Automatic log-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic log-on

When I tick the box, saying 'remember' me it doesn't as I need to log-in every time I visit the boards and wish to post. So is there a way the prevent this forum from clearing the relevant cookie after I leave? I notice that it automatically logs me off due to inactivity after a certain period of time as well.

Are you talking about the boards 'remember me' or the main site 'remember me'?

Do you have some kind of overprotective 'ad blocking' software that clears cookies all the time?

Comment

dear vid dude (thought police)

as an individual ,i am,
      i find playing with the devils harmony,( logging ON),
      so after the first atempt i go next door and get the girl to log me on;
      because once i have missed , my train comes to an abruptly stop;
      i hope my half -chime ,dosent take you away from your mistress (the boards, the poestings)

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
        Are you talking about the boards 'remember me' or the main site 'remember me'?

Do you have some kind of overprotective 'ad blocking' software that clears cookies all the time?
        I was taking about the boards 'remember me', the main site is OK. The main site I have never had any problem with. Not aware that I have any 'ad blocking' software that blocks cookies. Anyway, as I didn't log off the boards this morning, it seems to have allowed me back in without logging in (yes that may sound a bit obvious!) I had thought that even if I did log off, then the 'remember me' function would automatically put my password in the box when I start typing my ID.

Comment

Oh. No, when you log off, it removes the cookie. It's a security thing, I suppose. Remembering the password when you start typing is a feature of your browser, which is a fidgety setting I've never been able to get to work consistently.

Logging off should be done if you have other people using your computer and may maliciously want to post as you, or something. Otherwise, do as I do and stay logged in.

Comment

Hi Viv Dude. Does this mean that when we log off boards the message that reads " Cookies cleared ! " means just that ? Always wondered !!!
            BTW, sorry to see you're leaving - we will miss you.
            J/J

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X