The Webpage Cannot Be Found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm getting this morning whenever I try to download a video.

What's up?

Have you tried rebooting? Refreshing the page? Clearing your cache?

Comment

I think this could be a log in problem!
      If you are not logged in you get an Error 404 Message when you try to download.

go here:

and check your status in the box top right of the page.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Yesterday I re-upped for another year and this morning I logged in with my new password, twice, I rebooted, twice, but I did both those things AFTER I had tried to download. It looks like the secret is to do the log-in BEFORE you do anything else. I tried that this afternoon when I read your replies and it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by lpadge View Post
          Thanks, guys! Yesterday I re-upped for another year and this morning I logged in with my new password, twice, I rebooted, twice, but I did both those things AFTER I had tried to download. It looks like the secret is to do the log-in BEFORE you do anything else. I tried that this afternoon when I read your replies and it worked!
          Yes, doing a refresh of the page that shows you the error (which used to be "you don't have gold access" instead of a 404 by the way, appearantly that changed?) is just going to show you the error again

Btw. do you intentionally logout everytime? I just check 'remember me' once after entering username/password/security-code and then press 'login' and the site remembers me as logged in for MONTHS. Reboots really do influence that (unless you have programs that run on shutdown/startup which clear out cookies, windows washer or such)

Comment

I use cookie Culler, the plugin for Firefox, so I protect the AW cookies, and a few others, so I don't have to login.
            I regularly clear out the cache and cookies but logins here are unaffected, which is cool.

Comment

fransAW

Yes, I do the "remember me" so I was in the habit of simply going forward. This is my first re-subscribe and I didn''t realize that if I tried to do anything before I did the log-in it would not work; I could not go back and log in. Not knowing that, every time I re-started I tried to download something first and then tried to log-in......... Dumb. Now I know. And somebody else probably knows, too.

Comment

Yes, I do the "remember me" so I was in the habit of simply going forward. This is my first re-subscribe and I didn''t realize that if I tried to do anything before I did the log-in it would not work; I could not go back and log in. Not knowing that, every time I re-started I tried to download something first and then tried to log-in......... Dumb. Now I know. And somebody else probably knows, too.
                lpadge; from your description it doesn't sound like that works as intended (you should have seen '"In order to view the Members Only content of our site, you must log in below. " page). Hmm.. just noticed that to view the thumbnail galleries one needs to login, that used to be to only needed to view the actual size images, wonder if that's intentional.

To bad this particulair error is kinda hard to reproduce (though I need to re-sub in about two months ;-), but I don't think you should EVER see a regular 404 page without an explanation. AW.com is very friendly website which tends to explain errors

Comment

I just logged myself out and tested the site.

The thumbnail views are now blocked, you get a login screen instead
                  Trying to access a video produces a standard error 404 page, not the AW custom page.(This has been causing a few subscribers problems)

I will pass it along to the higher authorities. You reading this Vid Dude!

Comment

Forwarded to Willow...

Comment

fransAW

One of the options on the screen was to "Go to AW" but when I did I got an essentially blank screen that said something about "404 '. So I was on my own to figure out that I had to log in with my new password before I tried anything else. I didn't notice any warning. Maybe the re-subscription acknowledgement message should tell you to be sure to do that.

Comment

One of the options on the screen was to "Go to AW"
                        Where did you find this link that led to nowhere? Perhaps it has an error in it which we can correct.

Comment

This issue has been fixed. Thanks everybody

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X