Download Managers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Managers?

I used to use a program called Internet Download Manager to download video clips. I could surf, right-click a link and add it to my download queue. It was a good way to make a list of things I wanted to download, then download them all at a given time.

For some reason, the program no longer works with AW.

Let's say I click to download: trudyvid1.wmv

The download manager URL gets redirected and added as: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...ile&model=1966

If I paste the actual link into the download manager, even though it is set up with the AW sub-domain and my username/password combo, it redirects to: access+denied

Any ideas? There weren't any problems until recently.

You need to set the login cookie in Internet Explorer first. Load it up, log in, click remember me, then close IE and all should be fine until something causes your cookies to be erased or need to be altered.

It's in our FAQ

Comment

Thanks, I did spot that in the FAQ. I can't remember the last time I used IE (I use Firefox) but logged in with it, set the remember me box and even made sure I could download files. It hasn't helped though, even after shutting everything down and restarting Download Manager is dropping back to the HTML pages.

Odd. Nothing seems to have changed on this end.

Comment

Maybe you need to flush the IE cache to delete all the AW cookies and start from scratch?

Also do you have any security programs, like McAfee or Norton, these are notorious, (amongst AW support staff) for blocking access to the site.

Comment

yip, this is the real pain in the ass with download managers.

I don't ever really use IE. I use Firefox and Flashget (using Flashgot). I have to make sure that the IE cookie is still set before queueing, otherwise i'll end up with those nice 14k files instead of videos.

Comment

Thanks guys. This must be something at my end. If I right-click and add a link to the download queue I get redirected, even having tried the IE work-arounds, but since doing that I can now paste a link into Download Manager and it works as expected.

Computers. Pah!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X