All Vids Jerky Speech Clipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Vids Jerky Speech Clipped

I have only just joined the site and the very first video I tried to play was jerky and the speech is clipping. This is a real downer for me as you can imagine as its the kind of site that appeals to me. I reside in the UK and have an 8 Meg connection and I have just left another site that was in the US and I had no problems with it. Is there anything I can do or is it the time of day? The local time in the UK whilst I am doing this is 2000 GMT. I guess I will not be entitled to a refund if a cancel straight away if this cannot be fixed as at the moment it really is unwatchable, sorry guys.

tinderbox942,

You'll get a reply soon. they are very good here about getting back to you. you might want to post a little more about exactly what you were trying to do? were you using a download manager, if so, which one? they don't support "streaming" yet, so were you trying to do that? which video you were trying to download? that sort of thing.

alleyes

Comment

tinderbox942,
      if your looking at this, if you go up to the membership tab and select 'feedback' the "support chat" is online at this time. the other option is to leave a message by clicking on the drop down menu on the left hand side and choose the "pic vid, etc." help and filling out the form. it shouldn't take long.

alleyes

Comment

Sounds like you're trying to stream the video. Not a very good idea, our videos have a high bitrate, making streaming impractical, even with a fast connection. Download the files first has always, always, always been our recommendation.

Streaming will be made available soon, but until that time, please always download them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I understand that streaming is not yet catered for. I hope this is coming pretty soon. Dont want to sound like a moaning ninny but as I said in the post, the other site that I used was priced pretty close to this one and the quality was better, (sorry, just being honest here, not picking holes as I like this site). And it was also a link from that site so you would hope that the quality was at least as good as that one. I will stick here for the remainder of my subscription and hope that streaming will be introduced when this subscription expires so I can renew. Any ideas when streaming will be introduced? Thanks.

Comment

I am curious. Why stream?
            Much easier to dwnld, play, and delete if you wan't to save the space.

Comment

The problem with streaming is that the quality will have to be less in order to play properly.

Comment

The problem with downloading as opposed to streaming is I only have a 1GB download limit per month so I guess I would soon exceed that if I chose to download but there we go. Beggars cant be choosers I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by tinderbox942 View Post
                  ...I only have a 1GB download limit per month...
                  Well, that's really not very much. Because the size of our videos you will pretty fast go over that limit.
                  You should probably wait until our streaming is in place, these videos will be much lower in volume (and quality).

Lxm

Comment

tinderbox; Sorry, I continue to forget how fortunate I am to have unlimited downloads and speed thru AOL and Yahoo here in the US.

Comment

No need to say sorry Ham. We all have different ISPs offering one thing or another and maybe it is time to up-grade, nps m8.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X