Getright, Vista and IE7 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getright, Vista and IE7 problems

Hello,I'm having problems getting Getright v6.2a to work with the above combination. I can add the file to Getrights download list but when it tries to download it, all I get is a 14k file and the url has changed to "http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=access+denied&login=y&refuri=/content/gold/Katy___Patience_GG/g_katy_patiencebefore.wmv". I have checked that cookies from the browser are being used. This is happening on both the PC's I use, both have the above software combinations. Have you any idea what is going on? Many thanks.

Hi, Shoneg, welcome to the boards!

Your problem seems pretty common.

Read the FAQ about download managers and follow the list of instructions and see if that helps.

Either way, let us know.

Happy surfing!

Comment

I've checked all the settings re. cookies etc. but still no luck. I think I'll have to try another downloader.
      Many Thanks

Comment

Still no luck

I've tried Leechget and all it downloads is a few k of webcode. I can only think this has something to do with cookies. I can't find the abbywinters cookie in my temporary internet files folder, though I don't have to logon eachtime I visit the site. Perhaps my browser is saving them somewhere else. I'll continue to try thing but any input would be greatly appreciated.
        Many thanks.

Comment

Fixed! (Well not quite, I cheated)

I've installed Netscape and it works fine.
          Many Thanks.
          Shoneg

Comment

Firefox is another excellent alternative to IE, ask Melinda how she likes it...

Comment

Please ignore my previous post.

It seems that before installing Netscape, without knowing it, I had already fixed the problem. In my post I mentioned that I use 2 pc's. When I came to install Nescape on the second PC the problem persisted. I therefore retraced my steps on the first PC. Here is the actual fix!
              This may affect all Vista users so it may be worth you adding this to your FAQ.
              I had read on the Getright forums about people having problems downloading from the "Rapidshare" site. The symptoms sounded similar to the problems I was having with AW.
              Many thanks to "grfan" for the following forum post:

Hello guys!
              I ran into the same problem with IE7 / Vista / GetRight / Rapidshare Premium.
              The problem is that GetRight look for IE cookies in the "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Cookies" folder and IE, when not running as administrator, stores the cookies in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Cookies\Low".
              To workaround the problem, until there's a fix for this, run IE as administrator (right click IE icon -> Run as administrator) and log on to rapidshare. This will save the rapidshare cookie in the folder getright is looking at.

Hope this helps (both users and developers)!

This fixed my problem! Thanks "grfan"

Comment

Shoneg, in the FAQ that Arsby linked to is this paragraph:

If you're willing to put up with reminders to buy it, Get Right is free. It's one of the older more established download managers out there, and works for our site as long as you have cookies enabled. You should be able to use any browser with it, even Firefox as long as the cookie is set via IE originally.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                  Shoneg, in the FAQ that Arsby linked to is this paragraph:
                  Hi Vid dude.
                  So what?
                  The important part is that you have to launch IE using the "run as administrator" option to receive the cookie or it gets put in the wrong place for IE to find it.

Cheers
                  shoneg

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X