Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abby Winters Chat Room

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if AW has ever had or thought about having a live chat room,something like msn that would allow members,models and staff to chat if they wanted to ?
    I think something for members,models and staff would be great and would love to know what everyone thinks of the idea ?
    Jason.

Two problems with this, though they may be overcome one day.

We have to do it within Australian waking hours, and that doesn't match up with most other countries' hours very practically.

And the other problem is supervision. There's already privacy concerns with the boards, and the even looser format of live chat is fraught with more serious issues. We'd need a moderator constantly on alert, which is something we can't easily afford to spare.

The boards are already almost-realtime, so for now I think this is good enough for most people.

Comment

Thanks Vid Dude,you're very right about the risks and the trouble with having someone needing to monitor what went on all the time,i guess i thought that if it ever was possible that keeping it for members,models and staff only might make things a little easier ? As for the timezone problems i for one wouldn't really mind,i've only been a member for a couple of weeks and from what i've seen and read i guess the majority of members are actually from overseas so it would make sense that the times are aimed at them.

Comment

Chat Section

Pick the model of the week. Put here on from say 7:00pm to 8:00pm use only screen names of course and Mod the chat heavily.
        have her answering questions from members (not personal of course ,ie name, location, would of course be band.) Maybe the new model of the week. The models privacy would have to be maintained but i think it may develop into a popular site. The only problem I see would be one or two members trying to dominate. The other way would be to have her answer presubmitted questions and be a one way conversation. That way the members get what they want (personal chat with model) and no one could then take over the chat. The format would be the same as the main section but live for one hour only. Mod ask the question and model answers. Again these questions would be submitted by the rank and file members. I thoght of this because I relise that months sometimes pass between the shoot and the posting and this would give the model a chance to be current of her views and I think make this site even more unique. I have seen this successful in other venues and if handled properly, is very popular. It's the live angle that makes things more personal while maintaining the privacy of the models.
        Last edited by waltercp3; 23 August 2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Well, that is almost the same as what we do here on the boards already.

Comment

Hey Walter...

I know chatting with the models in realtime sounds like an incredibly exciting idea at first thought, and is a logical progression from the boards, but, I personally think it's something that needs a fair amount of careful thought before going ahead with it.

I reckon Vid Dude has enough work on his hands moderating the forums (he has to read every post ever made, including yours and mine in this thread - sorry VD ); make him monitor a busy real-time conference and he could do a mental hernia!

Plus, we're a global community here, and 7:00pm for us might be 1:00am for you guys - not terribly practical, eh?

I also presume most models would easily & vividly recall their shoots long after they're done; it's not something that they do every day, and in fact, for the majority of them, it's a unique first-time experience.

I'd suggest sticking with the forums in the meantime. They're as good as they get.

Comment

Ok

Comment

Actually, one idea we were sort of toying with is having members submit questions that a model would then answer later (say, wait a week for questions to build up - we could mod them and put similar ones together, etc). Then we'd publish the results all at once. So, sorta like that, but not in realtime, but lots of questions answered. Ok, maybe this isn't exactly what the idea was, but it's still an idea. What do you all think?

Comment

I think it's a great idea...then us girls dont have to think of something to say!

Comment

Excellent idea Valerie!!!! Top thinking. Was that your idea??? You clever monkey you.... hehehe

Plus i agree with Millie, i prefer answering questions rather then trying to come up with ideas for questions or comments etc.

Would be fun to see the different answers from models too as there are a tonne of them now posting on the boards.

Comment

that's a great idea, val. it'd be really interesting to read something like that

as much as having a chat room seems like fun, i think it'd be far too hard to moderate

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the feedback comment box that ISM have on each of their folio gallery pages (though I think this proposition would be more fun)...

Comment

the feedback/comment box is much closer, i think, to our "New Model: Grunhilde" threads, eh?

Comment

I quite like the idea of the question build-up... It could be like a kind of 'Ask Aunty Ann' kind of thing... LOL 'Dear Model, I have a 7-year-old Shih-Tzu cross that widdled on my grandma's priceless velvet carpet while she was away on holidays and I was housesitting, what's the correct etiquette for dealing with this delicate situation', etc...

Comment

People in autority are too quick to say no, no, no. I put forth an idea that even I can now see would not work and others have taken that idea a ran with it.
                              I like Vals post. It is an excellent idea, BUT, not just any model the first time. I would like to know who I am asking and what HER boundries for questions are. If you had a shoot of as girl ands she is poular on the boards, she could even have questions submitted and answered within the confinds of the forum. I swa weeks ago, a shoot, I think Val was going to do. She even stated that it was going to be done and ask for questions BEFORE the shoot. Of course the staff would have to filter out the more personal stuff, and the models privacy would have to be maintained.

People in authority are not perfect. We, the bosses of the eold, like to think we know all, but we don't. Far from it.

Instead of just saying NO, think about the alternatives that COULD be explored the evolve the site to new levels of enjoyment.

