Page error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page error!

Thought this might be interesting to someone. Don't know where else to post it. I went to this page:

...and repeatedly got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/abbyw3/cms/abby/lists/display/prerender.php on line 421

...whatever that means!

I get *exactly* the same error from that page!
    Using IE6 in Win2K.

Comment

It could be there are too many items in the list!

Comment

I got it too... using latest Firefox on Windows XP... you're not alone FR!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by depictmeuk View Post
          It could be there are too many items in the list!
          There are over 3300 items in that List. Yes, I think it's a little larger than it ought to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
            I got it too... using latest Firefox on Windows XP... you're not alone FR!

Luv Melinda
            Speaking of which... How are you getting along with FireFox Mel?????

Comment

Is it just me or is this problem already fixed ? I can load that page fine, at least couple of times I tried it. It says that on that list there is 3336 images in 67 pages, so it seems to be quite large list.

Comment

Works for me now!

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                  Is it just me or is this problem already fixed ? I can load that page fine, at least couple of times I tried it. It says that on that list there is 3336 images in 67 pages, so it seems to be quite large list.
                  Yeah, as I recall 2000 is the upper design limit sort of. Might want to consider enforcing that
                  Otherwise everytime someone creates a HUGE list you're in trouble.

Works indeed ok now.

Comment

There is still one thing wrong, though -- and it happens on some other Lists, too: the navigation links at the foot of the page aren't always being generated properly by the code. Specifically the Next link has no href tag to it at the foot, but at the head of the page the link is always generated just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                      Speaking of which... How are you getting along with FireFox Mel?????
                      Well as you can see I'm still using it after all this time, so yeah it has worked out really well and I like it much better than IE now... all the little errors that would happen with IE seem to be gone with FF and it runs much faster too (always a bonus)... thanks for the suggestion of trying it alexbee! mwah!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                        Yeah, as I recall 2000 is the upper design limit sort of. Might want to consider enforcing that Otherwise everytime someone creates a HUGE list you're in trouble.
                        There was no real designed-in limit, we deliberately kept it open-ended. However, we never anticipated anyone would ever have a list with 3000+ images on it. Silly us

Anyway, my preference is to build our code so that it can cope with whatever size list people want to create. There is no technical reason for imposing an arbitrary limit .. though I may feel differently when a page crashes on a list with 30,000 images

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                        Works indeed ok now.
                        I hacked around the problem. We're working on a more elegant resolution right now.

Comment

Originally posted by willow View Post
                          Anyway, my preference is to build our code so that it can cope with whatever size list people want to create. There is no technical reason for imposing an arbitrary limit .. though I may feel differently when a page crashes on a list with 30,000 images
                          Yeah but how usefull is a list with so many images? It's hardly specific at that point anymore is it? Never mind having to browse page-after-page-after of that list to see it (but all that is not a tech decision )

Comment

I've just this minute tried the link, and skimmed through all 67 pages. All works well with me, including large images.
                            I use Firefox 2, and have a gig of Ram, which might make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by daimm9 View Post
                              I've just this minute tried the link, and skimmed through all 67 pages. All works well with me, including large images.
                              I use Firefox 2, and have a gig of Ram, which might make a difference.
                              ... Not your RAM but Willow's "hack" that made it work, I believe. Works for me, too, now!

Well over 3,000 images but they're spread over pages, as they should be, so it shouldn't really crash anybody. (Right?)
                              I guess some operation has to do the "spreading" and that's where slavish programmers get excited!

We should send Willow to redesign those Blog sites that need five minutes to serve up a page that's eight inches wide and 122 feet "tall", loaded with photos and such!

(Only thing that takes a long time to load up on this site is the Model List, which is really a "Shoot List", 1,863 lines on a scroll window. I brought that up on another thread somewhere...)
                              Last edited by FloridaRob; 16 June 2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: Added the mention of the Model List

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                                We should send Willow to redesign those Blog sites that need five minutes to serve up a page that's eight inches wide and 122 feet "tall", loaded with photos and such!
                                And while we're at it, can we please redesign MySpace?

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                                  And while we're at it, can we please redesign MySpace?
                                  What's wrong with your space?

Lxm

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                  Working...
                                  X