Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything happened to descriptions in lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything happened to descriptions in lists?

I noticed today that the descriptions I added to all the pics in my list seem to have disappeared

The same problem appears to have affected my other public list too.

Also, I tried to add a new description today and it failed to save.

As I didn't keep a copy of any of the descriptions, are they all now lost? If so, any ideas why they might have disappeared and why I can't add new descriptions?

Seems to have also affected a couple of other people's lists that I recall having descriptions on individual pics before.

Policy decision? Did I miss an announcement?

Comment

If there was a change in policy I missed it as well.
      Mine are missing as well.

c

Comment

this is not a policy thing, but a bug. Will research and get back to you.

Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

now fixed, sorry for the mixup.

Comment

Thanks for getting that sorted Abby. Unfortunately although the description texts remain in one of my lists, they have gone in the other

My suspicion is that this is because - as I mentioned above - I added a new pic to the one list and tried to add a new description which failed to save. I'm guessing that because all the descriptions were absent when I hit the "Save change" button it saved exactly that setting - i.e. no descriptions for any pic except the new one I added!

Oh well, "written in water" and all that. I shall move on stoically.

Comment

sorry to report that descriptions added during this down-time cannot be found again. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
                sorry to report that descriptions added during this down-time cannot be found again. Sorry.
                No problem, Abby.

Comment

WHAT is going on??

First it was my descriptions that disappeared. I depended on them because there is so much good stuff on AW. Now all my

favorites have disappeared !!

Now I have nothing. All gone.....

Seriously, is it all gone?

Comment

Wait a minute.....

I can get to my favorites by finding an existing one and clicking on it. Beautiful. Hallelujah. But when I tried to add Priscilla

this morning it appeared all by itself. That's why I thought I had lost them. I'm paranoid. I'll adapt.

Comment

Are you on 'noisy' setting or 'quiet' setting?

Comment

More, might help some poor soul

Now I know why that favorite appeared by itself. It was simply the first posting on page four of my favorite videos. So strike all that dumbness.

Abby, I don't know how you put up with us. I suspect the women give you grief running the company and the guys give you grief running the website.

VidDude, I don't know. FransAW asked the same question when I wrote that my Members Home Page scroll bar doesn't stay visible long enough to do anything.

Comment

The only time I have noticed this happening is around 3am Eastern Standard Time, or the time when AW updates the site. I would venture that around that time the servers are doing the update and are not accepting new data input from the users (us). When this happens I just wait for a little while, an hour does the trick, and then I can usually add my data.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X