Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Today?

Howdy,

I just signed up, returning customer. I can navigate the site ok, but all downloads fail. Can't get them started, or once they start they just hang, going nowhere. Kinda disapointing. The technical quality of site is otherwise great. Did I just catch you on a bad day?

Having no trouble connecting to any other sites.

Thanks.

No technical problems today, we have also tested your login and downloads are working for us.

Are you able to view the picture here? Trish Pic

--------
    EDIT:

What happens when you goto this link?
    Direct link

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply, appreciate it.

The links you asked me to test do the same as any other download. The "transferring data" icon spins and spins and spins, but nothing is ever downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by shanond View Post
        No technical problems today, we have also tested your login and downloads are working for us.

Are you able to view the picture here? Trish Pic
        Maybe this helps. That page comes up fine, but not the picture it contains.

Comment

Sounds like something at your end or in between us blocking access to the media servers. If I asked you to;

1) open up a DOS prompt, and...
          2) type "ping -n 5 media.abbywinters.com"
          3) type "telnet media.abbywinters.com 80". The DOS window may go blank, in which case type something random on the keyboard and hit enter.

For (2) would you copy paste the "ping" output back to me, and for (3) once you hit enter after typing something random does some HTML output get send to the DOS window?

Comment

Hi again,

I'm a Mac user. Suggestions?

PS: Downloading files from Rapidshare, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by samjazz View Post
              Hi again,

I'm a Mac user. Suggestions?
              It maybe best you open up a support ticket here: Feedback

However try this;

1) Open up the "Terminal" application. It is located by default inside the Utilities folder, which in turn is inside the Applications folder.
              2) type "ping -c 5 media.abbywinters.com", wait for it to finish running and copy paste the output back to here.
              3) type "telnet media.abbywinters.com 80", do you see a connection message like;

Code:
              Trying 72.232.6.250...
              Connected to media.abbywinters.com.
              Escape character is '^]'.
              3.5) Type something random and hit the Enter key, does it output some HTML text?

Comment

Ok, I'm in Terminal...

I2) type "ping -c 5 media.abbywinters.com", wait for it to finish running and copy paste the output back to here.
                PING media.abbywinters.com (72.232.6.250): 56 data bytes
                64 bytes from 72.232.6.250: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=65.17 ms
                64 bytes from 72.232.6.250: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=62.629 ms
                64 bytes from 72.232.6.250: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=64.982 ms
                64 bytes from 72.232.6.250: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=57.065 ms
                64 bytes from 72.232.6.250: icmp_seq=4 ttl=52 time=62.658 ms

--- media.abbywinters.com ping statistics ---
                5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
                round-trip min/avg/max = 57.065/62.5/65.17 ms

3) type "telnet media.abbywinters.com 80", do you see a connection message like;
                telnet media.abbywinters.com 80
                Trying 72.232.6.250...
                Connected to media.abbywinters.com.
                Escape character is '^]'.
                ff
                <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
                <html><head>
                <title>501 Method Not Implemented</title>
                </head><body>
                <h1>Method Not Implemented</h1>
                <p>ff to /index.html not supported.<br />
                </p>
                <hr>
                <address>Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.1.4 Server at media2.abbywinters.com Port 80</address>
                </body></html>
                Connection closed by foreign host.

So, what does this tell you?

Thanks again.

Please extend my subscription to telnet-babes.com :-)

Comment

It tells me your connecting to the media servers without issue.

Your using Firefox 1.5 to download correct? Would you please try downloading with Safari to see if that works?

Comment

Aha! Just because I had no idea what else to do, I erased all my Abby Winters cookies, and relogged in to everything from scratch. Downloading a video now. Looks like some kind of issue with your login setup. I could login to the site with original cookies, but not access the media file server. No error was presented to tell me what the issue might be.

Anyway, that may be helpful or not. Seems to be working now with new cookies.

Thanks again for your prompt replies. As much as I enjoyed the telnet babes, I'm guessing the real ones will be even better! :-)

Comment

Good-o... I'll let Willow (Programmer) know.

Comment

Um, sorry, I spoke too soon. Downloaded one video fine. Now I'm back to the same problem.

How about this? I'll leave you guys alone the rest of today. I'll come back tomorrow and try again. If it still doesn't work, can you issue me a refund please?

Honestly, I do net tech work too, and joining this site is supposed to be my fun, not more tech work. I don't really want to help you guys diagnose your tech problems, no offense. Too many other sites I can join without this kind of thing.

Actually, sorry to say, but it's easier to download Abby Winters files off of Rapidshare via a file sharing site I won't mention here unless you want me to.

Best of luck...

Comment

Hi samjazz. Thanks for your help and your patience. Let us know how you go.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X