Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video joining problem with OSX 10.4

Hi

Hitherto I've been using mpgtxwrap perfectly satisfactorily; however, having upgraded to a machine that runs
    on OSX 10.4, I find I can't use mpgtxwrap any more — when I click on "join" after selecting the files I want it to join it gives me the message env: /usr/local/bin/mpgjoin: No such file or directory

Suggestions for a solution to this problem will be much appreciated

MTIA

takochan

My guess is that this program is quite old, and if you have a new Intel Mac it may not run natively on the Intel hardware, have you tried running it via Rosetta?

Comment

If it's not a Universal Binary, the Mac OS automatically uses Rosetta to execute the program.
      There's no choice of using or not using Rosetta.

I had the same error messages and after doing a re-install it works fine.
      I suppose there are files that get lost somehow when switching to Mac OS 10.4.

You may also download the newest version here

Lxm

My computer is fully airconditioned, no need to open Windows.

Comment

reinstall

Originally posted by takochan View Post
        Hi
        Hitherto I've been using mpgtxwrap perfectly satisfactorily; however, having upgraded to a machine that runs
        on OSX 10.4, I find I can't use mpgtxwrap any more — when I click on "join" after selecting the files I want it to join it gives me the message env: /usr/local/bin/mpgjoin: No such file or directory
        The error message indicates that mpgjoin is not installed on your system. I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of mpgtxwrap. Be sure to install the mpgtx-13-2.pkg package, which includes the mpgjoin program which you are missing.

You can download a copy of it here.

Comment

Hehe, I was first!

Lxm

Comment

Problem solved!!

Thanks!!!

PS The first tryout was with Gabrielle and Jilly——— the effect is combustible!!!)
            Last edited by takochan; 6 April 2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

The first tryout was with Gabrielle and Jilly——— the effect is combustible!!!)
              ...especially so on the 24-inch screen of my new iMac...

takochan

Comment

I hate to admit I don't know what you guys are talkign about but I have always wanted to jon the vids together into one long vids. I don't need to do this with the new ones from AW but the older ones were in two minute lengths and then there are some vids from other sites to remain nameless

I am using a two year old Mac OS (10.3.9) and when I was having problems with my webcam and YM program quitting I called the Mac help line and they said a new Cat would be coming out soon (Puma, or lynx or something?) so I will probably upgrade to that but until then, do I have what i need to join vids together?

Comment

Originally posted by matchless View Post
                  I hate to admit I don't know what you guys are talking about but I have always wanted to join the vids together into one long vids. I don't need to do this with the new ones from AW but the older ones were in two minute lengths
                  Even with the new AW vids (especially the GG vids, where the shoot is broken down into several files) it's worth considering joining them up so that (if you have the time and the inclination) you can enjoy the whole whole thing from beginning to end without a break.

Originally posted by matchless
                  I am using a two year old Mac OS (10.3.9) and when I was having problems with my webcam and YM program quitting I called the Mac help line and they said a new Cat would be coming out soon (Puma, or lynx or something?)
                  Tiger, actually (aka 10.4.x).

Originally posted by matchless
                  so I will probably upgrade to that but until then, do I have what i need to join vids together?
                  As Luxman and toys17 advised, go here for a neat little application that will enable you to do that with .mpg files (doesn't work for .wmv or .mov files, though). It's the one that was the subject of my origin post in this thread.

HTH

takochan

Comment

Arigatoo Gozaimasu, Takochan San

I don't have time to do it now but I'll think about it when I get back. And of course, procrastination means I may never do it at all but at least i know where to go for the software now

Comment

... you can enjoy the whole whole thing from beginning to end without a break.
                      I always thought the breaks were especially made to get a new box of Kleenex.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                        I always thought the breaks were especially made to get a new box of Kleenex.

Lxm
                        Unnecessary if one comes prepared, as it were...

t

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X