Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many different IPs for one account ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many different IPs for one account ?

i wandering how many IPs can i have for this account ?

i have PC at work, PC at home, Laptop

The number of IP's doesn't matter, as long as you do not access the site simultaneously from multiple IPs - that will get your account locked (as it'll appear to our servers as if two people are using the same account).

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
      The number of IP's doesn't matter, as long as you do not access the site simultaneously from multiple IPs - that will get your account locked (as it'll appear to our servers as if two people are using the same account).

but if i on work on this site and forgot to log-off and leave computer opened, and then come home and enter site - what then ?

thank you,
      zoran

Comment

That's okay, as long as you aren't downloading simultaneously.

Comment

It's not really simultaneous access that we look for. The code that determines whether an account has been used from too many different IP addresses is very, very complicated, but it is also very, very effective at identifying accounts that have been hacked without throwing up false positives. In other words, if you log in from a few different locations, you won't have a problem.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X