• Show
Clear All

Testing Pic Attachment Dimensions

I always forget what's best.

OH YEA!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Dang, you can hear the bells ringing!

Comment

Another test attachment. I didn't want to clutter up kristen's thread with this.

Where am I goin' wrong ya'll? 200 or 300 posts?

EDIT: After uploading the screenshot image, I changed my resolution to 1152x864 and I still see that I can't clearly read the letters in the screenshot. So I need to change the resolution before I take my screenshot. Correct? I'll redo if necessary.

alleyes. (there's just no excuse)
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, here is my latest attempt. (Playing on a Sunday morning).

Changed resolution BEFORE screenshot. Ahhh, that's better.

Whaddya think? What do I need to do to make better?

[Edit: this shot was taken at 1152x864]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alleyes1; 11 February 2007, 06:41 PM. Reason: additional question

Comment

Oh I see, you're looking at the message counter for this thread (which is indeed on the right). I was looking at the number of messages Kristin has posted (she does post outside her thread you know ;-).

E.g. my postcount is 1190 if you're looking at this message quickly enough ;-) and this is message #5 in this thread.

Comment

see how dilly I am, fransAW??

Comment

Originally posted by alleyes1 View Post
              see how dilly I am, fransAW??
              Quite fast though ;-)

Comment

Ok, here is my latest attempt. (Playing on a Sunday morning).

Changed resolution BEFORE screenshot. Ahhh, that's better.

Whaddya think? What do I need to do to make better?
                #2 is plenty clear on my screen (at 100%). I had to blow up #1 to 200% before I could read then number.

Comment

Spud, what's your resolution if I might ask?

[Edit: I'm on XP Pro and I tried to change my display settings down to 1024x768. When I did, an icon which looks like the end of a video connector appeared showing VGA mode. My screen went black. I tried different things to no avail so I decided to shutdown. When I pressed the shutdown button on the computer, it quickly reverted back to DVI mode before shutting down. I remember in the setup instructions it said that I could not have VGA and DVI cables both connected at once. Just experimenting.]
                  Last edited by alleyes1; 11 February 2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Spud, what's your resolution if I might ask?
                    1400x1050 is the screen resolution.

I use Opera and all my images are displayed at 100% by default.

The viewer's screen resolution really doesn't matter. It is the resolution that the image is recorded at that makes it readable or not. Contrary to CSI and other TV shows you can't enhance an image like they would have you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud
                      Contrary to CSI and other TV shows you can't enhance an image like they would have you believe.
                      That's why I never waste my time with those shows.

** Spud see my previous post, i edited.
                      Last edited by alleyes1; 11 February 2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

..** Spud see my previous post, i edited.
                        Not sure what you are getting at with the reduced resolution.

Things on the screen take a specific number of pixels (in general) and if you have a lower screen resolution then you have to scroll to see one part or another. There are some applications that scale things to the screen, but that is usually only images.

For example, the box that this message is being typed in may be scaled to match your resolution, but the font selected will take the same number of pixels regardless of resolution.

Clear as mud? PM me (I wish).

Spud

Comment

Maybe you should use an image editor with a crop function.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                            Maybe you should use an image editor with a crop function.
                            or a selective screen capture like SnagIt. I use it and love it.

And it has a nice image editor

Comment

thanks 'Spud and 'Dude. Sorry I made this clear as mud. I kind of got side tracked. I have Adobe Fireworks which lets you do the cropping thing. (I used it to put the arrow on the screen).

Thanks again.

Comment

By the way, 'Spud. I don't know if you saw this about Opera. It's pretty impressive. CSS3 support.

Comment

By the way, 'Spud. I don't know if you saw this about Opera. It's pretty impressive. CSS3 support.

http://my.opera.com/dstorey/blog/show.dml/701902
                                  Nope, didn't see that. I am not a web page composer so I don't keep track of what it takes to build a page. From the comments it looks like a good thing.

Do you know what the monkey said when the lawnmower ran over his tail? -- It won't be long now.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                  Working...
                                  X