X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total amount downloaded

Hi all,

When I look at

it says that I have downloaded more than 10GB. On the other hand, the stuff that I actually have downloaded (and lies around on my hard disk) amounts to about 2.7GB (plus maybe half a dozen failed downloads altogether from the times when the harddisk ran full and I had to make room for more fantastic AW stuff ). Is it realistic to consume 6GB of transfer just by looking at imageset pages and single images or should I get paranoid about mind-reading aliens? Or maybe the amount downloaded includes what I downloaded when I had my earlier subscription, but the join date is the beginning of the current subscription?

Anyway, I think that it is a good sign for the quality of AW that I spent several days in the archives finding lots and lots of fantastic stuff (I still haven't seen everything) and did not even have time for looking at the updates (but I'm very happy with the update frequency and rhythm - in contrast, another site that I subscribed to has had "Today's premiere" for several weeks - after some sharp criticism, they provided put one (1) new update on the site and later changed "Today's premiere" to "premiere", which at least is more honest...)

Well, anyway, thank you Abby, VidDude, Susie, Toby, Prue and everyone I forgot (including the models) for your hard and inspiring work! (Sorry, got a bit into rambling)

Hi sqrt17, that Total Amount Downloaded includes all your earlier subscription downloads too.

My "My AW" says that I have downloaded over 110 Gb since join date of 17 Feb 2007, I am not that fast downloader .
    Last edited by yusanord; 19 February 2007, 09:42 PM. Reason: Removing incorrect information.

Comment

I suspect the mind-reading aliens myself.

Just browsing the site looking at pixs will not use 6Gig of bandwidth, it's the downloaded vids and zips that use up the bandwidth.

What you need to keep an eye on, if your usage suddenly shoots up, are the IPs that have logged in on your account, we do get members that have been hacked, if you think there is some activity that is not yours let us know so we can take some action.

Your account looks fine BTW and all the downloads are yours from the first time you joined.

Comment

guys, the MyAW info shows all download data, whether browsing, streaming, zips, single images, videos.

It's possible your browsing has been 6Gb, if you browse the site a lot, and don't save images or videos. Does that describe how you use the site?

If not, there's a chance your account has been hacked, and someone else has been using it (or, you gave your access info to someone else?).

Comment

My MyAW shows: Total Amount Downloaded Since join date of 01 Jan 2007, 57.91 Gb downloaded.

When I look at the AW folder on my HD it say it has 56,5GB in it... that seem quiet correct since I unpacked the zips an d deleted them afterwards to only keep the unpacked series... and I know I downloaded several sets twice or trice when I really liked them to be sure I can keep them...

Btw. a question came to my mind:

Abby how do you think about users burning the zips and/or unpacked files on DVDs or BlueRays as backup? Not to display them but to prevent loss from HD failures. Would it be good the users would do it so if, heaven bewares from it ever happening, your servers had a massive crash and the site got lost that the users could send you the data to rebuild the archive? Or are all file secured away from the site?

Just lil' nosy Jack

Comment

Jack, we have no problem with you backing up our stuff for your own use.

We have several copies of our material in geographically diverse locations, so we'd be unlilkely to need our customers to help us rebuild in the event of a meltdown. But i am sure that many customers COULD help if we needed them to!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
              Jack, we have no problem with you backing up our stuff for your own use.

We have several copies of our material in geographically diverse locations, so we'd be unlilkely to need our customers to help us rebuild in the event of a meltdown. But i am sure that many customers COULD help if we needed them to!
              Thanks for your answer... I haven't burned anything so far but I have copied everything I downloaded zipped and unpacked on a external HD which is locked away until the next backup, the folder on my main drive is shut down with password so noone can get to anything from AW when working at my system (which isn't often)... I think if armageddon arrives (meaning everything is lost somehow) that there wouldn't be one of your fans who wouldn't try the help *smile*

Btw., totally off-topic, I know but could you send say some greetings to Jordan from me? He/She (I don't know if it's a male or female name) really helped me on live-support with some difficulties I had when being here the first days... Thanks!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X