Message board bug??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message board bug??

I just noticed that, when I'm on the message board, looking at a list of topic headers, and I see my name as "last poster" on the right and I click on it, (the name), I get either Vid Dude's or Luxman's profile page! Actually, I got Vid Dude's once and Luxman's, the next three times.

When I do the same for other "Last Posters", I get the expected profile of that last poster. This happened repeatedly in the Tech Supp page where the message headers are displayed.

I know this board, itself, is from vBulletin, but, if my bug checks out, maybe someone ought to report that.

Hmm, that's a strange thing and difficult for me to test because I always get my profile what's fine.

Lxm

Comment

Hi, Luxman! Yes, I get your profile too!

I'll fiddle some more with it and, maybe, others will too.

Rob

Comment

Do note that clicking on the membername of the displayed 'last poster' does NOT hardlink to that poster (as one would expect). What it does is actively search for the last poster to that thread and show his/her information.

This is what you get when clicking on the last-poster's name.

Code:
        http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulletin/member.php?find=lastposter&t=7545
        Which isn't the same as clicking on a membername anywhere else;

Code:
        http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=119603
        In short; clicking on the last-poster name isn't guaranteed to get you the info of that poster since what is actually show is the info of the last-poster at that moment for that thread, which might have changed between you viewing the name and clicking it. Very silly software design in my opinion, entirely unexpected effect.

Comment

Oooh!

Thanks, Frans! I guess that would explain it!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X