)... Plus, I always have 10 downloads on the go at any one time. Is there a demand issue on the AW server this weekend leading to out-bound bandwidth problems? You can tell me yes or no without me knowing, but Tripod wants to know in case he has missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling2 View Post
            the net's busy at times ,and speed varies from place to place ,I'm using Leechget and when I downloaded this morning -everything seemed fine then
            Yeah I know the net is sometimes busy, but that doesn't explain two files from same server downloading at such weirdly different speeds As an ICT person I tend to wonder about such things Nothing a downloader manager will hide from you (it won't actually solve it of course).

-Frans

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
              Yeah I know the net is sometimes busy, but that doesn't explain two files from same server downloading at such weirdly different speeds As an ICT person I tend to wonder about such things Nothing a downloader manager will hide from you (it won't actually solve it of course).

-Frans
              Unless you get a download acccelerator...

Comment

we did have a small glithc this morning when frans felt briefly (we go not other complaints, it lasted for like, 15 mins)

Back to normal for us now, so other net issues would be what you're feeling.

Comment

Hi Michelle - download accelerator ? We live near you - I think - prob same latitude give or take one or two degrees and longitude. Love your detailed posts.
                  JJ

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X