Comment

This post is causing problems and I have ask that it be deleted. Please post no more in this thread.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by waltercp3
                                  Instead of just saying NO, think about the alternatives that COULD be explored the evolve the site to new levels of enjoyment.
                                  Uh, who's saying "no"?

Comment

It's OK, I requested Vid Dude to delete this thread.

I like it here and The one person misunderstood that I am a boss also and I know I am not always right and that is all I said. I do not want to mention the staff member but vid dude knows who I think. I just want to look at the girls and stay friends with the few I have. I have been very open that I take friendships very seriously and am prepared to defend even to the death thier rights to privacy, but, that I would be hurt if anyone got close and did not attempt to at least give me a chance to show my appriciation for all the good times I have had or will have. You included. I just thought that if a way could be worked out the It would be nice to pick the best questions and use them in your shoots. As simple as that.

PS I appriciate your reponse and the response of Vid Dude in this matter. This morning I was prepared to leave and I have calmed down considerablly and will stay for a while. Thank You Waltercp3

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                                      Uh, who's saying "no"?
                                      In fact, I've even changed my stance on the idea, in light of further discussion, and edited my above post to reflect that. Who says that an idea is bad, simply because one person said "no"?

Comment

I have decided not to delete this thread, depsite the request. It wasn't a bad idea as a suggestion for the site, nor is the discussion over.

Comment

This reminds me of the playboy adviser. You ask something and they would get best and honest answer they could find . If they could not get an answer they would let you know that as well.
                                          c

Comment

Hey Walter, we tend to take an idea and mash it up and use different parts of it for new ideas and perhaps use some of those later. Doesn't mean the whole thread has to be deleted because someone thought about it and disagreed! Calm down mate!

And, yeah, we'd probably really filter questions. This was a collaborative idea that came through a group discussion with Jo and was Abby at that meeting? I don't remember, but it wasn't just me, heh. Not sure if this will happen, but I think it's cool. Yeah, like Emma's question, hahahaha! Good one, love!

Are there any models who would consider doing this? Any hands up in the back there?

Comment

OK,OK, Val, you know as Yanks wer'e a bit touchy now days.

As to filtering. You would have to. I don't have a problem with AW models knowing where I live, But, I shouldn't know where they live. There are some I would like to keep up with when thier Abby days are finished, but, Personal questions should be highly filtered.

In the main section you ask them questions anyway, But not necessary for me to know what she likes her boyfriend to do during sex. It's like dating a girl an having her talk about past loves. BORING.

For instance: I would ask Emma_r how she got interested in the med ages in the first place? Rachel what it is like to be on stage in front of a lot of people naked? I might even ask you how you met husband on line, I think you said once, Mainly because that never worked for me or anyone I know. Maybe what the models goals are for the future, because if I read the profiles correctly most are students who want to be something. Of course my sexual days are over for the most part and I am interested in the girl, What makes her tick. Plus , Us Americans Just like to hear Aussie's talk.

The things that would be tabu, anything that goes against Abby's policies of course. Crude, insulting questions,
                                              Address, city they are from, ect.

I think it could be fun. say date one to date two members could submit questions for X model. If your shoots are like mind commerical shoots used to be, you know in advance when a girl is coming back for another shoot.

It is probabaly several weeks till the shoot reaches the members, but, should be enough time to get it all together. And if it does not fly after a curtain time, scrap it.
                                              Last edited by waltercp3; 25 August 2006, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Walter, thanks for starting the good thread. Stick around with the posting will ya.
                                                I like Emma's idea of a question build-up. Sometimes with a Models Speaks thread, it just doesn't take off (no reflection on the model). I do think we members could do better, to kick things off and get the models talking.

I don't think I would participate in live chat.

Comment

Live Web Cam Chat?

Hi. New mwmber here. The photos, videos & discussion boards are great, but have you considered a live webcam chat?
                                                  It would be great to be able to see and chat with them live, in real-time.

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

There has been discussion about this before please read here.

yusa

Comment

AW Chat Room?

I was just wondering why there is no chat room for AW? Would be nice to be able to chat in real time to other people who post a lot on these forums, and also would be good to have models do moderated chats on a regular schedule. I'm not talking about "live shows" type thing.. just chatting and answering questions and stuff about their experience with AW and so on.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I didn't see anything about why there is no chat option built into the site..

Comment

Hi light487

I will jump in first.

Check here This thread will tell you it is not going to happen in any of our life times

And this is why just insert your name in place of the other person's name

oncall

Comment

So basically.. it just opens a can of worms too big to keep under the control.. fair enough, thanks for the quick reply and I appreciate not being flamed to death hehe

Comment

Originally posted by oncall View Post
                                                            Hi light487

I will jump in first.

This thread will tell you it is not going to happen in any of our life times

just insert your name in place of the other person's name

oncall
                                                            Hi Oncall, I made a similar mistake in pointing to a post using URL and expecting the post to pop up. Use
                                                            THREAD and POST instead.

Check here
                                                            And this is why

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X